Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 170 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
40 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
gabspss
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just like Arquette, Hawke has a phenomenal, transformative performance in a well acclaimed miniseries. Hawke also has one thing Arquette didn’t have: this is also his career best performance. That being said, his hurdle is the nomination, but if he gets he is winning (he certanly has a better shot than Hugh Grant)

Yeah I am not denying that if Hawke gets the nomination he’s winning.

But the question is whether he does. I mean the viewership isn’t great on the show.

Why do you think Hawke is likelier for the nomination? I think Grant is likelier for the nomination (in fact I’d say he’s a lock for the nom purely because of how big a name he is and how high profile and big his show is) and is second in line for the win if Your Honour flops. After all this is meant to be Grant’s career best performance as well according to critics.

If Hawke gets in at SAG then we’ll just see a repeat of Arquette vs Adams with Hawke vs Grant lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I think Grant is safer for a nom than Hawke. I will change my predictions.

One thing I have to say, tho: you shouldn’t much consider viewership while predicting (or better, not predicting) for SAG miniseries/movie categories. They literally nominate anything.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

They literally nominate anything.

Never forget how awful Limited 2015 was
    (minus Latifah)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I’ve noticed a common trend for portrayals of “metamorphosis” that have ended up winning other awards (i.e. Emmy, Globe) have lost to battier transformational performances. First Riz Ahmed to Bryan Cranston (for playing Lyndon B.Johnson). Then Jharrel Jerome to Sam Rockwell (for playing Bob Fosse).

Anya Taylor-Joy SAG loss to Cate Blanchett confirmed?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love Fargo and Buckley deserves to sweep for carrying this season but why is Chris Rock ahead of 3 time nominee Jim Parsons for a Netflix show and why is Buckley ahead of Anya Taylor-Joy and Emmy nominee Octavia Spencer for Netflix shows in the predictions centre? If they didn’t nominate any actor from Fargo season 2 or 3 at SAG they aren’t going to start nominating the show for its least buzzy and weakest season in those two categories’ most competitive year to date.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

I love Fargo and Buckley deserves to sweep for carrying this season but why is Chris Rock ahead of 3 time nominee Jim Parsons for a Netflix show and why is Buckley ahead of Anya Taylor-Joy and Emmy nominee Octavia Spencer for Netflix shows in the predictions centre? If they didn’t nominate any actor from Fargo season 2 or 3 at SAG they aren’t going to start nominating the show for its least buzzy and weakest season in those two categories’ most competitive year to date.

I’m surprised as well. Fargo has never been a SAG show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Updated Winner Predictions

Drama EnsembleThe Crown (RU: Ozark)
    Drama Actress: Gillian Anderson, The Crown (RU: Laura Linney, Ozark)
    Drama Actor: Josh O’Connor, The Crown (RU: Jason Bateman, Ozark)
    Comedy EnsembleSchitt’s Creek (RU: Ted Lasso)
    Comedy Actress: Catherine O’Hara (RU: Issa Rae)
    Comedy Actor: Jason Sudeikis
    Limited/Movie Actor: Ethan Hawke (RU: Hugh Grant)
    Limited/Movie Actress: Nicole Kidman (RU: Cate Blanchett)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s very weird because I feel like with Anderson and Corrin it will tell us more or less how it would have been had Linney and Garner competed in the same category at the Emmys. I understand if people think this comparison is a bit flawed but what I mean is that Anderson gives the same effect in terms of performance to me as a viewer as Linney did in the earlier episodes of Ozark season 3 when Wendy was having her counselling sessions with Marty whilst Corrin gives the shocking newcomer effect in the sense that you’re shocked as to how it’s scientifically possible for someone to be that talented.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Updated Predictions

Drama Ensemble:
    1. The Crown (Lock for Win)
    2. Ozark
    3. Killing Eve
    4. This is Us
    5. Better Call Saul

Drama Actress:
    1. Olivia Colman, The Crown
    2. Gillian Anderson, The Crown
    3. Laura Linney, Ozark
    4. Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
    4. Emma Corrin, The Crown

Drama Actor:
    1. Josh O’Connor, The Crown
    2. Jasón Bateman, Ozark
    3. Sterling K Brown, This is Us
    4. Matthew Rhys, Perry Mason
    5. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul

Comedy Ensemble:
    1. Schitts Creek
    2. Dead to Me
    3. Ted Lasso
    4. Sex Education
    5. Ramy

Comedy Actress:
    1. Catherine O’Hara, Schitts Creek
    2. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    3. Annie Murphy, Schitts Creek
    4. Linda Cardellini, Dead to Me
    5. Gillian Anderson, Sex Education

Comedy Actor:
    1. Jasón Sudekis, Ted Lasso
    2. Eugene Levy, Schitts Creek
    3. Dan Levy, Schitts Creek
    4. Ramy Youssef, Ramy
    5. Mahershala Ali, Ramy

Limited Actress:
    1. Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    2. Cate Blanchett, Mrs America
    3. Anya Taylor Joy, The Queen Gambit
    4. Shira Haas, Unorthodox
    5. Uzo Aduba or Rose Byrne, Mrs America

Limited Actor:
    1. Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True
    2. Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    3. Paul Mescal, Normal People
    4. Bryan Cranston, Your Honour
    5. Chris Evans, Defending Jacob

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Gillian Anderson wins anywhere it’s here.

Unless Corrin does a Claire Foy esque sweep.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Crown is not occupying 4 slots — that’s going too far. SAG loves Ozark and both Garner and Linney will be in. Then add the Killing Eve gals and perhaps Paulson. Someone from The Crown is going to be left out.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

The Crown is not occupying 4 slots — that’s going too far. SAG loves Ozark and both Garner and Linney will be in. Then add the Killing Eve gals and perhaps Paulson. Someone from The Crown is going to be left out.

I know they likely won’t get 4, i’m just not sure who will miss so i’m keeping them all in for know. I think Comer and Garner have great chances of getting in as well

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think we are getting 6 nominees. It happened already in 2014 so there is a precedence. 3 The Crown, 2 Ozark and either Paulson or Comer/Oh. As I said before there will still be a large portion of voters that won’t simply vote for 3 TC and 2 Ozark because they have other favs elsewhere, making someone else happening. Most of you are predicting Killing Eve in ensemble so you can’t believe Comer and Oh are that far behind.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think we are getting 6 nominees. It happened already in 2014 so there is a precedence. 3 The Crown, 2 Ozark and either Paulson or Comer/Oh. As I said before there will still be a large portion of voters that won’t simply vote for 3 TC and 2 Ozark because they have other favs elsewhere, making someone else happening. Most of you are predicting Killing Eve in ensemble so you can’t believe Comer and Oh are that far behind.

I do think this is possible.

I understand the Westworld comparisons with Killing Eve in terms of SAG performance but I just simply am having trouble seeing Jodie Comer miss here. I think at worst she’s 7th. She’s like the Margot Robbie of television in the sense that she’s amassed a lot of respect in the industry, has a lot of films coming up next year (one of which she’s being tipped to be Oscar nominated for) and Killing Eve is just an incredibly popular programme (at least internationally).

I lowkey wonder whether Colman misses yet. I thought she was great in episodes 3 and 4 but I can see a situation where voters feel like they’re already awarding her for The Father so they decide to focus voting for Corrin and Anderson. At the moment I think Anderson is the safest out of The Crown ladies as she has the type of performance SAG voters gravitate towards, is a household name and when she’s in a show that does well at SAG she gets nominated (see SAG nominating her long after the Emmys dropped her for The X-Files and also awarding her twice).

It is worth mentioning though that unlike the Globes the eligibility for SAG is also extended on the TV side to the end of February. Don’t be surprised if one of the networks schedules one of their Winter/Spring contending dramas for then.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I think it will probably be Colman, Anderson, Linney, Garner, and Comer/Paulson. Not really buying Corrin getting in over so many lead performances.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.