Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Based on the victories, would it be reasonable to assume that Euphoria and The Morning Show can replace Better Call Saul and Killing Eve at the 2021 Emmy Outstanding Drama Series? (BCS and KE will certainly not be able to return in time).

Of course, there is also Pose and This is Us returning.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Based on the victories, would it be reasonable to assume that Euphoria and The Morning Show can replace Better Call Saul and Killing Eve at the 2021 Emmy Outstanding Drama Series? (BCS and KE will certainly not be able to return in time). Of course, there is also Pose and This is Us returning.

I think Euphoria for certain. It’s starting to film in October and considering how Sam Levinson managed to shoot a whole film during a pandemic I think this will get back in on time. I actually think Euphoria can be top 4 next time just like I think if it returns on time The Great can be Comedy Series win competitive. More and more people are watching their shows and its arguable that they are going through their peaks now as opposed to with Succession and Ozark where they have peaked in the amount of nominations (although I won’t be surprised if Succession breaks The West Wing’s record for its next season for most acting nominations by a Drama ever).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Indiewire just confirmed that Euphoria S2 won’t start shooting until 2021 (they’re doing a covid special before that, however). Hence, I don’t think Zendaya will be eligible next year. Elisabeth Moss, pls pull through for that nom again!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Do you guys think WandaVision has a chance in limited?! The trailer looked amazing and if the show is that good, I could see something in line with The Mandalorian. Plus, Elizabeth Olsen could also have a shot. Scarlett Witch is a fan favorite and her performance could be something quite in line with Martha Marcy May Marlene. For which she shouldve won an Oscar.

It can, but its path for a nom is harder (5 slots vs 8). Same thing for Olsen.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Indiewire just confirmed that Euphoria S2 won’t start shooting until 2021 (they’re doing a covid special before that, however).

Oh ok. I read they were filming in October. My bad!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Indiewire just confirmed that Euphoria S2 won’t start shooting until 2021 (they’re doing a covid special before that, however). Hence, I don’t think Zendaya will be eligible next year.

Too bad, I can’t imagine them being able to film and edit eight episodes in that period of time.

So far, only The Crown and The Mandalorian remain 100% confirmed to be elegible. I believe that The Handmaid’s Tale will also be released in time. Succession and Ozark… maybe, if They really start before the end of this year. Stranger Things… i’m not so sure, with all the VFX.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m guessing they are gonna keep Euphoria in its summer slot then, which worked wonders in term of buzz. I’m assuming they will also give it a 9pm slot this time, and they probably want to give the 9pm slot in spring to succession.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Let’s get Hunter Schafer and Sydney Sweeney those supp. actress noms next please!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I wonder if season 4 of Fargo will continue the trend of bringing back characters from old seasons. If that happens we may see it being moved into Drama by Academy..

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

I hope Euphoria will step up in terms of quality. It’s a promising show and with an emmy-winning lead it should be expected. Thinking about it, Zendaya’s win isn’t all that bad even if I rooted for Laura Linney. She did well, even better than what the script gave her and wow for the first time an actress winning for a teen show. She broke barriers for drama actresses under 25 hahaha but I hope this won’t create a trend of young popularity.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Multiple winning performances that shall still be eligible in the future (at some point):

Comedy Alex Borstein

Kate McKinnon

Allison Janney

Bill Hader

Drama Ron Cephas Jones

Julia Garner

It’ll be interesting to see who makes it a triple.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Multiple winning performances that shall still be eligible in the future (at some point):

Drama

Julia Garner

Julia defeated Dern, Streep and Carter. She’ll probably win for the second part of the last season of Ozark. The question is: will she win for the first part?

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Julia defeated Dern, Streep and Carter. She’ll probably win for the second part of the last season of Ozark. The question is: will she win for the first part?

Well if she is the next Aaron Paul, I would say no.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

The nominations Euphoria received this year were very well deserved, but the show itself isn’t really worthy of a series nomination and I doubt it gets in next time. It’s a teen drama after all. Zendaya got in thanks to the current climate and the crafts tend to recognize smaller shows, which is why I don’t see signs of broader support.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I wonder if season 4 of Fargo will continue the trend of bringing back characters from old seasons. If that happens we may see it being moved into Drama by Academy..

I don’t think Fargo will have a season like Apocalypse.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.