Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 228 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

The way Netflix and Apple got the same number of Primetime Emmys this year… One just launched last year and the other has tens of thousands of hours of programming over a decade…

rubbish

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

The way Netflix and Apple got the same number of Primetime Emmys this year… One just launched last year and the other has tens of thousands of hours of programming over a decade…

Netflix won 21 Primetime Emmys, Apple won 1. But I think u r talking about the main cerimony, where Netflix actually won 2 (directing and actress in a supporting role).

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

How reasonable is it to expect Apple original shows to be Emmy hits at this point? I know TMS was, but its popularity at awards shows always looked fishy to me considering the lukewarm critical response and the fact that nobody really watches Apple TV+. I’ve always thought the only reason the Emmys embraced it was because of the industry individuals involved.

It’s a new show and someone from it actually won which means they definitely watched it. Not to mention the unexpected Directing nomination.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Netflix won 21 Primetime Emmys, Apple won 1. But I think u r talking about the main cerimony, where Netflix actually won 2 (directing and actress in a supporting role).

I meant above the line. I forgot about Unorthodox, so you’re right Netflix won 2 while Apple won 1. Still funny.

rubbish

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Even though majority of Apple shows were dissapointments to me I’m really excited for Lisey’s Story. The show is written by Stephen King himself and directed by Pablo Larrain (Jackie) and has a killer cast led by Julianne Moore.

Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

Glenda Jackson was nominated for the International Emmy this year… can she be nominated for the 2021 Emmy for the same role?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-leads-2020-international-emmy-nominations

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

How reasonable is it to expect Apple original shows to be Emmy hits at this point?

The only AppleTV show I see being big hit next year is Ted Lasso. Its getting much more buzz with each new episode, and it has more critical acclaim then most of AppleTV’s originals, including Morning Show.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Glenda Jackson was nominated for the International Emmy this year… can she be nominated for the 2021 Emmy for the same role?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-leads-2020-international-emmy-nominations

I don’t know! It’s weird because this is a case of how they’ve nominated someone for a performance that would theoretically be eligible but it hasn’t aired in the States yet (which Elizabeth is Missing will).

Honestly it will be a shame if it was ineligible because I could see her ending up at worst like Hugh Jackman and the film winning TV Movie because of the buzz of her arrival on television.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anya Taylor Joy might be this year’s Joey King/Shira Haas.

Looks good but she also may end up being this year’s Kaitlyn Dever…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Some news:

• Jason Isaacs and Jemima Kirke in Sex Education Season 3
    • In Treatment Season 4 starts production in November
    • On Becoming a God in Central Florida starts production in January
    • Outlander Season 6 starts production in January, so the show will not be eligible at the Gold Derby TV Awards 2021…
    • What We Do in the Shadows Season 3 starts production in January

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html?m=1

Profile picture
    Topics:

If WWDITS ends up filming in January, I don’t see how it doesn’t at least make the May 31st premiere deadline.

And Sex Education S3 must be coming back in early 2021. I can totally see it in Best Comedy, S. Actor (Gatwa), G. Actor (Isaacs) at least. Its chances of finally breaking through are heightened- less competition, increased momentum, more acclaim, the Academy seemingly being more receptive to teen shows. Wonder if Gillian Anderson could be lucky enough to get double nominations in Drama and Comedy S. Actress, or if that’s too radical after a decade of snubs.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Topics:

Is hoping for On Becoming A God In Central Florida to get Dunst a Comedy Actress win too much…

rubbish

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Wonder if Gillian Anderson could be lucky enough to get double nominations in Drama and Comedy S. Actress, or if that’s too radical after a decade of snubs.

She could end up like those performers who are expected to win for one role and the goodwill translates to another nomination for them as their shows sole representation (Bateman, Dowd, Janney, anyone whose hosted SNL).

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

In Treatment Season 4 starts production in November

So it will be a new season instead of a reboot, interesting that they didn’t announce this decision (not the news of the reboot but a new season).

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.