Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 228 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

The Good Lord Bird is getting rave reviews and the critics are especially praising Ethan Hawke’s performance.

Ethan Hawke has never disappointed. One of the finest actors of our time & he deserves more recognition/ praise/ accolades tbh

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So despite Garner saying prior that Inventing Anna will resume production on its last episodes after Ozark finishes production the show has resumed production today.

If released on time I’m assuming this is going to be Netflix’s big Spring series push in comparison to Netflix’s Autumn push for The Queen’s Gambit à la When They See Us to Maniac and Hollywood/Unorthodox to Unbelievable.

Considering the shows currently in production unless there is another lockdown in New York at the end of the year we could have a very competitive Lead Actress in a Limited Series/Movie field nominations wise :

– Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You
    – Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment
    – Julia Garner, Inventing Anna
    – Lily James, The Pursuit of Love
    – Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    – Kate Mara, A Teacher
    – Thuso Mbedu, The Underground Railroad
    – Julianne Moore, Lisey’s Story
    – Margaret Qualley, Maid
    – Anya Taylor-Joy, The Queen’s Gambit
    – Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown
    – Letitia Wright, Small Axe : Mangrove
    – Zendaya, Euphoria : Special

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

The cast for Inventing Anna is great, but uh I  don’t know how much faith I have in Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers, and David Frankel.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The cast for Inventing Anna is great, but uh I don’t know how much faith I have in Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers, and David Frankel.

I’m sure if campaigned and released on time that Garner is getting a nomination regardless.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Julia Garner walking to her third Emmy award.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

No wonder she’s the favourite to play Madonna, even in just a still of her crossing the road, she expertly captures that “Bitch I’m Madonna” / “Rule the World” presence.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Lol Garner is gonna have such a great career. That’s a winning role right there. I doubt she wins a third Emmy so soon, unless it’s for Ozark, but if Inventing Anna is good it’ll be hard not to predict her.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Yeah I can see Garner and Chlumsky in Limited Actress and S. Actress, they have the rapport and the skill. Don’t know how big of a role Laverne Cox has. Considering how much Hollywood overperformed Netflix had better push this hard. The Academy can make it up to Chlumsky for never awarding her Amy Brookheimer.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I need Chlumsky to win

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

This is also about as different of a role from Ruth as Garner could have taken lol, which should bode well for her Emmy chances.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The fact this category will have just 5 nominees again…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Julia Garner walking to her third Emmy award.

Am I the only one who thinks she looks a LOT like Kaitlyn Dever here?!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly it would be such a dream if these ended up being the winners next year!

Drama Actress : Christine Baranski, The Gilded Age
    Drama S. Actress : Gillian Anderson, The Crown
    Comedy Actress : Sandra Oh, The Chair (GIVE HER A FRICKING EMMY!)
    Comedy S. Actress : Maya Rudolph, Saturday Night Live
    Limited/Movie Actress : Julia Garner, Inventing Anna
    Limited/Movie S. Actress : Anna Chlumsky, Inventing Anna (see message in brackets next to Oh!)

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I need Chlumsky to win

I watched her on Hannibal and was very impressed with her acting in a serious drama since I only know her from Veep. She’s super talented. She deserves to lead a show like Rachel Brosnahan did after House of Cards.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I watched her on Hannibal and was very impressed with her acting in a serious drama since I only know her from Veep. She’s super talented. She deserves to lead a show like Rachel Brosnahan did after House of Cards.

She’s in Hannibal?

Well now I know what I’m bingeing next week lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.