Home Forums Television SAG TV 2022

SAG TV 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Melvinezq
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think she’ll be ahead of people like Waddingham and Fanning tbh.

After she won her Emmy, Alex Borstein knocked SAG darling Uzo Aduba out even though Orange is the New Black is a show SAG loves more than something like Dead to Me. As long as Waddingham wins her Emmy and Ted Lasso wins Series she’s in. The fact Lasso got ensemble and actor nominations at SAG in spite of being a first season show actually implies that its much stronger than Maisel was in its first season. If it wins at the Emmys I anticipate it will be even stronger in its winter awards haul (provided the second season is actually good).

The Great is a much bigger contender than Dead to Me is overall and is one that is rapidly rising (whilst Dead to Me is sort of filler). Fanning is not in but I can see her have an edge over Applegate on the basis of that and the fact that her programmes hasn’t reached peak visibility yet (whilst Applegate’s arguably has). She obviously can still miss but it’s not an unreasonable prediction.

Perhaps I should put Applegate in 6th instead of 7th (she probably in hindsight is ahead of Annie Murphy in an AMC show) but it’s also not implausible for her to be overshadowed in Netflix’s campaign priorities by Sandra Oh in The Chair.

To cut a long story short whilst Applegate can still get in, I think she can also easily be snubbed. At this stage no one apart from Rachel Brosnahan (and imo Waddingham if she wins her Emmy) are safe. I can even see SAG dropping Alex Borstein.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

The Morning Show season 2 is a big question mark.
    If the show keeps the quality of the last three episodes of season 1 they could really explode at next year awards.
    But there’s a concrete risk they flop entirely.

Anyway Jennifer, Reese and Julianna will be a delight to watch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As a Succession fan I’m not entirely convinced that it’s the frontrunner for ensemble. It could end up being the Game of Thrones to The Morning Show‘s This is Us.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

As a Succession fan I’m not entirely convinced that it’s the frontrunner for ensemble. It could end up being the Game of Thrones to The Morning Show‘s This is Us.

Armstrong successfully showed how the series’ quality can significantly increased from its first season to its second. It’s also more stable (proven by no replacement of the leader of the project) and very widely liked. Sadly, The Morning Show cannot even get that SAG when the lineup is not as strong although it is showered with love. I wonder that that’s the peak of the support given to the show, but what left remains to be seen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Armstrong successfully shows how the series’ quality can significantly increased from its first season to its second. It’s also more stable (proven by no replacement of the leader of the project) and very widely-liked. Sadly, The Morning Show cannot even get that SAG when the lineup is not as strong although it is showered with love. I wonder that that’s the peak of the support given to the show, but what left remains to be seen.

If SAG cared about the quality of a show’s writing for you to win or lose then Game of Thrones wouldn’t have been nominated last year over <i>Succession </i>and Pose.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

If SAG cared about the quality of a show’s writing for you to win or lose then Game of Thrones wouldn’t have been nominated last year over <i>Succession </i>and Pose.

Over The Morning Show too (although it’s loved to death in actor/actress category). I personally don’t know how that happened, but I assume that it showed that the success didn’t always translate well into Ensemble. Well, I think actors care more about the previous Emmy Drama winner over the one that’s only competitive in acting before.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Over The Morning Show too (although it’s loved to death in actor/actress category). I personally don’t know how that happened, but I assume that it showed that the success didn’t always translate well into Ensemble. Well, I think actors care more about the previous Emmy Drama winner over the one that’s only competitive in acting before.

This is Us was only nominated for Actor for its first season but then went on to beat The Handmaid’s Tale (which was coming off a sweep at the Emmys) in ensemble. This year aside, it’s been a rarity for SAG to take towards first season shows that compete first at the winter awards. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is another example.

I wouldn’t hold <i>The Morning Show</i>’s miss last year against it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

May Predictions.

Comedy Ensemble

1. Ted Lasso (AppleTV+)
    2. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)
    3. The Great (Hulu)
    4. The Kominsky Method (Netflix)
    5. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)

6. Schmigadoon’ (AppleTV+)
    7. Russian Doll (Netflix)
    8. Atlanta (FX)
    9. The Chair (Netflix)
    10. Physical (AppleTV+)

Drama Ensemble

1. Succession (HBO)
    2. The Morning Show (AppleTV+)
    3. Ozark (Netflix)
    4. The Gilded Age (HBO)
    5. Bridgerton (Netflix)

6. Stranger Things (Netflix)
    7. The Essex Serpent (AppleTV+)
    8. The Wheel of Time (Amazon)
    9. Slow Horses (AppleTV+)
    10. The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)

Limited/Movie Actor (WandaVision and It’s a Sin are ineligible due to airing before February 28)

1. Ewan McGregor, Halston
    2. Clive Owen, Impeachment
    3. Joel Edgerton, The Underground Railroad
    4. Oscar Isaac, Scenes From a Marriage
    5. David Thewliss, Landscapers

6. Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal
    7. Michael Shannon, Nine Perfect Strangers
    8. Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    9. Andrew Scott, The Pursuit of Love
    10. Andrew Scott, Oslo

Limited/Movie Actress

1. Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment
    2. Michelle Dockery, Anatomy of a Scandal
    3. Sarah Paulson, Impeachment
    4. Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown
    5. Viola Davis, The First Lady

6. Gillian Anderson, The First Lady
    7. Olivia Colman, Landscapers
    8. Jessica Chastain, Scenes From a Marriage
    9. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    10. Thuso Mbedu, The Underground Railroad

Comedy Actor

1. Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
    2. Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    3. Nicholas Hoult, The Great
    4. Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method
    5. Martin Short, Only Murders in the Building

6. Steve Martin, Only Murders in the Building
    7. Donald Glover, Atlanta
    8. Keegan Michael-Key, Schmigadoon’
    9. Luke Kirby, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    10. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mr Corman

Comedy Actress

1. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso
    2. Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    3. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    4. Elle Fanning, The Great
    5. Sandra Oh, The Chair

6. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    7. Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll
    8. Rose Byrne, Physical
    9. Selena Gomez, Only Murders in the Building
    10. Annie Murphy, Russian Doll

Drama Actor

1. Jeremy Strong, Succession
    2. Brian Cox, Succession
    3. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    4. Bill Crudup, The Morning Show
    5. Tom Hiddleston, The Essex Serpent

6. Kieran Culkin, Succession
    7. Jonathan Bailey, Bridgerton
    8. Gary Oldman, Slow Horses
    9. David Harbour, Stranger Things
    10. Steve Carell, The Morning Show

Drama Actress

1. Julianna Margulies, The Morning Show
    2. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
    3. Laura Linney, Ozark
    4. Christine Baranski, The Gilded Age
    5. Sarah Snook, Succession

6. Julia Garner, Ozark
    7. Claire Danes, The Essex Serpent
    8. Rosamund Pike, The Wheel of Time
    9. Simone Ashley, Bridgerton
    10. Rose Leslie, The Time Traveller’s Wife

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

SAG right now after the cancellation of the Globes:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

SAG should be fine but if indeed the globes do not take place next year, they will have to treat themselves way bigger than they treat right now.

Like a way bigger ceremony (and pls, the Limited ensemble)

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

HBO limited series The White Lotus will premiere July 11.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.