Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Nominee Reactions

SAG Awards 2021 TV Nominee Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 236 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

Unfortunately, the SAG Awards will only be a one-hour show this year and will be pre-taped with all winners in advance. BOO!!!!

That is disappointing.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The only bad thing is the pre taped
    If it was live an 1 hour show would be my dream.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

They saw how the Globes went and said that will NOT be us.

Crazy how the Emmys went virtually without a hitch and months and months later shows are still having trouble replicating that.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I’m torn between Anya Taylor-Joy and Michaela Coel. If they had a series category I would not hesitate predicting The Queen’s Gambit but given this is an individual achievement category I don’t think the same applies. There’s really an undeniable urgency within the industry to recognize I May Destroy You that Coel might win which would be quite deserving as well.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Ensemble: The Crown
    Actor: Josh O’Connor
    Actress: Emma Corrin

Ensemble: Schitt’s Creek
    Actor: Jason Sudeikis
    Actress: Catherine O’Hara

Actor: Mark Ruffalo
    Actress: Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The only thing that is keeping me from not bothering to tune in is that I really want to see Queen O’Hara deliver another excellent speech lmao.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

I had no idea I placed first in predictions!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Drama Actor is the one I’m struggling with. Rege-Jean Page fits the mould of a winner here (buzzy lead from a popular first season show nominated in ensemble) and I had been predicting him to win but now that O’Connor has won both the awards he’s been nominated for (which I predicted) I wonder if he can win here too,

Otherwise I’m comfortable with these being my final predictions for all the other categories:

Comedy Ensemble

Will Win: Schitt’s Creek
    Could Win: Ted Lasso
    Should Win: The Great

Comedy Actor

Will Win: Jason Sudeikis
    Could Win: Dan Levy
    Should Win: Nicholas Hoult

Comedy Actress

Will Win: Catherine O’Hara
    Could Win: Kaley Cuoco
    Should Win: Catherine O’Hara

Drama Ensemble

Will Win: The Crown
    Could Win: Bridgerton
    Should Win: The Crown

Drama Actress

Will Win: Emma Corrin
    Could Win: Laura Linney
    Should Win: Laura Linney

Limited/Movie Actor

Will Win: Mark Ruffalo
    Could Win: Daveed Diggs
    Should Win: –

Limited/Movie Actress

Will Win: Michaela Coel
    Could Win: Anya Taylor-Joy
    Should Win: Michaela Coel

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Should Win: Laura Linney

This.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

BridgertonThe CrownDead to MeOzark, <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>and Ted Lasso are the only shows that have sent DVD screeners. 

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I was unwaveringly predicting O’Connor to be nominated at both the Globes and SAG (later also for a win at the GG) despite there not being a broad support, so I’m sticking with him at SAG, even though I’m very tempted to predict Page.

I also got Coel right and I’ve had her for the win since the nominations came out and I’ll probably stick with her. The Queen’s Gambit is still towering, especially here at SAG where Camp got in as well. I’m playing with fire.

Considering these two as my biggest risky bets, the one I’m really curious about is surprisingly Comedy Actress. O’Hara makes sense but can she overcome vote-splitting when Murphy is gaining more and more traction?

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

So looking at goldderby’s past history, they seem to have always gotten at least 4/9 categories wrong. I’m deviating only in lead actress drama from the prediction center and we all seem to be getting too consensus-y around here in the forums for the most part. Wondering what categories could give us that surprise win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have thought about the previous inaccuracy Gold Derby has had at SAG but I feel like what we’re seeing on the television side this year is what we usually see on the film side every year. Look at how the Globes didn’t throw any Russell Crowe or Patricia Arquette type surprises this year and The Crown went four for four whilst Andra Day, Rosamund Pike and Jodie Foster all pulled off upsets. Look at how CC went with the Globe winners on the TV side whilst they deviated on film side to award critical faves like Bakalova and Mulligan. I think the pandemic has caused the dissection of films and the communal viewing habits we have for film to be used for television this year.

So I’m currently going safe and deviating from the Gold Derby odds by predicting Emma Corrin. But if I do end up being wrong and there are upsets I’d say the most likely categories for that to happen are drama actor, the two movie/limited categories and comedy actress.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

So looking at goldderby’s past history, they seem to have always gotten at least 4/9 categories wrong. I’m deviating only in lead actress drama from the prediction center and we all seem to be getting too consensus-y around here in the forums for the most part. Wondering what categories could give us that surprise win.

Not really convinced O’Connor is safe. The surprise could be there

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 TV Nominee Reactions’ is closed to new replies.