Home Forums Television Saturday Night Live Season 45 (2019/20)

Saturday Night Live Season 45 (2019/20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 197 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
vinny
Atypical
thatnerdgreg
  • thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. Huge single entitled “Yummy.”

Someone played some that to me to make fun of it. The idea that it’s a huge single is depressing. At least he’s not hosting. He was never good at it. He’s not good when it come to music either, but that’s a whole other can of worms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, SNL doesn’t snub and slight TV star hosts. Whatevs gave you THAT idea? Lorne Michaels, that’s who.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

JJ is a surprise but a pleasant one and FINALLY we get Rupaul as a host 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, SNL doesn’t snub and slight TV star hosts. Whatevs gave you THAT idea? Lorne Michaels, that’s who.

Ru is a tv star host lol. Drag race, Drag Race UK, AJ and the Queen. A great choice from the television realm 🙂
    I hope the next hosts and muscial guests are (and this is assuming it’s 21 episdode season like last season and we with the two announced are up to 13):
    14)Jim Carrey (Sonic the Hedgehog) with Green Day
    15)Ben Affleck (The Way Back) with Eminem
    16)Margot Robbie (Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)) with Weezer
    17)Daniel Craig or Rami Malek (No Time to Die) with The 1975
    18)Viola Davis (How to Get Away With Murder) with BTS
    19)Dan Levy (Schitt’s Creek) with Lauv
    20)Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us) with Mandy Moore
    21)Awkwafina (Awkwafina is Nora from Queens) with Alicia Keys

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  vinny. Reason: rembered show on netflix's name
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

This was a great episode. My grade: A

My highlights:
    1)null
    2)null
    3)null

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

20)Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us) with Mandy Moore

that would be cool

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

This was my second favorite episode of the season, behind Eddie Murphy’s stint, obviously. After Scarlett’s disaster of an episode, I’m glad to know that the other star of Marriage Story didn’t get screwed over as well. Driver’s always been game to play on this show, and this was his best outing yet. Just for the record, when I say this was his best outing, I’m saying as an overall episode. Cause nothing’s ever gonna too Abraham H. Parnassus.

The only sketch that stuck out as being weak to me was the cold opening. It had some good moments, but it was very much hurt by the usually great Gary Shandling not being able to carry it successfully. Aside from that though, all the sketches were at least good. Adam Driver really fit in, being able to admirably play straight man and weirdo. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a Guest Actor nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    arabian
    Participant
    Topics:

^ I mostly agree with your assessment, although I think the Cold Open was great (that was Jon Lovitz, not Shandling, by the way). The only sketch I found weak was the “Cheer” one. Other than that, I found every other one hilarious. And the monologue was absolutely outstanding.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

^ I mostly agree with your assessment, although I think the Cold Open was great (that was Jon Lovitz, not Shandling, by the way). The only sketch I found weak was the “Cheer” one. Other than that, I found every other one hilarious. And the monologue was absolutely outstanding.

Damnit. I meant Jon Lovitz. I always get their names mixed up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Faux architect
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t even care about this episode. Ru is hosting! SNL better not screw this up. They have an extensive history of getting in the way of funny hosts. Remember the Emma Thompson episode? I’ve watched funnier Emma Thompson interviews.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M Bocioaca.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M Bocioaca.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

That episode was very good and a huge step up. I was particularly laughing my ass off during the Science Room sketch and especially the Del Taco sketch. Those are two of the best in a while. And of course, I loved the return of Undercover Boss and Melissa Villasenor’s appearance on Update.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

That episode was very good and a huge step up. I was particularly laughing my ass off during the Science Room sketch and especially the Del Taco sketch. Those are two of the best in a while. And of course, I loved the return of Undercover Boss and Melissa Villasenor’s appearance on Update.

Between this and Eddie Murphy’s episode, hopefully this is a sign of the writers finally improving this year. Of course both episodes greatly benefited from talented hosts. At least that tradition should continue next week.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

With how hot Issa Rae is going to be in a little bit (The Lovebirds, The Photograph, and Insecure all premiering in the span of two months), I have a feeling she’ll be hosting soon. She also seems like HBO’s best bet at series and lead Emmy noms (other than CYE, but David could get nominated in his sleep), so this would be great campaigning for her.

If Pop TV goes all out on One Day at a Time promo (and if they hope to finally score that show some Emmy love this year), Rita Moreno would also be a great host.

Some other random prediction possibilities:
    Reese Witherspoon (Little Fires Everywhere)
    Dan Levy (Schitt’s Creek)
    Aaron Paul (Westworld)
    Chris Rock (Fargo)
    Ramy Youssef (Ramy)
    Emily Blunt (A Quiet Place: Part II)
    Daniel Craig (No Time to Die)
    Janelle Monáe (Antebellum)

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

JJ Watt in the Frozen II parody is making me giggle uncontrollably.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I kinda loved this episode. A+

My fav moment though was this:
    null

I was dying when he did that

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 197 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.