Home Forums TV SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 300 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Luca
  • Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

In a category of Anderson, Colman, Corrin, Garner and Linney, who would you take out for Paulson?

I’m going Garner. I feel confident in Linney, Anderson, and Colman getting nominated. Corrin is vulnerable but she got most of the attention/praise for this season. So I think Paulson gets in over Garner by a hair.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I’m going Garner. I feel confident in Linney, Anderson, and Colman getting nominated. Corrin is vulnerable but she got most of the attention/praise for this season. So I think Paulson gets in over Garner by a hair.

That’s what I’m thinking, but I’ve bet against Garner too many times.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If you ask me Linney is the only one I feel certain is getting nominated tomorrow. After that I’d say Anderson but who knows she could be snubbed too (although I feel weirdly confident considering how much SAG loves nominating veteran character actresses and the bait of her role).

Someone said we have a strong top 8 but how about I say 9 because I am confident Cynthia Nixon is also somewhere in the top 10.

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I took out Anderson for Paulson. When we all flop and Sarah misses 💀

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Took Bridgerton out of Ensemble for This is Us, which is totally a SAG show, shame for the odds tho.

But i don’t know what to do with actress
    Jodie Comer and Sarah Paulson might happen but who to take it out? Today just proved that The Crown and Ozark are well loved as well.

Hell, even HBC might get in again.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Glenda Jackson at 100/1 odds, snapped

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Noomi Rapace Lamb (Actress)
    Kristen Stewart, Sally Hawkins, Timothy Spall Spencer (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Penelope Cruz, Israel Elejalde, Milena Smit, Julieta Serrano, Rossy de Palma Madres Paralelas (Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren The Duke (Actor/Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Not sure about Waddingham.

On one hand, she missed the Globe and there’s quite a few contenders for the category.

But, if voters love Ted Lasso, I don’t see them leaving her off. Riley has her at #3.

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Who do you think are getting comedy ensemble?
    I don’t buy The Good Place getting in, it’s been a year since it ended.

I’m just sure about Schitt’s, Ted Lasso and to an extent, WWDITS.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m either getting a lot of points or tanking with my comedy ensemble predictions 💀 I have SC, Ted Lasso, Blackish, Curb and The Flight Attendant.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Who do you think are getting comedy ensemble? I don’t buy The Good Place getting in, it’s been a year since it ended. I’m just sure about Schitt’s, Ted Lasso and to an extent, WWDITS.

I have The Good Place in but it doesn’t feel right. Only confidence I have in it is that is was able to get 4 acting nominations at the Emmys this year.

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have The Good Place in but it doesn’t feel right. Only confidence I have in it is that is was able to get 4 acting nominations at the Emmys this year.

My predictions are a mess
    I have Dead to Me, What We Do In The Shadows, Ted Lasso, Schitt’s Creek and The Great but I’m so confused

I’ll probably get 2/5 and i just HAD to put the super bet there

I feel like Shadows is a very Ensemble-y show but it’s still such an Emmy thing and only an Emmy thing (along with the Writers Guild), Dead to Me I’m just following goldderby because this show is dead as fuck, and the great maybe, it has to very liked stars and the other players are excellent, so idk.
    Maybe I’ll replace Dead to Me for The Flight Attendant or Insecure

I do feel like Insecure or blackish are getting, SAG does fuck with PoC and those two could very well fit the bill

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m either getting a lot of points or tanking with my comedy ensemble predictions 💀 I have SC, Ted Lasso, Blackish, Curb and The Flight Attendant.

Omg, that lineup makes so much sense!!

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

In light of the WGA nominations, I have added The Boys to ensemble, as it now has a major industry nomination over both Lovecraft Country and Perry Mason.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ah well the predictions centre closed before I could make any rethinks but these are my final predictions. I know a lot of them are wrong but c’est la vie.

Drama Ensemble

– Bridgerton (Netflix): Adjoa Andoh, Lorraine Ashbourne, Jonathan Bailey, Ruby Barker, Sabrina Bartlett, Joanna Bobin, Harriet Cains, Bessie Carter, Nicola Coughlan, Phoebe Dynevor, Ruth Gemmell, Florence Hunt, Claudia Jessie, Ben Miller, Martins Imhangbe, Luke Newton, Regé-Jean Page, Golda Rosheuvel, Ruby Stokes, Luke Thompson, Will Tilston, Polly Walker

– The Crown (Netflix): Gillian Anderson, Marion Bailey, Helena Bonham Carter, Stephen Boxer, Tom Byrne, Olivia Colman, Emma Corrin, Erin Doherty, Charles Edwards, Emerald Fennell, Freddie Fox, Rebecca Humphries, Angus Imrie, Tobias Menzies, Josh O’Connor, Sam Phillips

– Ozark (Netflix): Jason Bateman, Lisa Emery, Jessica Frances Duks, Skyler Gaertner, Julia Garner, Sophia Hublitz, Laura Linney, Janet McTeer, Tom Pelphrey, Felix Solis, Charlie Tahan

– Perry Mason (HBO): Chris Chalk, John Lithgow, Tatiana Maslany, Matthew Rhys, Juliet Rylance, Shea Whigham

– Ratched (Netflix): Jon Jon Briones, Charlie Carver, Judy Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Sophie Okonedo, Sarah Paulson, Sharon Stone, Finn Wittrock

Comedy Ensemble

– Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): Ted Danson, Larry David, Susie Essman, Jeff Garlin, Cheryl Hines, J. B. Smoove

– The Flight Attendant (HBO Max): Kaley Cuoco, Merle Dandridge, Nolan Gerard Funk, Michelle Gomez, Michiel Huisman, T. R. Knight, Zosia Mamet, Griffin Matthews, Rosie Perez, Colin Woodell

– Insecure (HBO): Jean Elie, Jay Ellis, Alexander Hodge, Yvonne Orji, Issa Rae, Natasha Rothwell, Kendrick Sampson, Amanda Seales

– Schitt’s Creek (PopTV): Chris Elliott, Emily Hampshire, Daniel Levy, Eugene Levy, Sarah Levy, Dustin Milligan, Annie Murphy, Catherine O’Hara, Noah Reid, Jennifer Robertson, Karen Robinson

– Ted Lasso (AppleTV+): Phil Dunster, Brett Goldstein, Brendan Hunt, Nick Mohammed, Jason Sudeikis, Jeremy Swift, Juno Temple, Hannah Waddingham

Drama Actress

– Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher, The Crown
    – Emma Corrin as Diana Spencer, The Crown
    – Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore, Ozark
    – Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde, Ozark
    – Sarah Paulson as Mildred Ratched, Ratched

Drama Actor

– Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde, Ozark
    – Sterling K. Brown as Randall Pearson, This is Us
    – John Lithgow as E.B. Jonathan, Perry Mason
    – Josh O’Connor as Prince Charles, The Crown
    – Matthew Rhys as Perry Mason, Perry Mason

Comedy Actress

– Christina Applegate as Jen Harding, Dead to Me
    – Kaley Cuoco as Cassie Bowden, The Flight Attendant
    – Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose, Schitt’s Creek
    – Catherine O’Hara as Moira Rose, Schitt’s Creek
    – Hannah Waddingham as Rebecca Welton, Ted Lasso

Comedy Actor

– Mahershala Ali as Sheikh Ali Malik, Ramy
    – Dan Levy as David Rose, Schitt’s Creek
    – Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose, Schitt’s Creek
    – Jason Sudeikis as Ted Lasso, Ted Lasso
    – Ramy Youssef as Ramy Hassan, Ramy

Limited/Movie Actress

– Uzo Aduba as Shirley Chisholm, Mrs. America
    – Cate Blanchett as Phyllis Schlafly, Mrs. America
    – Nicole Kidman as Grace Fraser, The Undoing
    – Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff, Wandavision
    – Anya Taylor-Joy as Beth Harmon, The Queen’s Gambit

Limited/Movie Actor

– Bryan Cranston as Michael Desiato, Your Honor
    – Hugh Grant as Jonathan Fraser, The Undoing
    – Ethan Hawke as John Brown, The Good Lord Bird
    – Jim Parsons as Henry Willson, Hollywood
    – Mark Ruffalo as Dominick Birdsey and Thomas Birdsey, I Know This Much is True

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

In light of the WGA nominations, I have added The Boys to ensemble, as it now has a major industry nomination over both Lovecraft Country and Perry Mason.

I was about to slot them in right now but yeah
    The center has closed

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.