Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 228 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s honestly baffling how new shows dissapointed in different ways. This season is going to be very interesting.

Yeah. Like I said before I think Pose and This is Us are returning to the Series lineup because of how these new shows disappointed. Especially if The Morning Show, Succession and Ozark miss eligibility.

I just posted my Globes predictions and I’m really finding it hard to predict Drama Actress, Drama Series and all the Limited and Supporting categories. I feel like in Drama Series we’re headed for a lineup of The Crown, Industry, Killing Eve, Ozark and The Mandalorian and in Actress a line up of Colman, Comer, Linney, Paulson and Oh but those feel to simple for the Globes. Maybe Killing Eve faces a shut out? Maybe it even gets Shaw in?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think Pose and This is Us are returning to the Series lineup because of how these new shows disappointed

THT will get in before those two easily. I can’t believe people continue to disregard it. All three will probably get in, but THT has better odds IMO. Of course, something could happen and it might not be eligible after all — but I doubt it.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I think The Handmaid’s Tale is getting in if it delivers a good season and airs at the right time plus if Trump gets elected again there’s always the political aspect helping it.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

plus if Trump gets elected again there’s always the political aspect helping it.

Don’t even — Aunt Lydia is already being let into the Supreme Court, so it can’t get much worse (well, it can).

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

wolfali wrote: “I think Pose and This is Us are returning to the Series lineup because of how these new shows disappointed” THT will get in before those two easily. I can’t believe people continue to disregard it. All three will probably get in, but THT has better odds IMO. Of course, something could happen and it might not be eligible after all — but I doubt it.

How am I disregarding The Handmaid’s Tale? Did I say The Handmaid’s Tale is not getting in? I mentioned This is Us and Pose returning because they had been dropped from the Series lineup. IMO Handmaid’s is easily getting in next year unless the next season is a critical dud.

I mean I know you like the show but chill.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

If I counted correctly, SNL is currently tied with Mary Tyler Moore for Comedy acting wins with 15 apiece. Given recent history, I assume it’ll sail past that.

(There’s also 3 variety acting wins pre-2008.)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So even if Aniston and Linney get back in on time we’re definitely having a first time nominee for a performance in this category because we’ll only have five previous nominees eligible as Comer, Oh and Zendaya are definitely missing.

So the question is who is definitely going to become a first time nominee for their performance (whether in a new show or continuing one) next year? Baranski? Maslany? Nixon? Paulson? Smollett? I’m currently betting on Baranski and Nixon and if The Gilded Age misses then Paulson.

However I really think MJ Rodriguez can pull a Mandy Moore/Tatiana Maslany and get a nomination due to both more visibility and a weaker field if Pose returns on time. Especially if The Gilded Age misses. I love Baranski and am rooting for her for THE WIN because she’s overdue and it’s virtually impossible she’ll give a bad performance but what concerns me about her (and about Ted Danson as well) is that despite them being well respected they couldn’t even win for performances that were seen as their career best (in The Good Wife and The Good Place) and haven’t won Emmys since the early 90s.

On a separate note I see people predicting Ann Dowd to get in over Alexis Bledel/Samira Wiley next year and I have to ask why? I mean don’t get me wrong Dowd is the second most deserving supporting actress on the show but to me it seems like Wiley/Bledel are the Baranski to Dowd’s Panjabi and that Whitford is the Cumming to Fiennes’ Charles.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just realised how many Oscar nominated filmmakers are going to be in the directing races next year (not saying all of these will be nominated as I’m already not considering one of them) :

– Susanne Bier
    – Luca Guadagnino
    – Barry Jenkins
    – Spike Lee
    – Steve McQueen

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I just realised how many Oscar nominated filmmakers are going to be in the directing races next year (not saying all of these will be nominated as I’m already not considering one of them) : – Susanne Bier – Luca Guadagnino – Barry Jenkins – Spike Lee – Steve McQueen

Being an Oscar nominee or winner doesn’t mean anything in writing and directing. Kenneth Lonergan, Luke Davies, Morten Tyldum, and Damien Chazelle were all not nominated due to the low buzz of their projects. Spike Lee and Luca Guadagnino already seem like nonfactors.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Being an Oscar nominee or winner doesn’t mean anything in writing and directing. Kenneth Lonergan, Luke Davies, Morten Tyldum, and Damien Chazelle were all not nominated due to the low buzz of their projects. Spike Lee and Luca Guadagnino already seem like nonfactors.

I know. I was just noting how many high profile names are shifting to television.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Succession doesn’t return I’m probably going to go all out rooting for The Crown but it would be funny if The Handmaid’s Tale delivered an acclaimed season and becomes as poignant as the first season and beats The Crown again lol.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

That might actually happen since THT S3 wasn’t actually bad, it just dragged out way too long in the middle (those final three episodes were some of the best reproduced)… Then there’s added factor that the real life Serena Joy might be sworn into the SCOTUS. (I pray to every deity I’m wrong on the last part)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That might actually happen

I was jk. I highly doubt The Handmaid’s Tale wins over The Crown again when The Crown has WAY more buzz than it and was ahead of it pretty much in every category both were nominated in.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

That might actually happen since THT S3 wasn’t actually bad, it just dragged out way too long in the middle (those final three episodes were some of the best reproduced)… Then there’s added factor that the real life Serena Joy might be sworn into the SCOTUS. (I pray to every deity I’m wrong on the last part)

And the most disturbing thing is that the women from the cult were literally called ‘handmaidens’. But once The Handmaid’s Tale became a hit, they changed the names to avoid any links between the cult and the show.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Then there’s added factor that the real life Serena Joy might be sworn into the SCOTUS. (I pray to every deity I’m wrong on the last part)

Kinda want to move to Canada when this happens like the show yeah.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.