Home Forums Television Saturday Night Live Season 45 (2019/20)

Saturday Night Live Season 45 (2019/20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
vinny
Atypical
Guest 2018
  • Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Who id love to see:

• Olivia Colman (The Crown)
    • Jodie Comer (Killing Eve
    • Jennifer Aniston (The Morning Show)
    • Lisa Kudrow (Good People)
    • D’Arcy Carden (The Good Place)
    • Margot Robbie (Bombshell)
    • Bill Hader (Barry)

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

For those of you who don’t know the genius of Eddie Murphy on SNL, I have 5 words:

James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub

That’s the one I missed in my post. I was like I know I am missing one where he was a singer but couldn’t remember

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Leslie Jones is leaving “SNL” after five seasons. I’m shocked! Yet Ego Nwodim is sticking around for some reason.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Half of me won’t miss Jones because she wasn’t THAT good, but the other half will miss her because she was a huge presence and when she wanted to, she rocked whatever they threw at her. But it wasn’t as frequent as I would’ve liked so…bye, I guess.

Hopefully she’ll have a nice career after this show.

Good that McKinnon is back, this show still has veeeery few people to replace such a key cast member.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

McKinnon will only be in half season due to new Hulu drama series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

McKinnon will only be in half season due to new Hulu drama series.

source? I haven’t seen that anywhere but believe it

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

source? I haven’t seen that anywhere but believe it

https://deadline.com/2019/04/the-dropout-hulu-limited-series-kate-mckinnon-star-elizabeth-holmes-fox-searchlight-television-abc-news-1202593032/

It’s called ‘The Dropout’. Description: “The story of Elizabeth Holmes and her company, Theranos is an unbelievable tale of ambition and fame gone terribly wrong. How did the world’s youngest self-made female billionaire lose it all in the blink of an eye? How did the woman once heralded as ‘the next Steve Jobs’ find herself facing criminal charges — to which she pleaded not guilty — and up to 20 years in jail? How did her technology, meant to revolutionize healthcare, potentially put millions of patients at risk? And how did so many smart people get it so wrong along the way?”

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Out of the confirmed hosts, I see PWB and Murphy getting nominated

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    D Krom
    Participant
    Topics:

Ego is very talented. She comes from an improv and sketch background. She just got more air time on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast this past year. It is a shame she couldn’t  translate that energy to SNL this past year. Hopefully she will going forward.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Are they going to get some new cast members? Most of them are terrible right now. Also, they need to replace Jost and Che as head writers and have them strictly write for the weekend update. They are terrible at writing sketches.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow I haven’t been around GD long but already I can see you’re fairly batshit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” ADDS THREE NEW CAST MEMBERS
    by: Joseph Otterson | Sep 12, 2019
    VARIETY

“Saturday Night Live” announced three new featured players for its upcoming 45th season.

Chloe Fineman, Shane Gillis, and Bowen Yang will all appear in the new season of the long-running NBC sketch comedy series. Fineman was a New Face at the 2018 Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal and has been a regular performer at the Groundlings. Gillis was recently recognized as a New Face at the 2019 Just for Laughs Festival. Yang joined “SNL” as a staff writer last season and is co-host of the “Las Culturistas” podcast.

News of the new cast members comes approximately two weeks after it was announced that Leslie Jones would be exiting the series after five seasons. It had been speculated at that time that Kate McKinnon would also be leaving the show, but she is poised to return when “SNL” begins its new season on Sept. 28 with host Woody Harrelson and musical guest Billie Eilish.

Previously announced hosts for the season also include Phoebe Waller-Bridge, David Harbour, Kristen Stewart, and Eddie Murphy. Besides Eilish, musical guests include Taylor Swift and Camila Cabello.

“SNL” is produced in association with Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels is the creator and executive producer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

I …may have (may have) screamed in joy at the news that Bowen Yang is in the cast.  Y’all that don’t know, feast on this brilliance:

https://thechive.com/2018/08/27/dude-lip-syncs-devil-wears-prada-scene-and-its-oddly-impressive-video/

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a good start…

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/shane-gillis-snl-racial-slur-saturday-night-live-nbc-1203334216/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

right when they finally got an east asian cast member

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.