Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unless something explodes it looks like it might end up being Maisel vs The Great.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Coronavirus cases are spiking again so I don’t think shows will easily resume or start production. That’s why I won’t predict a show if it doesn’t have an exact air date.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it just depends on where they are being filmed. Something like The Great or Sex Education seem to be things that can make it in more easily than something like Dead to Me.

I think unless we have a very serious case throughout the remaining four months of the year or Amazon decides to keep it for next December that Maisel will make it back in. The Palladinos have said they hope to get back to filming the show in a few weeks and that they will have less to film because of the virus that will be done through CGI.

At the rate things are going with the virus Doctor Who will get nominated for its Christmas special in Movie next year.

It did get its first Emmy nomination this year lol.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2020-07-29/doctor-who-emmy-nomination/

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

At the rate things are going with the virus Doctor Who will get nominated for its Christmas special in Movie next year. It did get its first Emmy nomination this year lol. https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2020-07-29/doctor-who-emmy-nomination/

Yeah, but it must have 75 minutes to be elegible, right?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah, but it must have 75 minutes to be elegible, right?

It’s previous Christmas Special was 75 minutes long if I’m not mistaken.

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

Ozark is on the list of shows returning for Georgia production in October. Personally, I think it may still be too soon, but perhaps they’re slated for late October.

I can’t remember what the hanging episodes rule is, but they might just slip in by the deadline if they accelerate post production.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ozark is on the list of shows returning for Georgia production in October. Personally, I think it may still be too soon, but perhaps they’re slated for late October. I can’t remember what the hanging episodes rule is, but they might just slip in by the deadline if they accelerate post production.

I don’t think they’ll slip in. I don’t think Ozark returning will be a priority for Netflix at the Emmys when they already have three high profile Dramas (two of which are Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy productions) and when it seems to be more likely they’ll get Stranger Things in (which was halfway through filming before lockdown).

It’s not like with Succession on HBO where HBO might be in danger (and therefore rush with production and post production) if their only Dramas are Lovecraft Country and Perry Mason considering the lack of buzz the latter has.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

It’s not like with Succession on HBO where HBO might be in danger (and therefore rush with production and post production) if their only Dramas are Lovecraft Country and Perry Mason considering the lack of buzz the latter has.

They should let Succession take its time, and give I May Destroy You the massive push it needs and deserves (yes I know it’s currently a limited series).

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ozark should hope that when it returns that it’s competing against strong seasons of both of Succession and The Crown because both shows seem to have a massive crossover in fans and if there is a scenario where Ozark is competing against a strong season of one of them and not the other (e.g. Succession s3 or s4 vs Ozark s4a in 2022 or Ozark s4b vs The Crown s5) it will face a massive hurdle because I have a feeling that if Ozark makes eligibility and Succession misses this year a lot of the Succession votes will be going to The Crown due to the crossover and if Succession is back the year The Crown is taking a year off (2022 Emmys I believe) and has a strong season and is competing against Ozark I have a feeling that The Crown votes will go to Succession.

It will be very interesting to see (at least until The Crown and Ozark end soon) if the top 3 this year end up dominating the Drama prizes for years to come, if Succession just ends up dominating Drama à la early Mad Men and late GoT or if we end up seeing what we may see with the Comedy categories if Schitt’s Creek wins this year that certain shows may continue to dominate the acting categories but no show dominates the Series prize for multiple years.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Bridgerton is only produced by Shonda Rhimes, she didn’t write any episodes for that. I searched the book series and it’s not considered literary so I don’t have high hopes for that. On the other hand I’m excited for Inventing Anna.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Bridgerton will obviously not be an awards player…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Bridgerton is only produced by Shonda Rhimes, she didn’t write any episodes for that. I searched the book series and it’s not considered literary so I don’t have high hopes for that. On the other hand I’m excited for Inventing Anna.

Oh dear. I’ll slot Perry Mason back in for the time being.

Maybe I just go too excited it was from Shonda Rhimes and Julie Andrews was is in it?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Average viewership of shows that have already aired (what else has aired) :

I May Destroy You – 0.11 million viewers

Perry Mason – 1.33 million viewers

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not saying Bridgerton is definitely going to happen (after finding out it isn’t some literary marvel I have downgraded it in my predictions) but considering it has Shonda Rhimes’s name and the books have been NYT bestsellers I wouldn’t put it past it getting in if we’re in a similar quarantine binge situation that we were in during the Spring in the Winter. I mean after all these are the same people who continuously voted for Downton Abbey over more acclaimed seasons of The Good Wife and The Americans in certain categories…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So per network here is what’s already been filmed/ready to air but unconfirmed and confirmed to air/already aired :

ABC :

Confirmed to Start Filming – Black-ish

Amazon :

Confirmed – The Boys, The Pursuit of Love,  Small Axe, The Truth Seekers, Utopia

Production Dates Scheduled – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Unknown – Hunters

AMC :

Confirmed – A Discovery of Witches, Gangs of London, The Salisbury Poisonings, Soulmates, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead : World Beyond

Production Dates Scheduled – Fear the Walking Dead, Kevin Can F*** Himself

Unknown – 61st Street, This is Going to Hurt

BBC America : 

Confirmed – A Discovery of Witches, Doctor Who (Revolution of the Daleks), The Watch

Unknown – Doctor Who (Drama Series)

CBS All Access : 

Confirmed – Star Trek : Discovery
    Scheduled to Restart Filming – The Good Fight

Fox :

Unknown – Call Me Kat (Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik BBC Produced remake of hit British comedy Miranda although like with Utopia I personally have a feeling it will end up like something like Gracepoint but it is still worth including in this list due to the source material and the people behind it)

FX :

Confirmed – Fargo

Production Return Date Set – What We Do in the Shadows

Production Shutdowns with Episodes Already Filmed – Snowfall, Pose

Unknown – Black Narcissus (filming began in October but I don’t know if it is a shut down show or if it has been completed), American Horror Story, Impeachment

FX on Hulu : 

Confirmed – A Teacher, The Old Man

Unknown – American Horror Stories

HBO :

Confirmed to Air/Already Aired – His Dark Materials, I May Destroy , Industry, Perry Mason, The Third Day, The Undoing, We Are Who We Are

Productions Shutdown With Episodes Already Filmed – The Nevers (only a few episodes left, hopes to return to filming in the fall in the UK whilst post production has been worked on during the lockdown)

Scheduled Productions Return Dates – Barry (January), Succession (Winter)

Unknown (no news on whether filming is finished or when shows will film new seasons) – Gentleman Jack, The Gilded Age, In Treatment, Mare of Easttown (same with Black Narcissus)

HBO Max –

Confirmed – Boys (this has just been delayed to an early 2021 release date in the UK so I expect HBO Max may move this to early 2021), The Flight Attendant, Frayed, Pure, Raised by Wolves, Search Party

Hulu – 

Confirmed – Love, Victor, Monsterland, Pen15, Woke

Scheduled Production Restart Date – The Great, The Handmaid’s Tale, Y : The Last Man

Unknown – The Dropout

NBC – 

Confirmed – 30 Rock Special

Scheduled to Restart Filming – Brooklyn Nine Nine, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

Shutdown with Some Episodes Filmed – Mr. Mayor

Netflix – 

Confirmed – Away, Behind Her Eyes, Bridgerton, The Crown, Emily in Paris, Ginny and Georgia, The Haunting of Bly Manor, Firefly Lane, Stateless, The Irregulars, The Politician, Ratched, The Umbrella Academy

Production Halted Halfway Through Filming – Clickbait, Russian Doll, The Serpent

Production Dates Rescheduled – Stranger Things, Ozark

Unknown – Inventing Anna

The following below aren’t shows that actually have an air date in the US but are shows that have aired or will air in the UK that have big hype/talent involved that I can see broadcasters acquiring to fill their schedules (like AMC did with The Salisbury Poisonings). The following all are finished :

– Adult Material
    – Elizabeth is Missing
    – I Hate Suzie
    – Maxx 
    (@Luca this stars O-T- Fagbenle and Christopher Meloni lol)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.