Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 228 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 3.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Could next year set a record for first time nominations, if the reigning champs are out of the picture? They can’t possibly fill all slots with the few returning shows, so we’re bound to see plenty of shows that are new/haven’t been recognized before. Imo that alone makes the field wider than it has been before, I think we could very well see some unknowns break in.

rubbish

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

I May Destroy You + Michaela Coel for mini series

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

I May Destroy You + Michaela Coel for mini series

Hell yea, Coel v Kidman is a battle I’d like to see

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am 100% rooting for The Crown season 4 to sweep the Drama categories if Succession and Ozark are missing but if we learnt anything from this year it’s to watch out for surprises. After all we thought Maisel was the frontrunner this time last year and not Schitt’s.

Saying this now sounds crazy but I can seriously see a scenario where This is Us (which I don’t think will be anywhere near winning Series) gets into Writing. It’s the feel good type of show and with Ozark and The Morning Show potentially missing and Killing Eve, Better Call Saul and Euphoria definitely missing what else is there apart from Stranger Things, The Crown and Succession and maybe The Handmaid’s Tale?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

Can someone explain what is happening exactly with the final season of Ozark? I heard they’re splitting it in half and releasing each half separately, so does that mean it will compete with a half season for 2 years whenever it is released?

Also will they film the entire last season at once or will they film each half separately? It could come back faster if they only have to film half of a typical season right?

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Can someone explain what is happening exactly with the final season of Ozark? I heard they’re splitting it in half and releasing each half separately, so does that mean it will compete with a half season for 2 years whenever it is released?

Yes, basically two shorter seasons, maybe they are released not that far from each other since they are filming back to back, but release still in different award seasons

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Yes, basically two shorter seasons, maybe they are released not that far from each other since they are filming back to back, but release still in different award seasons

Why don’t they just call them seasons 4 and 5, just with fewer episodes? 5 is a much neater number than 4.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Interested to see how well streamers do next year. I mean despite the cards being aligned for them this year they went from 10 acting wins to only 2.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There is emptiness next year 💀…

Profile picture
    Rich Landry
    Topics:

Rachel Brosnahan posted on instagram she is doing her costume fittings today. Perhaps Mrs. Maisel could sneak in under the wire in May?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rachel Brosnahan posted on instagram she is doing her costume fittings today. Perhaps Mrs. Maisel could sneak in under the wire in May?

This is what I’ve been saying. The Palladinos said they are starting filming soon and that they will have less shooting time because they won’t be doing bits like they did in the opener and will be doing lots of post on the show to make it more suited to its authentic style.

If Amazon release this on time it could do very well considering the lack of Supporting contenders although Brosnahan still probably won’t win a second Emmy. Urgh.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Does anyone have a list of shows that are definitely going to eligible and shows that are definitely NOT going to be eligible?

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

This isn’t a great list, and if there are any mistakes please correct me, but this is what I could find. Shows under confirmed are only ones that have release dates.

CONFIRMED TO RETURN: Black-ish, The Crown, The Mandalorian, PEN15, Saturday Night Live

PROBABLY MAKING IT: Black Monday, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Handmaid’s Tale, Insecure, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Pose, Russian Doll, Stranger Things, This Is Us

ON THE CUSP: Better Things, Dead to Me, Modern Love, Ozark, Ramy, Succession

NOT LOOKING GOOD: Barry, Better Call Saul, Bodyguard, GLOW, The Great, Killing Eve, The Kominsky Method, Master of None, The Morning Show, What We Do in the Shadows

CONFIRMED TO NOT RETURN: Atlanta, Euphoria, Westworld

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I would put Succession on the cusp (it has less episodes to film and New York seems to be in a better situatuon right now), Maisel as probably making it in (I mean it’s already in pre-production) and The Morning Show as in danger (they only have one or two episodes shot and it took them 9 months to shoot the last season).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.