Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2020 TV Predictions

SAG Awards 2020 TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
musterd
  • kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Jennifer Aniston beat olivia colman? Because i think Jennifer gave better performance

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Well Aniston is the bigger star, more well known and has SAG history so I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins. Plenty would be predicting her if she won the Globe but turns out they don’t always like shiny new shows.

Colman has to overcome vote splitting and she lost on her first nomination last year similarly to a bigger star who is more well known (Close). We dont know if SAG AFTRA likes her and she hasn’t campaigned (2 SAG screenings at most). Also she is not attending cause The Crown s4 has restarted shooting after the holiday break.

ReplyCopy URL
    Snow
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe it is a three way race between Colman, Aniston and Comer. One of them could take it and I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Colman lost last year in the movie side, so they could give it to her as a sign of correction. They showed they really loved The Crown 1 and 2 season, and her part, giving it to Claire Foy two times in a roll. And last year was amazing for her after the Oscar ceremony in terms of recognition.

Aniston has acclamation with her performance and never won an individual SAG, only one with the cast of Friends . And they nominated her for Cake a couple of years back, which shows that they like her a lot.

Comer just won the Emmy and the second season of Killing Eve gave all the spotlight for her to shine even more. I could also see the support that Sandra Oh received last year going in Comer’s favor.

Octavia Spencer rules

ReplyCopy URL
    Team Yali
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m more bummed that nobody in The Crown season 3 cast is coming to the SAG Awards, so far as to the revealed SAG seating arrangement is concerned. Last time most of the season 1 cast came to the awards show and at least Matt Smith represented the show ensemble back in season 2. Ugh. I know they’re just about to film the Diana-Charles wedding but at least Netflix should send one of the cast for a first-class/private jet travel to LA! Frustrating sometimes to be a fan and stan.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Emmys 2020
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Ben Daniels, The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

DRAMA ENSEMBLE
    Will Win: Big Little Lies
    Could Win: The Crown
    Should Win: Big Little Lies

DRAMA ACTRESS
    Will Win: Olivia Colman
    Could Win: Jennifer Aniston
    Should Win: Jodie Comer

DRAMA ACTOR
    Will Win: David Harbour
    Could Win: Sterling K. Brown
    Should Win: David Harbour

COMEDY ENSEMBLE
    Will Win: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Could Win: Fleabag
    Should Win: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

COMEDY ACTRESS
    Will Win: Phoebe Waller-Bridge
    Could Win: Catherine O’Hara
    Should Win: Catherine O’Hara

COMEDY ACTOR
    Will Win: Tony Shalhoub
    Could Win: Bill Hader
    Should Win: Bill Hader

LIMITED ACTOR
    Will Win: Jharrel Jerome
    Could Win: Russell Crowe
    Should Win: Jharrel Jerome

LIMITED ACTRESS
    Will Win: Michelle Williams
    Could Win: Toni Collette
    Should Win: Michelle Williams

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t care for mixing of lead and supporting performers in the same category. The Fleabag Mass Osmosis tour continues unabated tomorrow night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Colman attending

FYC Oscars- Little Women, Saoirse Ronan, Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson/Florence Pugh

FYC EMMYS- Schitts Creek, Dead to Me/ THE MORNING SHOW, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Killing Eve

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Colman attending

Nope. Same as last year; think she only attended the Globes because it came at the tail end of the holiday break for Crown production.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Nope. Same as last year; think she only attended the Globes because it came at the tail end of the holiday break for Crown production.

Surely they would take a break and let the cast go since it’s nominated for ensemble plus 2 individual acting awards.

FYC Oscars- Little Women, Saoirse Ronan, Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson/Florence Pugh

FYC EMMYS- Schitts Creek, Dead to Me/ THE MORNING SHOW, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Killing Eve

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Surely they would take a break and let the cast go since it’s nominated for ensemble plus 2 individual acting awards.

Yeah it’s going to be a bit awkward if they do win ensemble and actress and nobody is there. I guess Charles Dance may be there with GOT cast? And O’Connor and Doherty may attend. Colman has Sundance the following week so I guess she has to sacrifice something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah it’s going to be a bit awkward if they do win ensemble and actress and nobody is there. I guess Charles Dance may be there with GOT cast? And O’Connor and Doherty may attend. Colman has Sundance the following week so I guess she has to sacrifice something.

Dance hasn’t been part of thr GOT cast since S4, lol

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Dance hasn’t been part of thr GOT cast since S4, lol

Lol I have no idea why that didn’t click for me. But he did attend the LA AFI premiere for The Crown so I’m assuming he has a base here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Team Yali
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now, it’s HBC, Josh, and Erin who are confirmed to attend. Also including actor Sam Phillips who played the Equerry. I would love Charles Dance to attend, especially that his other project is also up in contention for Best Ensemble even if he’s not part of GOT’s final season. I hope the other actors (especially Ben Daniels, they’ve been putting him at FYC ads with the core Firm, and he has yet to do press tours as he just wrapped on filming Jupiter’s Legacy, also for Netflix last December, and also his dad passed away while shooting season 3 of The Crown) to attend at the LAST MINUTE!!

Last time back in season 1 most of the cast attended – Pip Torrens, who played Tommy Lascelles, is unrecognizable as bald!

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Emmys 2020
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Ben Daniels, The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m currently predicting three wins for Colman and it doesn’t feel right.

ReplyCopy URL
    nat1612
    Participant
    Topics:

Who’s confirmed to attend from the GOT cast? I’ve heard only Sophie is attending and presenting?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.