Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 300 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Luca
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

3 individual nominations is extremely rare and only happened recently for Big Little Lies. Considering they also favor veterans over newcomers, it’s not far fetched to imagine Corrin missing.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I think Corrin can easily miss. Colman and Anderson are much more likely, at SAG anyway.

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN in all categories (inc. CAREY MULLIGAN & Emerald Fennell in Screenplay)

THE FATHER in all categories (inc. Best Picture, ANTHONY HOPKINS, Olivia Colman & Adapted Screenplay)

Lo Si (Diane Warren) for Original Song

Chloe Zhao for Director

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Darlings I’m starting to think Emma Corrin is going to get snubbed here.. they might nominate Helena or Sarah over her.

I have never had Emma in. SAG is always behind the curve — I don’t trust them. Plus, vote-splitting might be a factor. I think Colman and Anderson will make the cut, alongside Garner and Linney. The fifth spot will prob go to Comer.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think if anyone spoils the lineup it’s Comer and not Paulson.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I think i’m gonna stick with the lineup of

GILLIAN ANDERSON
    OLIVIA COLMAN
    JODIE COMER
    JULIA GARNER
    LAURA LINNEY

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN in all categories (inc. CAREY MULLIGAN & Emerald Fennell in Screenplay)

THE FATHER in all categories (inc. Best Picture, ANTHONY HOPKINS, Olivia Colman & Adapted Screenplay)

Lo Si (Diane Warren) for Original Song

Chloe Zhao for Director

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Has Jodie Comer even campaigned? Because Sarah Paulson/Netflix definitely have.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I don’t think Jodie ever campaigns. She can easily get in without doing so. I liked Ratched more than most people did, but I just don’t know whether this is going to be a major awards player for Paulson. She’s great it in, but a SAG nom seems so unlikely to me.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I have never had Emma in. SAG is always behind the curve — I don’t trust them.

Are they? They found Millie Bobby Brown immediately, while she was snubbed by the Golden Globes, Critics’ Choice and Satellite Awards. They awarded Claire Foy immediately, while she was snubbed by Critics’ Choice and the Satellite Awards. I think that that when it comes to young actresses on The Crown on Netflix, we have every reason to believe that they will be ahead of the curve.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They also nominated then unknown Julia Garner before the Television Academy did.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Are they? They found Millie Bobby Brown immediately, while she was snubbed by the Golden Globes, Critics’ Choice and Satellite Awards. They awarded Claire Foy immediately, while she was snubbed by Critics’ Choice and the Satellite Awards. I think that that when it comes to young actresses on The Crown on Netflix, we have every reason to believe that they will be ahead of the curve.

I certainly hope you’re right.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think there are going to be 5 netflix actresses and from 2 shows
    SAG is like that

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I lowkey want The Crown to get 4 noms and Laura Linney to be the fifth nominee, just so Laura can finally win sth.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think with the assumed three Crown two Ozark scenario, Linney wins. SAG really likes Ozark, and after this last season (assuming they’ve watched all of it), I think Linney will collect more votes than Garner. The Crown ladies seem poised for a big vote split because while Colman was definitely not as good as Anderson or Corrin, people seem split on their favorite in the latter two. There’s not an obvious winner there.

If Corrin misses out for someone else (probably Comer), I think it’s then a tossup between Anderson and Linney. Even though that last contender could benefit from being the only one not competing against someone from their own show, they’ll probably just be lucky to be nominated.

And then if Garner misses then I think it’s DEFINITELY Linney.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My current predicted frontrunners in each category.

Drama Ensemble

Drama Actress

Drama Actor

Comedy Ensemble

Comedy Actor

Comedy Actress

Limited/Movie Actor

Limited/Movie Actress

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Comedy Ensemble Comedy Actor Comedy Actress

Yes, except these. Schitt’s Creek won’t go home unnoticed. I think Dan Levy can snatch the Comedy Actor while the rest of the casts is awarded with ensemble. Or at least ensemble award.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.