Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2020 TV Predictions

SAG Awards 2020 TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
musterd
  • Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep in mind that Colman, Hader and Williams have NEVER won any kind of SAG, while big names like Aniston, Moss, Collette, Watson, Bonham Carter, Harris, Arkin, Carell and Dinklage (for Three Billboards, not for GoT) have won as part of ensambles, but not individually. We will see a lot of first time individual winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Olivia Colman might get 3 SAG awards this year is giving me so much joy.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want her to finally celebrate with her Fleabag castmates. She deserves to be recognised as part of that stellar ensemble too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

It will be disappointing to see thespian Russell Crowe who was mind-blowing in The Loudest Voice lose to Jerome crying for 2 hours straight

Have you you really even watched his performance, it does not sound like you did. Jerome deserves this for his court interview in episode 2 alone. After him, I would give it to Sam Rockwell who was almost as good as Williams, but had the bad luck to compete with Jerome.

ReplyCopy URL
    jez89
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Harris win Limited Series Actor? He’s really being screwed over by not winning any televised awards for his Chernobyl performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Predicted Wins

Comedy Ensemble- Fleabag (Schitts Creek)
    Comedy Actor- Andrew Scott (Bill Hader)
    Comedy Actress- Phoebe Waller Bridge (Catherine O’Hara)
    Drama Ensemble- The Crown (Big Little Lies)
    Drama Actor- David Harbour (Steve Carell)
    Drama Actress- Olivia Colman (Jodie Comer)
    Limited Actor- Jharrel Jerome (Russell Crowe)
    Limited Actress- Michelle Williams (Patricia Arquette)

FYC Oscars- Little Women, Saoirse Ronan, Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson/Florence Pugh

FYC EMMYS- Schitts Creek, Dead to Me/ THE MORNING SHOW, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Killing Eve

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Can Harris win Limited Series Actor? He’s really being screwed over by not winning any televised awards for his Chernobyl performance.

It is possible, as When They See Us seems to be weaker with the guilds than the Emmys.  They could lose to Russell Crowe though.  Showtime came through with Patricia Arquette last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Judging by stats, Drama Ensemble is rarely won without acting nominations. You’d have to go back to 2005 when Lost won (pun intended). Big Little Lies is the only drama nominee this year without acting nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Judging by stats, Drama Ensemble is rarely won without acting nominations. You’d have to go back to 2005 when Lost won (pun intended). Big Little Lies is the only drama nominee this year without acting nominations.

Not predicting it for the exact reason you mentioned but still wouldn’t be surprised if BLL did win given that it’s pretty much the most A List cast to ever be nominated so could see a special circumstance applying

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Harris is 3rd. It’s Crowe vs Jerome, nobody else.

You mean, Jerome vs. Jerome. He’s easily winning.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Stranger Things will win Drama Ensemble again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think Stranger Things will win Drama Ensemble again.

That would be meh. I LOVE that cast, but those other 4 all haven’t won yet and all deserve to finally be recognized – IMO. Please let it be one of GOT/BLL/THT.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

It actually pains me how much I want Aniston to win this but know she won’t. I keep watching clips from The Morning Show and am yet to cease to be staggered by her performance.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.