Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 228 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The fact that Limited Series looks more competitive in 2021 than this year despite there having been a pandemic…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Alan Arkin will not return to Season 3 of The Kominsky Method: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/alan-arkin-the-kominsky-method-exit-1234781226/

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

With Veep gone, Curb and Barry missing, Insecure possibly missing, is HBO going to put its forces behind Avenue 5 for comedy nominations? I feel like S1 lost buzz because the underwhelming start, it floundered in the first half, but regained its footing towards the end. Ianucci is a brilliant comedy writer. On paper, it has the necessary ingredients.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just realise Elizabeth is Missing is premiering on January 3 in the States on PBS. Sure PBS has been a non factor recently outside of Wolf Hall and Downton Abbey but if some voters watch it then Glenda Jackson is a threat for the win.

Look at how competitive Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie will be (and yes as deserving as they are I’m not including Peet and Strahovski as whilst they might do well at the Globes or CC they’re going to be forgotten)…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Amount of nominees in each category eligible for next year.

(Assuming on-the-cusp shows The Kominsky Method, Killing Eve, and The Morning Show miss eligibility.)

COMEDY SERIES: 3/8

DRAMA SERIES: 6/8

COMEDY ACTOR: 3/6
    No news on the rest of Black Monday’s season, but since it’s shortened and they already have it all written, I think they can make it happen.

COMEDY ACTRESS: 5/6

DRAMA ACTOR: 5/6
    (Carell has been teased to be in The Morning Show season two, but it seems as though he won’t be there in a big capacity, so I’m assuming he will be supporting or guest if he does come back.)

DRAMA ACTRESS: 2/6

COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTOR: 3/8
    (Haven’t seen Ramy so I don’t know if seems Ali had a one-season role but I’ll assume he’s in season three. Also edited to include the Alan Arkin news that I only saw after I typed this out lol.)

COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTRESS: 5/8

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR: 4/8

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS: 4/8

Only Drama Actor and Drama Supporting Actress will have their winners return.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Alan Arkin will not return to Season 3 of The Kominsky Method: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/alan-arkin-the-kominsky-method-exit-1234781226/

Ok I don’t like this show (only seen the first season and it was meh) but first Mom continues without Faris and now this? Yes Douglas is there but no one gives a toss about him.

With Veep gone, Curb and Barry missing, Insecure possibly missing, is HBO going to put its forces behind Avenue 5 for comedy nominations? I feel like S1 lost buzz because the underwhelming start, it floundered it the first half, but regained its footing towards the end. Ianucci is a brilliant comedy writer. On paper, it has the necessary ingredients.

Insecure is about to have table reads so I assume they’re starting to film soon and could be back in time.

The question for me is if Truth Seekers is acclaimed or a dud because that would tell me whether Amazon is going to make sure Maisel gets back on time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Amount of nominees in each category eligible for next year. (Assuming on-the-cusp shows The Kominsky Method, Killing Eve, and The Morning Show miss eligibility.) COMEDY SERIES: 3/8 DRAMA SERIES: 6/8 COMEDY ACTOR: 3/6 No news on the rest of Black Monday’s season, but since it’s shortened and they already have it all written, I think they can make it happen. COMEDY ACTRESS: 5/6 DRAMA ACTOR: 5/6 (Carell has been teased to be in The Morning Show season two, but it seems as though he won’t be there in a big capacity, so I’m assuming he will be supporting or guest if he does come back.) DRAMA ACTRESS: 2/6 COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTOR: 3/8 (Haven’t seen Ramy so I don’t know if seems Ali had a one-season role but I’ll assume he’s in season three. Also edited to include the Alan Arkin news that I only saw after I typed this out lol.) COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTRESS: 5/8 DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR: 4/8 DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS: 4/8 Only Drama Actor and Drama Supporting Actress will have their winners return.

Don’t you have Ozark and Succession as on the cusp shows?

Also Curb Your Enthusiasm is premiering next fall so it will be missing.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I do, but I think they’re more likely to return than the other on-the-cusp contenders, seeing as how they have production dates starting soon while those others seem like they’ll have a longer road to filming.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Next year will be a very interesting one. No show looks set to have an undeniable final season like Fleabag and Schitt’s so I guess we will finally find out if 20 time Emmy winner Maisel can win Series again. Because I imagine next years race may end up being Maisel vs Insecure vs Pen15.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If Insecure suddenly announces season five will be their last, the race is over.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

No one could make that show’s second season a series nominee except for Netflix and their campaign. I also don’t understand why they designated it over something like GLOW or Sex Education which could make a splash at more categories.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Well I imagine the show’s fans will be pretty upset about this, but I personally don’t know anyone who watches it.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Insecure suddenly announces season five will be their last, the race is over.

Yeah lol.

But with no final seasons likely to happen in this eligibility period (I mean even if Dead to Me makes it in on time it’s quite clear that not many TV Academy voters care for the show outside the performances of Applegate and Cardellini from the fact it was one of the most popular shows during quarantine and had just won WGA but then got snubbed by the writers and everyone else apart from Casting and for Linda and Christina) it looks like this is Maisel vs Insecure (vs Pen15 if it breaks through with actors).

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

After seeing the new trailer for The Undoing, someone caught my eye and I had to do some googling.

Ismael Cruz Córdova looks good on that trailer. I’ll watch out for his performance.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Watch out for Noma Dumzweni doing a Ben Whishaw at the Globes if The Undoing does well.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.