Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 345 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
15 mins ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Allan Veríss..
puck05
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree. I mean hardly a surprise considering its subject matter but its been a word of mouth hit here in the UK even though the only show that has really done well here or people know exists that is on AppleTV is The Morning Show.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I can see Jason Sudeikis getting a nomination. Especially for the most recent episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Lol Maisel is never winning Series again is it?

Lol calm down. Insecure couldn’t even get a writing or directing nom this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol calm down. Insecure couldn’t even get a writing or directing nom this year.

I’m guessing you thought Schitt’s Creek wasn’t going to get a writing or directing nom this time last year when it broke through?

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Are we really comparing Insecure’s trajectory to SC’s? Ok lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I can see Jason Sudeikis getting a nod next year. Ted Lasso is slowly becoming a hit and that could be Apple TV+’s gateway to get into the comedy race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    macintyre
    Topics:

He’s excellent in it. I’m sure the Globes will recognise him. Idk about the Emmys though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are we really comparing Insecure’s trajectory to SC’s? Ok lol.

Yeah I guess it doesn’t really make sense considering Insecure went from 1 to 8 whilst Schitt’s went from 0 to 4 lol.

Honestly your clear bias against certain shows is ridiculous. I’m not even a fan of Insecure but you can’t deny the trajectory it’s on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I have a bias against ridiculous predictions, which is claiming Insecure is suddenly some kind of giant. SC airs on small cable channel and only got discovered by some last year through netflix, allowing it to have a small group of fans dedicated enough to give it its first noms. Once more people have discovered it after emmy noms, it got nominated in other award shows and did better at the next emmys. Insecure airs on HBO, which means it never had a visibility problem, and has been getting nominations in different ceremonies ever since its first season. It did not get discovered this year so yes, the comparison is nonsense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Insecure is similar to Schitt’s in that aspect because while it’s accessibility platform was never an issue, how it was position for consideration was.

Ever since it’s debut it’s always been in the shadow of another HBO show / pushed aside in favour of. It debuted along the more buzzy Divorce; HBO always had Veep & Silicon/Barry as their main priorities and even this year it was still 3rd behind Curb & Run. Everything Insecure has gotten prior to S4, it’s had to fight for.

Next cycle for S5 will be similar to Schitt’s S6 because HBO knew beforehand what they’ve got now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

and even this year it was still 3rd behind Curb & Run.

I have not seen any evidence that Run was actually a campaign priority for HBO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

against ridiculous predictions

well I guess every person to themselves but let’s not forget you’ve called my predictions ridiculous before and we’ve seen how that turned out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Industry will be released in November 9: https://tvline.com/2020/09/17/industry-premiere-date-hbo-trailer-watch-video/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Your Honor starring Bryan Cranston debuts this December.

https://youtu.be/ZJPOla_1Px0

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Your Honor starring Bryan Cranston debuts this December. https://youtu.be/ZJPOla_1Px0

My condolences to Hugh Grant on another Emmy loss.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 345 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.