Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Eden
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw just now that I came ELEVEN in the predictions!!! Wow, I cannot believe it! It is by far my best result ever! So happy!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    ChargerFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Ozark will win both categories This Is Us won last year and that Moss will lose to Robin Wright as a sympathy vote / goodbye hug / pro-Netflix bias type of thing.

This definitely wouldn’t be a bad thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zazee
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Moss will never win an individual SAG. They definitely hold something against her. Remember her Top of the Lake and last year precedent? Ensemble could be a thing and she won twice for Mad Men in this category, yet they never acknowledge her another way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thrilled Robin Wright made it again and I believe it will finally be her year. She should’ve won this and an Emmy by now. I think it’s actually between her and Sandra Oh… It will depend on what BBCAmerica does to actually get viewers to watch the show. She’s amazing on “Killing Eve” but unless they send screeners or links, she’s in trouble. Netflix, of course, will send all kinds of materials out… Last year, hulu did not send links for “Handmaid’s” which hurts it. We’ll see if they do this year.

That said, my predix:
    1. Robin Wright
    2. Sandra oh
    3. Elizabeth Moss
    4. Laura Linney
    5. Julia Garner

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmm, only americans/moss/oh/bateman made both globes and sags for Drama.

a pretty random combination of names.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tonbone
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion Brie is the weakest nominee here. I would prefer if Betty Gilpin was nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Some people keep comparing THT and Westworld which is absurd, yes, they both had some backlash in their second seasons, but WW was hated through the entire season, while THT only at the end. Also, THT both seasons have being recognized by TCA, WW was ignored for both. First season of THT was recognized by AFI, WW was ignored for both. First season of THT swept almost everything, second season have many defenders. The Only big wins for both seasons of WW are two awards Thandie Newton and one for Evan Rachel Wood.

Like I stated (and like you just demonstrated), The Handmaid’s Tale has a goodwill factor from the first season that Westworld does not. The difference in nominations for the second seasons of THT and Westworld are purely down to this goodwill. THT season 2 was not better than Westworld season 2 in terms of quality, and Kiksuya was received better than any THT season 2 episode.

In which world is this true? Not in the real one… Yeah, Kiksuya had some crazy fans that went crazy for it without clear reason, it was the same story that we have seen multiple times in other movies and series, and even in Westworld through the story of Maeve and her doughtier, even in Snow White in 1939 – True love is stronger than anything else. Okay then. Episodes 9 and 10 were far better, but many people did not understood them.

I was and I am a defender of the second season of Westworld, I like the show, but I have never had a big emotional reaction to most of his stories and characters, the big exception is Maeve and that is why (alongside her performance as of course) Newton is the favorite performer in that shows.

Season 2 of THT is bold TV and poignant TV, the nomination of Fiennes shows how much they agree with me. It is true that they may have something against Moss, but I am not so sure about it, she has never been snubbed of anything for THT for both seasons (even at the TCA where she was the only repeat nominee in Drama), she seems very loved and respected by many, a lot of huge stars are following her on Instagram for example. Also, Moss has the best weapon in her own performance, she is far superior than Oh and Wright, I have not seen yet Ozark, but I doubt that Linney and Garner can be better than her.

Also, even if Wright manages to win here, something that I will never predict, she will not win the Emmy, I am completely sure about it. She may be even snubbed.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I suspect Wright is behind both Oh and Moss, at least. House of Cards is now a borderline-unwatchable snooze.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Robin Wright is going to pull out a win and I think that she will get nominated for an Emmy as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Shady17Sg702
    Participant
    Topics:

the whole thing is just SHIT

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Shalhoub has a really good chance at winning SAG. The vote-split could definitely be real between Hader & Winkler and Douglas & Arkin. It’s not like in these 2 pairs 1 is way more buzzy or better so the other won’t be that strong to keep votes away from the other. And Shalhoub is no stranger to SAG, he’s already won 3 individual SAGs for Monk. And Maisel is probably winning both ensemble and actress (for Brosnahan) so he could definitely coattail win. I’ve also read on these forums that Shalhoub continues being great in S2, and by some, even being the MVP.

Yeah he’s really great in season 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.