Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 300 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Luca
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Holly Hunter for Top of the Lake is a better comparison.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Nobody has really come up with a good explanation as to why Tom Pelphrey missed at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Nobody has really come up with a good explanation as to why Tom Pelphrey missed at the Emmys.

Laziness from voters. Also, he was only in season 3 and it seems some voters refused to check him because he was basically a glorified guest.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Voters are a season behind on Ozark. See: Laura Linney and Julia Garner not being nominated until Season 2, Julia Garner’s Season 3 Emmy win, Tom Pelphrey and Janet McTeer’s Emmy snubs.
    SPOILER: If Pelphrey and McTeer’s characters were able to be in Season 4, I’m sure they would be nominated next season (given the next season airs this eligibility period).

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Voters are a season behind on Ozark. See: Laura Linney and Julia Garner not being nominated until Season 2, Julia Garner’s Season 3 Emmy win, Tom Pelphrey and Janet McTeer’s Emmy snubs. SPOILER: If Pelphrey and McTeer’s characters were able to be in Season 4, I’m sure they would be nominated next season (given the next season airs this eligibility period).

Not to be mean but the first part of your post doesn’t make any sense. Neither Laura nor Julia were ever going to get nominated for Season 1. Their competition was extremely strong and neither had the material they had the next two seasons, especially Julia. But I do agree, that if both Pelphrey and McTeer were in season 4, they would (probably) be nominated.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Maybe the voters are behind? For a Netflix show, Ozark exploded at SAG after season 2, Garner was recognized by the Emmys after season 2. The quality between season 1 and 2 was very similar, as was the critical reception so it’s not like the show suddenly became good to warrant a Series nomination at the Emmys and 4 SAG noms (including a win).

I think Ozark definitely benefited from Lockdown/ COVID. People were watching but many had to start from season 1. By the time nominations came out, they may not have seen season 3 yet.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Voters are a season behind on Ozark. See: Laura Linney and Julia Garner not being nominated until Season 2, Julia Garner’s Season 3 Emmy win, Tom Pelphrey and Janet McTeer’s Emmy snubs. SPOILER: If Pelphrey and McTeer’s characters were able to be in Season 4, I’m sure they would be nominated next season (given the next season airs this eligibility period).

Not me taking longer to write exactly what you’ve said… mess. But yes, definitely agree with this.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

SAG and the Emmys have been going their separate ways a lot these days, both in terms of nominations and even wins. So I feel confident with my Pelphrey prediction here.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Sorry but that doesn’t make any sense. Even if voters were late on s1, by the time they had watched it, they didn’t decide to wait for s3 to air to watch s2. Neither Laura and Julia got nominated for s1 because their category was too stacked and, yes, they did not deserve considering the competition (Laura was even SAG nominated for S1…). And Janet McTeer was literally present in s2 already and had big scenes (torture scene with Julia). So no.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Janet McTeer was rightfully snubbed everywhere because she wasn’t that interesting

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Josh O’Connor and Emma Corrin have been added to the predictions center.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Tom Pelphrey was rightfully snubbed everywhere because he was overacting and depicted bipolar disorder two-dimensionally.

Anyone can put their own spin on anything. Neither of those statements accurately explain Ozark’s awards trajectory in a productive or helpful way though.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Tom Pelphrey was rightfully snubbed everywhere because he was overacting and depicted bipolar disorder two-dimensionally.

Coming from someone who’s extremely familiar with bipolar disorder and has mental health issues, I completely disagree with this. His performance was phenomenal and he captured the “torture” and struggle people have with this disorder perfectly. He made me cry several times and made me revive several situations that I hoped to forget.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Maybe it’s because I haven’t seen it in a while, but I don’t think Laura Linney or Julia Garner had such a dramatic shift in material from Season 1 to Season 2

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Coming from someone who’s extremely familiar with bipolar disorder and has mental health issues, I completely disagree with this. His performance was phenomenal and he captured the “torture” and struggle people have with this disorder perfectly. He made me cry several times and made me revive several situations that I hoped to forget.

You missed the point. I don’t actually believe that. I was just demonstrating that the statement about McTeer isn’t a legitimate explanation.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.