Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

SAG Awards 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 225 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The way Cate Blanchett spent the whole season being 3rd or even 4th at every ceremony…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Cate Blanchett spent the whole season being 3rd or even 4th at every ceremony…

I guess playing someone extremely unlikable wasn’t the move this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Nicole is probably going to win sth. for this role. She’s everywhere right now between The Undoing and The Prom. I haven’t seen the former’s finale yet, but it’s EVERYWHERE. I can’t even properly open up Twitter.

Kidman could win SAG but I highly doubt she wins anything else. The Globe imo is between Coel and Taylor-Joy.

Grant however is everywhere and just like Dumezweni he’s one of the only universally acclaimed parts of the show. He’s a big star with a loud performance and I think the race at the winter awards is going to be between him and Hawke (or at least we’ll have an Arquette vs Adams type race). Some are even calling this his career best performance and if you type his name on YouTube he’s everywhere for this show.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

Kidman could win SAG but I highly doubt she wins anything else. The Globe imo is between Coel and Taylor-Joy.

There is no way on earth Coel can be favored over Kidman at the Globes of all places (which love her to death) in such a mega-hit as The Undoing. Coel has been hurt badly by Shira Haas, and especially Anya Taylor-Joy. There are only so many rising young starlets that the Globes can concentrate on at one time, and Taylor-Joy has taken that spot (and Haas arguably had it over Coel, before Taylor-Joy and The Queen’s Gambit swooped in and took that spot from both of them).

It’s Taylor-Joy vs a Veteran at the Globes, not her vs another newcomer/ingenue. And that veteran right now is most likely Kidman. I think Taylor-Joy is most likely to win the Globe, but the logical race is her vs Kidman. Coel is a “happy to be nominated” type of choice for the Globes (who barely can ever be bothered to even nominate Regina King, despite her dominant streak at the Emmys. Being blunt, the Globes history with black women in the TV category is not great)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This doesn’t matter so much but it is interesting how much of an audience hit The Undoing  is. For example it’s apparently bigger than Game of Thrones  s1 in the UK (which had a ratings record on its channel).

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/30/the-undoing-beats-game-of-thrones-record-with-huge-audience-for-sky-atlantic-launch-13678846/

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

I think it should be clarified that its ratings are bigger than Game of Thrones S1, not the later seasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Ted Danson will be in the ballot twice for The Good Place and Mr. Mayor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

NBC is confirming the new Tina Fey comedy “Mr. Mayor” is debuting enough episodes in January and will be eligible for SAG (not Globes). Stars Ted Danson, Holly Hunter and Bobby Moynihan. Adding it to that event.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Taylor-Joy is most likely to win the Globe, but the logical race is her vs Kidman.

No.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Walker
    Topics:

Does anyone know why Shira Haas was taken off of the Limited Series/TV Movie Actress category in the SAG predictions? Is she ineligible for some reason, or is this just a glitch in the system?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

She is ineligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

HBO tells me the Billie Piper show “I Hate Suzie” is not eligible for Globes but is for SAG. They entered as a drama there and not comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

She is ineligible.

Is there any particular reason why she’s ineligible?

HBO tells me the Billie Piper show “I Hate Suzie” is not eligible for Globes but is for SAG. They entered as a drama there and not comedy.

Same question for this, why exactly can’t she compete at the Globes?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Does this mean The Flight Attendant will be pushed in Comedy?

Here goes IHS chance of getting any noms anywhere, btw.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

RIP I Hate Suzie lol.

How is she ineligible for Globes, while being eligible at SAG tho?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.