Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 216 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

It’s not about being SAG/AFTRA members. It’s about a film or show working under a SAG/AFTRA union contract.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s not about being SAG/AFTRA members. It’s about a film or show working under a SAG/AFTRA union contract.

Hmm. Then out of interest how comes shows like Normal People and I May Destroy You are eligible. Or even I Hate Suzie?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Any worldwide production can be working with American union contracts. Almost all of them do.

Unorthodox was a small foreign project purchased by Netflix and didn’t work with U.S. contracts. It’s quite possible it will not be eligible for PGA, DGA, WGA or any of the other guilds.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Any worldwide production can be working with American union contracts. Almost all of them do.

I don’t understand, how can they work with american union contracts when they are a 100% foreign production? Do you mind elaborating? Sorry, I’m a little confused 🙁

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Anyway, I sent an email to SAG-AFTRA asking them how does it works for 100% foreign productions with 100% foreign actors and they said:

“For foreign productions, we make sure that a title is either covered by a SAG-AFTRA Global Rule One contract, or are entirely foreign with foreign actors and outside of SAG-AFTRA’s jurisdiction. In the case of the latter, we do hope that they are covered by their respective country’s unions.”

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

HBO has double confirmed for us today that “Let Them All Talk” has been changed over. They told us something different earlier this month, but it now competing in feature film categories and not in TV movie categories.

Kerry Washington rises…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Just finished The Queen’s Gambit and giving how popular it is, plus SAG Netflix biases, tempted to slot in both Brodie-Sangster (if he was in the prediction centre) and Heller now, in addition to Taylor-Joy now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just finished The Queen’s Gambit and giving how popular it is, plus SAG Netflix biases, tempted to slot in both Brodie-Sangster (if he was in the prediction centre) and Heller now, in addition to Taylor-Joy now.

Heller can easily happen here. Easily.

Don’t know about Brodie-Sangster though. Maybe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Confident in Blanchett, Taylor-Joy, and Kidman.

Stuck on whether Witherspoon or Washington gets in, because I can see SAG and/or the Globes doing the opposite of the Emmys and only nominating Witherspoon.

Sticking with my Olsen prediction unless the show is panned. Feels like a random SAG nomination (ex. Krasinski in Jack Ryan) and it’ll be the biggest show on Disney+ for January (when voting is).

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

And WandaVision will be a guaranteed audience hit as well (first post-Endgame MCU) and if there’s one thing that helps at SAG of all places is being widely seen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m not saying it can’t happen but Wandavision will only premiere 2 weeks before SAG nominations

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Cuoco goes Comedy here she’s getting that last spot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I wonder if she could even get it in Drama lol.  Some of us have said one of Paulson or Comer could get in but maybe she is the one that will.

It’s not something I particularly agree with, but some have said last year that Friends’ enormous popularity (still to this day) might have helped Aniston here. Maybe being in the biggest sitcom of the past decade could also help Cuoco in such a basic group like SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

With The Undoing done, I’m right now predicting Nicole Kidman to win for Best Actress In A Limited series and Hugh Grant to win for Best Actor In A Limited series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Nicole is probably going to win sth. for this role. She’s everywhere right now between The Undoing and The Prom. I haven’t seen the former’s finale yet, but it’s EVERYWHERE. I can’t even properly open up Twitter.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 216 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.