Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2021 TV Reactions

SAG Awards 2021 TV Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 196 through 209 (of 209 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit is not well written and structured? Just because the show doesn’t involve “in your face type of subject matter” that doesn’t mean it is not well written or structured! LMAO! And watchability? LMAO! The Queen’s Gambit was number 1 in 62 countries! LOL! It recieved a good word of mouth that’s why it became Netflix’s most watched limited series of all time and top 10 in 92 countries!

what are you talking about? If you read my comment you’ll see that I was saying that TQG was well written and watchable, but that it’s success shouldn’t be contributed entirely to ATJ’s performance.

You guys should know how awards work. 

Oh I perfectly understand the politicisation of these awards thanks, I don’t need you to explain it to me. I haven’t once raised a point against that, but what I’m saying is that Coel deserves to win now for this performance and I’m not happy enough to just accept when someone else wins for factors outside of performance quality like you are.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Oh the entitlement. Lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Oh the entitlement. Lol.

It’s honestly strange that you feel the need to respond to all these Coel comments 💀 your favourite performance is sweeping – why aren’t you content with that? Probably because you know Coel was better (as other Anya fans have already said on this thread).

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Um NO. The Globes, the Critics Choice, SAG said NO. LMAO!

Save your annoying trolling for someone else. Coel’s performance is beloved around here, and that sentiment isn’t changing anytime soon. She’s the one who should be awards sweeping.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

It’s really quite funny when people on here try to manufacture infighting and talk with this weird competitiveness. These awards really aren’t that important in the grand scheme of things and there’s no need in trying to pit people against each other because they didn’t love your favourite performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speaking of the Margulies discussion hopelesstar and I had earlier on here, I noticed that what the past three winners all have in common is that these were their awards comebacks in a sense. Killing Eve marked Sandra Oh’s first regular television role since Grey’s Anatomy ended and her first lead role. The Morning Show marked Jennifer Aniston’s return to television and she was playing against the type. Whilst Gillian Anderson has been a mainstay in television (especially British television) for a while, this was her most high profile role to date and marked her big awards comeback.

So there is certainly a comeback narrative helping these performers in one form or another. It will be interesting to see how much this helps Julianna Margulies next year. She is after all a SAG darling.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Gillian winning was so obvious. I’ve been saying for months how Gillian was being highly understimated by some of you here, especially at SAG. I even remember some people saying she was #3 of the TC ladies. The denial was real.

Jason winning doesn’t shock me at all, and I don’t think it means The Crown is being overstimated or is weaker than we think. They just like Bateman. He also won for season 2. But yeah, seeing him win when Laura absolutely outacted him for the entire season is quite bad. Also, Josh was far superior on every level. But anyway…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gillian winning was so obvious. I’ve been saying for months how Gillian was being highly understimated by some of you here, especially at SAG. I even remember some people saying she was #3 of the TC ladies. The delusion was real.

I switched to Corrin after the Globes but I agree with you. People were saying for months and months about how this was “too divisive” a performance to win but the only place where I’ve seen people have such strong opinions about her performance is on here. Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner… I mean she received raves from her peers. She was cast in multiple projects with strong pedigrees that included Oscar winners and nominees. I mean I didn’t even see this much of a divided response to her performance elsewhere on the internet (something I did see with Anya Taylor-Joy for example).

Predicting Corrin and Linney over her made sense but anyone who had her lower than third was deluding themselves. I won’t be surprised if Anderson made it in at TCA.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The divisive thing was not what got me.  What got me was that we have seen when the industry has a choice between a breakout and a veteran in the same show, they go with the breakout.  Maybe that really is just an Emmys and not a SAG thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The recent Emmy trend was my logic for why I had Corrin in 1st and Anderson in 2nd but you’re probably right on the Emmys disproportionately favouring the newcomer and SAG disproportionately favouring the veteran.

SAG nominated Sandra Oh over Jodie Comer for the first season of Killing Eve and only nominated Comer for her Emmy winning season. They awarded Sam Rockwell over Jharrel Jerome. They snubbed Paul Mescal (something I predicted but largely due to the type of performance given) in favour of Bill Camp. In more open races, they do seem to have proven time after time that they have a preference for the veteran.

It actually makes Claire Foy’s two consecutive individual SAG wins quite an impressive achievement considering she wasn’t a veteran or a big name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Gillian winning was so obvious. I’ve been saying for months how Gillian was being highly understimated by some of you here, especially at SAG. I even remember some people saying she was #3 of the TC ladies. The denial was real. Jason winning doesn’t shock me at all, and I don’t think it means The Crown is being overstimated or is weaker than we think. They just like Bateman. He also won for season 2. But yeah, seeing him win when Laura absolutely outacted him for the entire season is quite bad. Also, Josh was far superior on every level. But anyway…

Thoroughly agree about Gillian. She was the clear stand out from that season. Always found the Corrin SAG predictions a bit baffling.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

TV Winter Sweeps from 2011-2015: 2
    TV Winter Sweeps from 2016-2020: 14

This is getting ridiculous now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

What was the two from 2011-2015?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Julianne Moore for Game Change and Michael Douglas for Behind the Candelabra.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 196 through 209 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.