Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Will we see the eligibility period extended a la the Oscars? If shows are having trouble going back into production, I could totally see them extending the season to the end of summer and having a December ceremony.

I wouldn’t even mind because the thought of having to cover the Emmys and Oscars at once sounds nightmarish.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

And the pessimistic scenario (i.e. nothing films until early next year) :

Away and Love, Victor coming for those sweeps.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Gilded Age will probably be put on hold to air in fall 2021. They will have fear of another shutdown and not have anything to air. I’m sure Hbo will stockpile certain shows just in case.

I said once and I said it again . I don’t see Maisel been ready at minimum May.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gilded Age will probably be put on hold to air in fall 2021. They will have fear of another shutdown and not have anything to air. I’m sure Hbo will stockpile certain shows just in case. I said once and I said it again . I don’t see Maisel been ready at minimum May.

I disagree with both of these. HBO is already trying to start shooting the GoT prequel and Westworld soon so it probably will have that for fall 2021 and if Succession doesn’t make it back on time what else is HBO going to have? The Gilded Age seems to be that show that is their second/backup priority if Succession misses.

I think considering the amount of money Amazon is putting in to make sure Maisel can start filming and how the situation of Covid in New York seems to be getting better for productions to return that Maisel can return but then again it’s 50/50 and it’s quite possible that Amazon decide to hold it so it can have a November/December 2021 release.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Euphoria will not return in time. Word is they’ll film early 2021, I assume with a fall or winter 2021 release. Apparently they’re currently filming a “special COVID episode” (whatever the hell that means), but obviously it won’t be enough to get the show into main categories. Though I suppose they could get into the limited categories if the episode is long enough…

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Casey Bloys confirmed today to Deadline that casting for House of the Dragon is ongoing, and that “the drama is still on track for a 2022 launch.”

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I have a suspicious feeling next year is not going to be super packed.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a suspicious feeling next year is not going to be super packed.

The entire ensemble of The Crown including footman #1 are probably going to be nominated and Black-ish is going to break Schitt’s record of most comedy wins lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Just a few years ago, they packed the supporting categories with 5 SNL players. They can fill em up again with the election season and everything.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be that hard.

• Incumbent nominees Thompson, McKinnon & Strong ✅
    • Presidental impersonators Baldwin, Carrey & Rudolph ✅
    • Previous nominee Aidy Bryant ✅
    • Standouts / Overdue players Yang & Beckett ✅

Worst covid-case scenario there’s 6-10 SNL players in supporting.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

The entire ensemble of The Crown including footman #1 are probably going to be nominated and Black-ish is going to break Schitt’s record of most comedy wins lol.

Finally the mother of Black Hollywood would get her flowers.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Baranski is gonna be next year’s Reese, huh?

Don’t kill my hope just one day into the new Emmy season…

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Tentative October production dates set for Pose, Impeachment.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/ryan-murphy-9-1-1-lone-star-impeachment-american-crime-story-pose-tentative-production-start-dates-ratched-ratings-1234581467/amp/

How on earth does Ryan Murphy plan to shoot 5 different shows in the middle of a pandemic?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Different production team, different cast, different writers, I don’t see why not?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Away and Love, Victor coming for those sweeps.

Let’s get the show’s MVP, Rachel Hilson, a supporting actress nom!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.