Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Eden
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t choose between Arquette and Adams. Checked for the past 10 years or more, and the Globes always have had the same winner with SAG except Elisabeth Moss (GG) & Helen Mirren (SAG) and Frances McDormand (SAG) & Maggie Gyllenhaal (GG). Obviously Globes like to go for fresh faces sometimes, but I feel like Amy might be the McDormand of this case, tho Arquette ain’t a fresh face. Adams also could face vote-splitting with Clarkson, and as we saw there is quite some support behind Clarkson. My gut tells me Arquette as it did with the Globes, but I feel like Adams is gonna take both SAGs home. And as much as I love Amy, I found Arquette to have a flashier performance and personally enjoyed her GG win.

Vote splitting will hurt Amy as much as it hurt Nicole last year (who had two co-stars nominated): not at all. Amy could be hurt by splitting the vote with herself in those two categories. That said, I am still going with her in Limited Actress because I can’t imagine many SAG voters having seen the Escape at Dannemora. Globe voters all saw the show in advance, which explains Arquette’s win. Sharp Objects may benefit from airing in the summer, because we know that SAG takes a while to catch up with things. Plus, Amy is beloved by her peers and I’ve seen a bunch of actors praising her performance on Sharp Objects.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

because we know that SAG takes a while to catch up with things

Yeah, and when they do that, they DO NOT nominate the show or performance in question. And no, the argument with the “nomination out of respect” is not valid here, because they snubbed two of the most respected, beloved and praised actresses in the industry – Laura Dern and Regina Kind – to nominate Arquette, so they clearly watched her work.

And I know that you loved Sharp Object, but the comparison between Kidman and Adams is ridiculous, Adams did not receive even a 20% of the praise that Kidman got, which is logical, since Kidman was a 1000 times better.

I adore Adams, I am one of the people that is mad at the Academy for TWO snubs at her – Enchanted and Arrival, but I think that she going to lose two times again, in TV to Arquette or Cruz, in film to Stone or Blunt.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

The thought of Sterling K. Brown receiving 3 SAG awards this year…

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I feel bad for Elisabeth Moss. This is her only chance at winning her individual SAG for the near future at least. Who knows how many seasons THT is gonna have and how long it’s gonna stay relevant enough in order to stick around awards-wise. This year’s SAG could definitely go to either Sandra Oh or Robin Wright, and in the next couple of years I could see them rewarding Olivia Colman both times just like Claire Foy.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Drama Ensemble can go to The Americans?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I was thinking about that, and I think it very much could. There have been countless ensemble winners in the past that didn’t have individual acting noms, though it’s weird ’cause this nom for The Americans is its first and it’s also its last season. However, it’d be the perfect farewell gift a la Golden Globes. And I can’t really think of any other ensemble taking it except This Is Us. At first I predicted Bob Odenkirk and Better Call Saul, as in Actor + Ensemble pattern they usually go for, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of passion behind it by the industry, enough passion for nominations, but never for wins. If Jason Bateman undeservingly upsets, I could see Ozark taking it, which I won’t mind. And lastly the Handmaid’s Tale ship has sailed imo, if they wanted to reward it they would have had last year even without Moss winning, but they didn’t, and Moss is 2/3 chances not winning this year either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that for the first time anyone can win with the exception of Better Call Saul.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I just realised they nominated Bill Pullman for the second season of The Sinner, yet they’ve snubbed the whole cast of Fargo (except BBT) and also forced them to submit drama. They’re so pathetic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Am I the only one having a ridiculously difficult time predicting Stunt Ensemble?

GLOW was nominated last year, has pro-Netflix bias, and is the most nominated show with 3 nominations. Still, it failing to win last year when it had 4, even losing Ensemble to Veep and not reigning champ Orange, gives me pause. Plus, there simply aren’t many stunts I can think of outside the wrestling ring.

The Walking Dead has been nominated in this category every year since its 2nd season. That means it is on its 7th consecutive nomination this year! It always kills in the ratings, so that can only help it with a popular vote like SAG, and I believe the biggest reason it hasn’t won yet I think is due to Game of Thrones dominating that category, winning every year since its 1st season. I think TWD is being underestimated to pull off a surprise victory here, though it wouldn’t be that surprising for me given all the reasons I stated.

Jack Ryan is a show with a ton of action, fighting, stunts, from what I have seen and heard. Plus, John Krasinski got a Drama Actor nomination. Definitely one to consider.

Westworld was nominated for its 1st season, but is the snub of Emmy winner and previous individual SAG nominee Thandie Newton a sign of general apathy for this show in general with SAG voters? It sure has a lot of action that require stunt work. I’m not ruling it out largely due to its visibility.

Marvel’s Daredevil was nominated for the first 2 seasons, could win as a sympathy vote due to it being cancelled in spite of having an acclaimed Season 3 that was universally seen as superior to its previous season, and could have pro-Netflix bias and accessibility benefiting it. Plus, think of all the stunts that go into those epic fight sequences. Maybe this is the winner?

I’d love to know your thoughts on this. If anyone is a SAG voter, you don’t have to reveal your entire ballot obviously, but could you please reveal how you voted on just this one perplexing category? If so, thanks!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Patricia Arquette has to win. Screw Amy Adams. This is a performance that actually deserves to sweep everything. She’s out of this world good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Am I the only one having a ridiculously difficult time predicting Stunt Ensemble? GLOW was nominated last year, has pro-Netflix bias, and is the most nominated show with 3 nominations. Still, it failing to win last year when it had 4, even losing Ensemble to Veep and not reigning champ Orange, gives me pause. Plus, there simply aren’t many stunts I can think of outside the wrestling ring. The Walking Dead has been nominated in this category every year since its 2nd season. That means it is on its 7th consecutive nomination this year! It always kills in the ratings, so that can only help it with a popular vote like SAG, and I believe the biggest reason it hasn’t won yet I think is due to Game of Thrones dominating that category, winning every year since its 1st season. I think TWD is being underestimated to pull off a surprise victory here, though it wouldn’t be that surprising for me given all the reasons I stated. Jack Ryan is a show with a ton of action, fighting, stunts, from what I have seen and heard. Plus, John Krasinski got a Drama Actor nomination. Definitely one to consider. Westworld was nominated for its 1st season, but is the snub of Emmy winner and previous individual SAG nominee Thandie Newton a sign of general apathy for this show in general with SAG voters? It sure has a lot of action that require stunt work. I’m not ruling it out largely due to its visibility. Marvel’s Daredevil was nominated for the first 2 seasons, could win as a sympathy vote due to it being cancelled in spite of having an acclaimed Season 3 that was universally seen as superior to its previous season, and could have pro-Netflix bias and accessibility benefiting it. Plus, think of all the stunts that go into those epic fight sequences. Maybe this is the winner? I’d love to know your thoughts on this. If anyone is a SAG voter, you don’t have to reveal your entire ballot obviously, but could you please reveal how you voted on just this one perplexing category? If so, thanks!

I guess it’s GLOW vs Jack Ryan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’ve come to fully agree with AayaanUpadaya that both The Americans and Atlanta were helped (among other shows and films, possibly) in Ensemble but were strangely snubbed in solo acting categories due to the ABC theory. It is the only logical explanation in my book. That being noted, I don’t think The Americans can win on its only SAG nom ever, as much as I wish that would happen that just doesn’t seem realistic to me. THT had a far less (and I would argue better) season last SAG year but lost to This Is Us.

Many are predicting TIU to win the same 2 but I think the surprise nomination of Julia Garner’s Emmy-snubbed supporting performance is really telling about the extreme level of passion there is among the voters for Ozark, so I’ve got that winning for Ensemble and for Bateman. Don’t forget that last year TIU like Ozark won Ensemble after being snubbed the previous year when Brown was the show’s only nomination, whereas both Bateman and Linney made the cut last year.

The Americans I personally would vote for Drama Ensemble given the nominees, but I recognize these predictions aren’t what I want to win, they are what I think will actually win. ):

Patricia Arquette has to win. Screw Amy Adams. This is a performance that actually deserves to sweep everything. She’s out of this world good.

I predict Arquette, not because of Adams vote-splitting between her and Clarkson among Sharp Objects fans, but more due to Adams splitting votes between her supporters who want her to win for Vice but not SO, and vice versa. Plus, Arquette seems to have widespread passion, she is a prior solo SAG winner for Boyhood in recent years, she plays a real-life person (which actors love), and her show premiered more recently and thus has likely helped it be fresher in voters minds.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the surprise nomination of Julia Garner’s Emmy-snubbed supporting performance is really telling about the extreme level of passion there is among the voters for Ozark

Julia Garner was not snubbed, since she received nominations and mentions everywhere for the second season, she is yet to compete for it at the Emmys.

The Americans can win if many people are horrified as much as we that Keri Russell did not win anything apart from the TCA and that both she and Rhys were snubbed individually, this is the only way we can see them rewarded one more time, I am sure that if they win they will let her speak and it is going to be beautiful! I want to see that!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Westworld is the new Game of Thrones and Game of Thrones won stunts for its second season when both its ensemble and Peter Dinklage were snubbed. The comic-book shows are not taken as seriously, Jack Ryan has a smaller scope and I assume that GLOW is not taken as seriously because it is a comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I have a friend who is a SAG voter who was cool enough to inform me of their ballot votes and let me post them here. These are the TV votes:

Best TV Movie/Mini Actor

Darren Criss “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”

Best TV Movie/Mini Actress

Patricia Arquette “Escape at Dannemora”

Best TV Drama Actor

Bob Odenkirk “Better Call Saul”

Best TV Drama Actress

Julia Garner “Ozark”

Best TV Comedy Actor

Bill Hader “Barry”

Best TV Comedy Actress

Alison Brie “GLOW”

Best TV Drama Ensemble

The Americans

Best TV Comedy Ensemble

GLOW

Best TV Stunt Ensemble

Marvel’s Daredevil

Well, what do you all think of these choices?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.