Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Different production team, different cast, different writers, I don’t see why not?

Yes but he’s a producer on all 5 and is a director on around 4 of them if I’m not mistaken. Something’s got to give. I mean it’s not like he can easily travel to do all these things in the middle of a pandemic.

He’s also got American Horror Stories too so that’s 6.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I wouldn’t even mind because the thought of having to cover the Emmys and Oscars at once sounds nightmarish.

I don’t think Emmys will actually do, but it would be better for them to adapt the yearly eligibility period. For example, it had been more than a year since Euphoria aired and I almost forgot what exactly Zendaya won for. They won’t do because of the broadcast networks’ schedule but they also moved on from nominating them!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I did one of these chronicling the Lead Actress race this time last year. Here’s my version for this year –

Just before the Premiere of The Crown

Olivia Colman: Haha I am finally winning my Emmy! I’ve got super baity material this time, my competitors don’t look like they’re returning and our season is the frontrunner for Drama Series!

The Gilded Age Sets a Production Start Date

Christine Baranski: I’m about to end this British woman’s whole career…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just noticed a pattern for the Comedy Series winners post Veep :

Globes : The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (December 2018 release)
    SAG : The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (December 2018 release)
    Critics Choice : The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (December 2018 release)
    Emmys : Fleabag (May 2019 release)

Globes : Fleabag (incumbent Emmy winner)
    SAG : The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (December 2019 release)
    Critics Choice : Fleabag (incumbent Emmy winner)
    Emmys : Schitt’s Creek (April 2020 release)
    DGA : Barry (March 2019)
    WGA : Barry (March 2019)

The fact that Atlanta arrived in Spring 2018 and still lost to Maisel speaks for how unlikely it’s going to win Series if it didn’t win then but I think if MaiselBarry, InsecureThe Great etc have Spring release dates this time round it’s going to be a very interesting race. The fact that Maisel did so well at SAG with a more recent release date and that Barry did so well at DGA and WGA regardless of its release date in 2019 might foreshadows how if they return on time the Covid situation can benefit them greatly.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Might have already seen the winning tape for drama supporting actress in my personal awards. (Still need to post my 2020 awards.)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Might have already seen the winning tape for drama supporting actress in my personal awards. (Still need to post my 2020 awards.)

Damn…

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Gabriel (gabspss)
    Topics:

Riley, make your SAG predictions. Please.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Is it from a screener?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is it from a screener?

Gosh I assumed it was from a screener and from The Crown. Now I just realised he literally could have seen anything.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just saw the trailer for Industry and if it’s as good as the trailer suggests could we be underestimating it? Sure I know The EddyStateless and The Third Day haven’t been great examples but it’s premiering at the London Film Festival this month so it has the prestige factor, Lena Dunham is directing the pilot so she can easily happen à la Adam McKay imo and in a year where Euphoria is missing eligibility and so is The Morning Show probably I can see this show picking up votes from both voters because it looks like Euphoria meets The Morning Show meets Succession.

Plus it’s socially relevant.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Gosh I assumed it was from a screener and from The Crown. Now I just realised he literally could have seen anything.

What other drama screeners could it be? (actually asking) Seems to me the question is not if its from the Crown, but WHO it is from the Crown.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What other drama screeners could it be? (actually asking) Seems to me the question is not if its from the Crown, but WHO it is from the Crown.

Industry? I doubt it’s Utopia as Riley says he has no plan to watch the screeners.

It might not necessarily be a screener though. Riley could have just been catching up on Lovecraft CountryPerry Mason or We Are Who We Are and decided on his personal favourite supporting actress and just to say with no disrespect to Riley because his taste is excellent (even better than the Academy’s most of the time) but just because he likes a performance or a performer has the winning tape for him it does not mean they will win the Emmy. After all Alison Brie and Gugu Mbatha-Raw were in his top 10 of performances and they weren’t even nominated!

Although yeah I do think its a screener of something hence why Riley is keeping quiet. I assumed it was The Crown because he mentioned he had gotten half the episodes and was about to start watching. The only other thing I can think he’s talking about is Fargo and Jessie Buckley and that he’s maybe thinking it will go Drama this year but idk.

Profile picture
    montana82
    Topics:

For those wondering Riley has The Crown Season 4 screener so it’s probably Anderson. Or Corrin. Poor HBC.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Not my predictions but Gillian Anderson is totally winning. I would place my super bet right now if I could.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.