Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Wolfali, I was not even responding to you. You’d get a notification if I was. I did not even see your comment, in fact. I know you’re trying to level the same words at me that I levelled at you, but pls just stop.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah but did anyone hype up her performance? Did anyone say it was going to be undeniable or anything? No. It was just some people were saying that they think she COULD win.

And anyhow even if they did how is it any different than you saying she won’t win unless she “really delivers” in performance. I mean that’s like trying to create bad buzz for a performance in a season that hasn’t been seen yet.

Anyway I’ll leave it there.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Wolfali and Luca should win best Drama Series chile

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am not creating bad buzz; I am holding her to the same standard that everyone else is held to. Claire Foy won for the second season because her performance was that undeniable; I need to see Olivia give a performance that is on such a level to predict her for the win. That’s all I was saying. Creating all this hype by saying she’s practically a “lock” at next year’s ceremony — which you didn’t say, but others have — isn’t doing her any favors but creating unfair sky-high expectations once again, which, I will repeat, is one of the reasons why her performance wasn’t as warmly received as one expected. I am genuinely looking forward to The Crown’s fourth season as I have said before. I adore Colman, but I also want her to win for a knockout performance. Can we leave it at this though? The 2020 Emmys ended yesterday; it’s too early for this.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Right now it’s impossible to think the winner of comedy categories and I’m loving it. Remember the times Game of Thrones had to win regardless of its quality, Julia Louis-Dreyfus was a default winner…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think unless Maisel returns and delivers an undeniable season our frontrunners are Pen15The Great and InsecureWhat We Do in the Shadows isn’t returning on time, Pen15 has raves for its second season and already broke through in Writing for its first, more and more people in the industry watch The Great by the day and as much as people will tell you otherwise Insecure going from 1 to 8 noms (including a Series nom) and winning Editing over Schitt’s and Maisel shows how it has potential at winning Series.

At the moment (in terms of the nom) I’m ranking the Comedy series nominees like this in my first post Emmys 2020 predictions for 2021 :

1. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)
    2. Russian Doll (Netflix)
    3. Insecure (HBO)
    4. Pen15 (Hulu)
    5. Ramy (Hulu)
    6. The Great (Hulu)
    7. Dead to Me (Netflix)
    8. Cobra Kai (Netflix)

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I think unless Maisel returns and delivers an undeniable season our frontrunners are Pen15, The Great and Insecure. What We Do in the Shadows isn’t returning on time, Pen15 has raves for its second season and already broke through in Writing for its first, more and more people in the industry watch The Great by the day and as much as people will tell you otherwise Insecure going from 1 to 8 noms (including a Series nom) and winning Editing over Schitt’s and Maisel shows how it has potential at winning Series. At the moment (in terms of the nom) I’m ranking the Comedy series nominees like this in my first post Emmys 2020 predictions for 2021 : 1. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) 2. Russian Doll (Netflix) 3. Insecure (HBO) 4. Pen15 (Hulu) 5. Ramy (Hulu) 6. The Great (Hulu) 7. Dead to Me (Netflix) 8. Cobra Kai (Netflix)

I’m actually skeptical towards many shows returning that includes drama contenders as well.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m actually skeptical towards many shows returning that includes drama contenders as well.

Well Pen15 and Cobra Kai are confirmed. Maisel and Insecure are set to start shooting soon. Ramy Youssef said they’re trying to restart production at the end of the year. The Great is set to start shooting again in November (which is when it shot its first season) but then again considering we could be going into a lockdown soon in the UK I don’t know if that will happen.

The big unknowns are Russian Doll and Dead to Me. Russian Doll was about to start shooting before the shutdown so I’m assuming it will start again soon.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Chloe Sevigny in ‘We are who we are’ for supporting actress in a limited series needs to happen.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Chloe Sevigny in ‘We are who we are’ for supporting actress in a limited series needs to happen.

Not happening unless people catch up on it like Euphoria.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Do you guys think WandaVision has a chance in limited?! The trailer looked amazing and if the show is that good, I could see something in line with The Mandalorian. Plus, Elizabeth Olsen could also have a shot. Scarlett Witch is a fan favorite and her performance could be something quite in line with Martha Marcy May Marlene. For which she shouldve won an Oscar.

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

Right now it’s impossible to think the winner of comedy categories

I think Barry will win if it is released in the eligibility period.

Plus, Elizabeth Olsen could also have a shot

She should’ve at least been nominated for Sorry for Your Loss.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Do you guys think WandaVision has a chance in limited?! The trailer looked amazing and if the shows is that good, I could see something in line with The Mandalorian. Plus, Elizabeth Olsen could also have a shot. Scarlett Witch is becoming a fan favorite and her performance could be something quite in line with Martha Marcy May Marlene. For which she shouldve won an Oscar.

I was going to say that I’m not sure whether The Mandalorian being recognized in drama has paved the way for other Disney+ originals or made it harder. That being said, The Mandalorian was dismissed by us as it was simply a generic mainstream Disney/Marvel entity presented as a series this time, though that does not seem to be the case with WandaVision which seems something experimental. If this is something embraced by the audience and Disney+ has an intention of being an awards player hence runs a campaign I can see it leading to something.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Wolfali and Luca should win best Drama Series chile

The question here which one will win best actor. Vote splitting, maybe?

Not happening unless people catch up on it like Euphoria.

I agree, I think the show is too “indie” for the Emmys.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do you guys think WandaVision has a chance in limited?! The trailer looked amazing and if the show is that good, I could see something in line with The Mandalorian. Plus, Elizabeth Olsen could also have a shot. Scarlett Witch is a fan favorite and her performance could be something quite in line with Martha Marcy May Marlene. For which she shouldve won an Oscar.

I think it’s one to watch surprise at the Globes.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.