Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 241 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
19 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it will probably be Colman, Anderson, Linney, Garner, and Comer/Paulson. Not really buying Corrin getting in over so many lead performances.

She is kind of borderline co-lead though this season.

Then again Shailene Woodley missed for <i>Big Little Lies </i>didn’t she?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Anyone else predicting Gillian to get double nods (along with Colman whose locked for both nods).

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN- Picture, Director, Actress, Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyone else predicting Gillian to get double nods (along with Colman whose locked for both nods).

I’m not predicting her to get in for Sex Ed but I wouldn’t be surprised if the show itself got into ensemble. It is after all a Netflix show.

But if Anderson does get in for Sex Ed there’s a real possibility she wins the Emmy for that imo instead of The Crown. In fact whomever gets the 5th slot at SAG regardless of who it is (I’m predicting Rae at the moment) has a good chance of winning Actress like Tony Shalhoub won Actor in 2019. With Anderson in particular I think if she gets in and wins (neither of which I’m predicting) for Sex Ed I can see her winning the Emmy for Sex Ed as a kind of unofficial award for both Sex Ed and The Crown and as a welcome back to the club kind of thing because if she gets in at the Emmys for it (which is a strong possibility when you look at how Ann Dowd got in for <i>The Leftovers </i>and Jason Bateman got in for The Outsider) then I think she can benefit from a potential four way SNL vote-split and a two way Ted Lasso vote-split.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

So evidently Unorthodox is not eligible for SAG Awards consideration:

https://series.netflixawards.com/limited-series-television-movie/unorthodox

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

That’s so strange!

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I guess it makes sense. The leads are foreign actors and not part of the union, at least not when it got shot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I guess it makes sense. The leads are foreign actors and not part of the union, at least not when it got shot.

So Parasite cast was part of the union?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I may be wrong, but I think since Unorthodox is an american show they should have been part of SAG to be elegible. Parasite is not an american film, so they didn’t have the obligation of being part of SAG.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Added Meryl Streep, replacing Haas. Predicting meryl to be double nominated this year

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN- Picture, Director, Actress, Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Added Meryl Streep, replacing Haas. Predicting meryl to be double nominated this year

She’s being heavily underestimated here. Her and Kidman and Blanchett are locks imo (unless Let Them All Talk is really bad).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

So Parasite cast was part of the union?

I may be wrong, but I think since Unorthodox is an american show they should have been part of SAG to be elegible. Parasite is not an american film, so they didn’t have the obligation of being part of SAG.

Honestly forgot about Parasite when I typed this lol. I have no idea then.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Rise Kerry Washington!

(unless Let Them All Talk is really bad)

I mean… did ya see the trailer?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Elisabeth Olsen for this year’s John Krasinski Jack Ryan type nomination.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean… did ya see the trailer?

It didn’t look that bad lol.

I have her in because she’s Meryl and unless it gets lower than a 60 on Metacritic she’s in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Now that Shira Haas is ineligible she could literally end up walking away with only a CC nomination for this season.

I’m guessing this is officially Blanchett vs Kidman vs Taylor-Joy (before people come at me I am only thinking Kidman has a chance because regardless of what some think her performance is quite loud and actors seem to already love it). This obviously could change if one of Taylor-Joy or Coel just sweep.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 241 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.