Song 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Brayden Fitzs..
Emmy FYC : Ye..
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

What about “In the Mix” from Mixed-ish by Mariah Carey?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UmcSZnMRDhw

It’s the opening credits, it would be nominated under “Main Title Theme” not “Music & Lyrics”.

ReplyCopy URL

First predictions :

1. Succession “L to the OG”
    2. The Eddy “The Eddy”
    3. Black Mirror “On a Roll”
    4. The Eddy “Kiss Me in the Morning”
    5. The Oscars “Recap Rap”

6. The Good Fight “Secret Law”
    7. Saturday Night Live “Stuck in the House”
    8. Little Fires Everywhere “Build it Up”

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Thanks for the suggestions; I have added them to the master list.

I think that the Oscars and Tonys are done here. The Tonys won the last three years that tapes decided the winner, but not once in the five years since. They won their program category the last five years of the tape system, but have only won once in the five years of the popular vote. The Tonys and the Kennedy Center Honors split the directing category the last three years of the tape system and have not won since. The Kennedy Center Honors won their program category five of the last six years of the tape system, but have also not won since. What has won these categories under the popular vote? Trendy things like Carpool Karaoke, Dave Chappelle, Grease: Live and the Oscars—because of the Best Picture fiasco. Shows like the Oscars and Tonys are always going to be competently produced, but people take them for granted unless they are viewing them under the microscope that the tape system was. They are not going to choose them over ongoing shows in which they are invested in the characters like This is Us.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I think that the Oscars and Tonys are done here.

I have always found it weird that those kind of awards ceremonies can compete for awards. I know they are televised but does anyone consider them as television programs as oppose to something like Grease: Live.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MisterScones
    Topics:

Bob’s Burgers has plenty of fun original songs each season. I liked Fiona Apple’s “Pig Trouble in Little Tina” a lot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Fiona winning an Emmy before Bolt Cutters sweeps the Grammys.

MariahConcept

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Updated with official submissions from Amazon (Carnival Row, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Modern Love, Transparent, Jonas Brothers, Kacey Musgraves).

Modern Love keeps fooling me with these original songs because of how good they are. They got me first with the theme song, which I could not believe was new for the show and now I see that they are submitting the closing song from the Catherine Keener episode, which I again did not even consider was an original and is now bringing me to tears. They are going with it over the Anne Hathaway song.

I was not too familiar with Lil Dicky’s catalogue, so I assumed that the songs that they play in passing in Dave were his early hits, but I have since learned that nothing in the show has actually been released. I count eight original songs!

The other one that I have been playing on repeat lately is The Weeknd’s from the episode of American Dad! that he actually co-wrote.

ReplyCopy URL

Updated with official submissions from Amazon (Carnival Row, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,

I think it’s clear that Maisel is a lock for a nomination here. Maybe the only.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

L to the OG would be such a weird pick since its purposefully really bad.

This category is so random I really can’t make a prediction either way but The Witcher feels like it should be the winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24Emmy
    Topics:

New contenders via Apple’s Central Park:

Nothing in that Bob’s Burgers precedent prepares you, though, for just how good and expansive the songs in Central Park are. The musical numbers, all produced by Frank Ciampi, hail from a varied who’s who of Broadway and Broadway-adjacent composers. In the second episode, the remarkable empowerment anthem “Weirdos Make Great Superheroes” was written by Sara Bareilles. “Rats,” from the third episode, has synth-y ’80s power-ballad touches and was written, naturally enough, by Cyndi Lauper. And it isn’t even like the songs from the A-listers are outliers. Kate Anderson and Elyssa Samsel of Olaf’s Frozen Adventure wrote for multiple episodes; their anthem “Own This” from the premiere, bringing together the entire cast for Central Park jubilation, is a glorious earworm featuring counter-melodies and complex harmonies and I can nearly guarantee you’ll want to rewind and watch again immediately.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.