Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 225 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Stuck on whether Witherspoon or Washington gets in, because I can see SAG and/or the Globes doing the opposite of the Emmys and only nominating Witherspoon.

Not happening and I was one of the few that predicted that Washington will be the sole nominee for Little Fires Everywhere. Although, seeing how stacked that category already is, they might dropped both and nominated Octavia Spencer like the Emmys…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’m honestly surprised that GG has eligibility requirements other than deadlines.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

HBO tells me the Billie Piper show “I Hate Suzie” is not eligible for Globes but is for SAG. They entered as a drama there and not comedy.

Huh?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Huh?

Poor Wolfali. You’ve been winning a lot recently, this loss was coming.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Poor Wolfali. You’ve been winning a lot recently, this loss was coming.

Yes 🙁

I actually don’t know what to do with my Globe predictions now lol. At least Billie still has BAFTA…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sleep well dear Piper. At least there’s still a potential season 2 renaissance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Is I Hate Suzie competing at drama here a strategic play or just an administrative error like Kathy Bates in lead for Richard Jewel?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m honestly surprised that GG has eligibility requirements other than deadlines.

I don’t understand how I Hate Suzie isn’t eligible for the Globes. I mean I Hate Suzie is produced by an NBCUniversal subsidiary.

Hopefully the Emmys do the right thing and move it into Comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Suzie ain’t going anywhere at SAG, let’s hope for the Critics Choice to throw some love and a later revival campaign for the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Suzie ain’t going anywhere at SAG, let’s hope for the Critics Choice to throw some love and a later revival campaign for the Emmys.

Yeah it literally had no chance at SAG in the first place lol. Regardless of where it would have been placed.

Piper is still in the top 10 in Drama Actress imo considering how barren that top 10 is but I don’t see her sneaking in. Prebble on the other hand…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This might seem like an out there prediction but could Colman get snubbed for Bonham Carter?

Just last year we saw how SAG nominated Kidman (and Dern) on the supporting side but snubbed them on the TV side. I can see a similar thing happen to Colman where they check her off for <i>The Father</i> and snub her here (she’s getting in and potentially winning for both though at the Globes).

The reason I say this is because The Crown has had a massive surge in viewership (which along with the critics support its received look like they’re the two things the show was lacking in its race for the Drama Series Emmy). It’s currently Netflix’s 16th most popular show in the world this year (season 3 was like its 38th last year). And if you go online and type in the show the only things you see are off Anderson, Corrin, O’Connor and Bonham Carter’s Imelda Marcos thing and Margaret’s dance with Dazzle Jennings. I was thinking Corrin would be vulnerable but a clip of her from episode 3 has gone viral and is being used as a meme by high profile brands lol.

I know of course that it might seem ridiculous to think Corrin is ahead of Academy Award winner Olivia Colman at SAG (I think Anderson is the likeliest of The Crown ladies to win SAG) but SAG have already shown that names don’t really matter to them (see how they nominated Julia Garner before she won the Emmy). If they love a programme and a performance from the programme has buzz they nominate performers regardless of their name and Corrin has buzz.

Also whilst I’m not predicting them it won’t surprise me in the slightest if Tom Pelphrey and Tobias Menzies got in over Matthew Rhys and Bob Odenkirk and we’re left with a lineup of Bateman-Brown-Pelphrey-O’Connor-Menzies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Just found out the upcoming Euphoria special will be eligible for SAG (as a TV movie; Zendaya as actress) but not at Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just found out the upcoming Euphoria special will be eligible for SAG (as a TV movie; Zendaya as actress) but not at Globes.

Poor Kerry Washington.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Limited actress facing a change every other day here at sag lmao

And Comedy Actress lol.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.