Home Forums Television Slugfests 2018

Slugfests 2018

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Luca Giliberti
Teridax
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Please share reactions here.  We will probably record limited/movie Friday, so look for it next week.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Yay! I have so many thoughts on this race.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Comedy Series/Lead/Supporting (48 minutes)
    with Amanda, Matt, Riley, Rob, Tony, Zach

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Drama Series/Lead/Supporting (39 minutes)
    with Amanda, Matt, Riley, Rob, Tony, Zach

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I always love these. And Amanda’s hairrrrrrr is always fuckin LAID to the Gawds.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The contributors were scheduled for March 30, then May 4, then May 18, then May 25, then May 28.  Getting people not to pull out at the last minute or altogether has proved impossible, so there is no telling if or when we will successfully convene to discuss the limited/movie races for the first time and also how things have shifted with comedy and drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

The contributors were scheduled for March 30, then May 4, then May 18, then May 25, then May 28. Getting people not to pull out at the last minute or altogether has proved impossible, so there is no telling if or when we will successfully convene to discuss the limited/movie races for the first time and also how things have shifted with comedy and drama.

What a shame! I hope this isn’t the end of the slugfests altogether!! I was really looking forward, I hope you can all still manage to do one. But hey, I am always available to do one 😀

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The contributors were scheduled for March 30, then May 4, then May 18, then May 25, then May 28. Getting people not to pull out at the last minute or altogether has proved impossible, so there is no telling if or when we will successfully convene to discuss the limited/movie races for the first time and also how things have shifted with comedy and drama.

I would never pull out. Just so you know I have a lot of ideas about where this Emmy race could go, and I am far more excited for it than a lot of other people. I’ve only been on 1 slugfest before, a few years ago, and I would be sincerely grateful for another opportunity to prove my value as a contributor. If I am not selected this Emmy season, good luck being able to get enough people together for a slugfest, and I am sorry that it has been taking so long for it to happen with so many people dropping out at the last minute.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s a shame. I look forward to the slug fests every year. I hope we can still get some good analysis before nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s a shame. I look forward to the slug fests every year. I hope we can still get some good analysis before nominations.

Hopefully Charles Bright, Daniel Montgomery, and Paul Sheehan are able to take part, since all 3 of those people frequently do well with predicting the eventual nominees and winners with the Emmys and Oscars.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Charles Bright, Daniel Montgomery, and Paul Sheehan are able to take part, since all 3 of those people frequently do well with predicting the eventual nominees and winners with the Emmys and Oscars.

I want Amanda back as well! And Riley of course but we know that he wants to do it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

To all the editors and experts who may read this: Please consider participating in these slugfests again, a lot of us here are very disappointed that there haven’t been any yet. It’s the reason I found this site and it would be a damn shame if they did not happen anymore!

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingaGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

They used to be interactive slugfests as well, which is what brought me in. They should consider partnering with twitch maybe?

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

They used to be interactive slugfests as well, which is what brought me in. They should consider partnering with twitch maybe?

I know it’s weird but I have always wanted to be on one of the slugfests haha. I have so much to say about the categories and I do consider myself to be fairly realistic when it comes to the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I finally got time to watch the drama and comedy slugfests with Tom O’Neil and Pete Hammond. A few of my thoughts.

Justifying another Moss win with her numerous snubs for Mad Men is ridiculous. I’m okay with this helping her last year, but stop using the same reason again. Not sure why Linney is still in the conversation. She didn’t do anything spectacular and the category is packed. The show was a Globes bait.

O’Neil and Hammond aren’t as optimistic about Hartley as the users here on the forums. This was surprising. They also don’t share the optimism for Brie. I have her in sixth and I was waiting for a reason to put Adlon instead. Kemper is suddenly out of question to get a nomination. A lot of enthusiasm for Mrs. Maisel.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.