Home Forums Television Slugfests 2019

Slugfests 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You guys really spent 42 minutes discussing 2 categories?! I thought you’d link comedy and drama together for the guest slugfest. It means even more content to digest which is good, I can’t wait to watch.

We love to go through all possible contenders, and not just talk about the Gold Derby top six 🙂

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

As you should!

FYC: Carice van Houten (Game of Thrones), Guest Actress in a Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

We love to go through all possible contenders, and not just talk about the Gold Derby top six 🙂

I love that you do this. Don’t change it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

u guys should have invites for GD forum members to join a podcast in the future! They can hide their camera if they don’t wanna be shown?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You guys really spent 42 minutes discussing 2 categories?!

Yeah, that one got away from us. I stopped editing the slugfests once we settled on this me/Luca/Zach lineup.

Are there any more lined up?

We recorded comedy right before this one, but have no plans at this time to record any more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We recorded comedy right before this one, but have no plans at this time to record any more.

I think the 42 minutes were well spent though, because sometimes it’s important to mention contenders that are, for instance, way down in our odds, especially in these categories.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, this ended up being more informative than I’d anticipated. Happy to finally get my head around Jenrette’s nomination regarding the backstage works, I can finally sleep in peace. And guest acting nominees were determined by tapes pre-2010?! Thanks Riley and the gang

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait you guys really gave me a slugfest shoutout?! Thanks so much! Now I just need to hope Carice mentions me in her acceptance speech…

Edit: also I totally buy the argument Riley made for Niemi (spelling?) and can see her squeezing in.

FYC: Carice van Houten (Game of Thrones), Guest Actress in a Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Topics:

Wow, this ended up being more informative than I’d anticipated. Happy to finally get my head around Jenrette’s nomination regarding the backstage works, I can finally sleep in peace. And guest acting nominees were determined by tapes pre-2010?! Thanks Riley and the gang

What do you mean? Jenrette was breathtaking in her cameo playing Moss’ husband’s ex-wife. She was more than deserving.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What do you mean? Jenrette was breathtaking in her cameo playing Moss’ husband’s ex-wife. She was more than deserving.

Since I’m guessing this isn’t serious, can we please stop with this? Yes, her nomination is still strange (well not really once you listen to Riley’s explanation) and her performance didn’t necessarily warrant that nom, but we need to stop spitting on her. She deserves more credit than anyone else for getting into that lineup. And you know what, a nomination like this can absolutely pave the way for someone’s career, and that’s great. Besides, it’s not like she was bad in her sparse screen time.

If you actually mean what you said, then ignore everything I said.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

But she didn’t deserve it. In any way. We should be allowed to ridicule nominations that are ridiculous. We do it with Margo Martindale. Why would we stop with Kelly Jenerette?

Also why does she deserve more credit than anyone else? For a great campaign? I didn’t realise the category was called Outstanding Campaign by a Guest Actress in a Drama Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

But she didn’t deserve it. In any way. We should be allowed to ridicule nominations that are ridiculous. We do it with Margo Martindale. Why would we stop with Kelly Jenerette? Also why does she deserve more credit than anyone else? For a great campaign? I didn’t realise the category was called Outstanding Campaign by a Guest Actress in a Drama Series.

Well yeah, you’ve got a point because I don’t agree with the nomination myself, but I don’t know. I do think she deserves credit for submitting herself and getting herself all the way to a nomination. Look, of course any award show should be about the quality of a performance, but we know they aren’t, so this is where we are. I am just happy for her that she now seems to have a career, which is an actor’s dream. And at one point the ridiculing should stop, for Martindale as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

This site also ridicules Oh for using an overdue and race-charged narrative to steam roll the end of the year awards. Not to mention the intense criticism towards a teenager for getting into supporting actress last year, the hatred directed at THT and Moss for overly baity scenes to try to win an emmy, the flack we gave Bateman after his SAG win, and other countless examples. Also, if Headey loses this year, I hope whoever beats her isn’t familiar with the Gold Derby forums, because claws will probably sharpened and out.

Jenrette took advantage of a flawed system to get herself completely undeserved recognition. I respect her hustle, but like c’mon. I’m not condoning some of the atrocious things users(trolls) put here, but let’s not act like we’re being too harsh in this case of an indefensible nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This site also ridicules Oh for using an overdue and race-charged narrative to steam roll the end of the year awards. Not to mention the intense criticism towards a teenager for getting into supporting actress last year, the hatred directed at THT and Moss for overly baity scenes to try to win an emmy, the flack we gave Bateman after his SAG win, and other countless examples. Also, if Headey loses this year, I hope whoever beats her isn’t familiar with the Gold Derby forums, because claws will probably sharpened and out. Jenrette took advantage of a flawed system to get herself completely undeserved recognition. I respect her hustle, but like c’mon. I’m not condoning some of the atrocious things users(trolls) put here, but let’s not act like we’re being too harsh in this case of an indefensible nomination.

Yeah, you’re right.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.