Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2020 TV Nominations (Predictions Event Now Active!)

SAG Awards 2020 TV Nominations (Predictions Event Now Active!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
sofan
  • sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think it’s possible we see four BLL actresses get in?

I used to feel that way but the show doesn’t feel as strong anymore. Would be glorious though, all of Dern, Kidman, Streep, and Witherspoon against Colman.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Okay, seriously now: BLL, aka the show that got 4 nods in two categories for season 1, the one that has maybe THE most star-studded cast on TV, is NOT getting snubbed in best ensemble. No way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Little lies is gonna get 2 acting nods at the most.

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

It could work against them though. There are plenty of comments online about wishing they kept the old cast with aged makeup so the new cast has an additional barrier of winning over those that are loyal to the original/ may be viewed as not living up to the standard set of the original cast. That said it is a cast of veterans and I’m keen for Charles Dance to finally win something lol

I actually recently found out that Dance has won at SAG before. He was in the winning cast of Gosford Park (never seen it).

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

That said it is a cast of veterans and I’m keen for Charles Dance to finally win something lol

Indeed! Let’s just put this out in the universe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

That said it is a cast of veterans and I’m keen for Charles Dance to finally win something lol

Fingers crossed that he is guest eligible at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Fingers crossed that he is guest eligible at the Emmys.

I’m torn between wanting him to be guest eligible where he’ll have an easier time getting nominated (or winning), and having him be eligible in supporting where he’ll have a harder time getting in, but he’d at least get more time to shine. Cause boy does that man shine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Those who diss The Good Place will be happy at this statement; I don’t see SAG honoring them as they’ve never opted to nominate it in the past. Won’t happen this time, either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I was the one who pointed out that BLL had 4 nominated actors, however, Limited series categories are not the same as Drama categories, all of us know that.

Again, if we look the stats, I am happy that those were useful for many of you, one of the two HBO shows is a goner, for me is GoT, but there is always the possibility to be BLL as well. More stats:

In the last 10 years HBO has been able to nominate only 4 dramas here:
    True Blood (just 1 random nomination for season 2 for its cast), Westworld (2 noms for its cast and for Newton for season 1, completely snubbed for season 2), so we can discount these two, and we only have 2 strong contenders, and calling GoT strong contender here is a huge overstatement (6 from 7 possible noms for cast, 5 noms for Dinklage, 0 wins), the fourth one is the only one they really liked – Boardwalk Empire (never missed a nom – 5 noms for its cast for all the 5 seasons, Steve Buscemi was the only individually nominated actor, but he also never missed, both him and the cast won 2 times, so it has 4 wins).

In the meantime, Netflix managed to sneak the same amount of dramas – 4 – but it was able to do it for half the time HBO did – only 5 years.

Those are: The Crown, Stranger Things (we already established that they have never missed and that both have amazing records with individual actors as well, 3 acting wins for The Crown, 1 cast win for Stranger Things), Ozark (it over-performed for its second season, but it was snubbed in cast for the first, Bateman and Linney were nominated both times though, Garner joined them for season 2, from those 6 noms it won 1 for Bateman) and House of Cards (2 noms for its cast, 4 individual noms for Spacey and 5 individual noms for Wright, from those 11 noms it won 2 for Spacey).

Conclusion:
    HBO – 4 dramas in 10 years, only 4 wins, all of them for Boardwalk Empire.

Netflix – 4 dramas in 5 years, 7 wins, all four dramas have won something.

The Crown and Stranger Things are not going anywhere, neither are Handmaid’s Tale and This is us. Big Little Lies can follow the steps of Westworld and True Blood, even if it had better record for its firs season, it was in a different category. But I think that they are going to snub GoT, it seems the most logical step. Succession is a possible spoiler, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we add Russell Tovey and Idris Elba into the Limited Series/TV Movie Actor category?

FYC GD Decade Awards : The Good Wife, The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m currently predicting Olivia Colman to win 3 SAGs. Drama Actress, Drama Ensemble and Comedy Ensemble. Which one is the least likely do people think?

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m currently predicting Olivia Colman to win 3 SAGs. Drama Actress, Drama Ensemble and Comedy Ensemble. Which one is the least likely do people think?

She’s 99% winning Drama Actress and Comedy Ensemble. I’m not sure about Drama Ensemble.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s 99% winning Drama Actress and Comedy Ensemble. I’m not sure about Drama Ensemble.

Yeah, Drama Ensemble might go again for This is us, the fourth season has been spectacular, and with those 10 new actors that all have worked amazingly well, it will be hard to beat. The cast is huge now.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama ensemble is going to Big Little Lies. Even if it flops at other awards, it’s still SAG bait.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup Drama is the most vulnerable and I can see Succession winning if it gets the nomination. The actors were the reported as the people most of their peers wanted to meet at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.