Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 228 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

If people are predicting Ozark to miss eligibility then they also should rule Succession out. The former not only is starting production sooner than the latter but will also have less episodes to shoot.

Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

Animated Program: the announced black’ish animated episode. Yes, it can be entered in Animated Program along with the series being entered in Comedy Series, although the voice actors cannot enter in the voiceover category if they are also entered for the same character in any of the acting categories.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Unless they have to shut down production, I imagine that Ozark will make eligibility just because it seems unlikely they would want the series finale that will finish filming in 2021 to have to wait two years to compete at the Emmys. And then Julia Garner will have a nice path to a three-peat opposite triple The Crown.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If people are predicting Ozark to miss eligibility then they also should rule Succession out. The former not only is starting production sooner than the latter but will also have less episodes to shoot.

Hmm I understand this but my reasoning for predicting Ozark to miss and Succession to get in is contextual. With Euphoria out for sure I don’t see a situation where HBO doesn’t try to get this or The Gilded Age out on time and also I think due to filming in New York (which has less Covid cases) will have a much easier time to film than Ozark (which I think not only will Netflix keep for the 2022 Emmys if this season of The Crown is as big as we’re expecting it to but they will also have a harder time to film as the situation with filming in Atlanta looks comparatively bleak).

Same with why I have Maisel back in because again it films in New York, according to the Palladinos is starting shooting next month and also has less to film because of how crowd scenes will be cgi-d etc.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And then Julia Garner will have a nice path to a three-peat opposite triple The Crown

Triple 👀…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I guess my hopes for Helena Bonham Carter to be guest eligible died tonight…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I guess my hopes for Helena Bonham Carter to be guest eligible died tonight…

Especially considering Riley only has half the episodes. I can’t wait for people who thought there was no way she would get in to now say there is no way an Actress from The Crown wins.

I do wonder now if the person who he thinks has his personal winning tape is one of Anderson, Corrin or Bonham Carter. Would be hillarious if the three actresses from The Crown he was talking about were Marion Bailey, Erin Doherty and Emerald Fennel LMAO.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Did we know The Gilded Age goes into production next week? Per Variety.

Exciting news. Based on what we know about Succession, I’m sure Gilded Age will be logistically much easier to shoot if it’s all done in NY.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Did we know The Gilded Age goes into production next week? Per Variety.

Exciting news. Based on what we know about Succession, I’m sure Gilded Age will be logistically much easier to shoot if it’s all done in NY.

Yes it had a September production start date.

I am quite confident that HBO will have at least one of The Gilded Age or Succession is making eligibility. HBO needs shows to put on in the Spring and at the moment they only have Mare of Easttown ready. They also need shows to campaign for at the Emmys and I don’t think Perry Mason, Lovecraft Country, His Dark Materials or We Are Who Are will be campaign priorities. I mean theoretically they could have The Nevers ready as there isn’t much of that left to shoot but they haven’t set a production restart date yet and it shoots in London (which here it looks like we’re going into another lockdown soon) and they have lots of post production to do due to being a genre show.

I also feel quite confident that both Nixon and Baranski arr going lead. Although please HBO and CBS keep Baranski safe whilst she’s filming TGF and TGA at the same time! She’s an icon who must be protected at all costs!

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I’ve made my case for Succession missing in the past and I still feel it won’t make it- which will be better for it. Let the Crown/Ozark wrap up, and give the Gilded Age some space to shine, and then swoop in for the big wins in ’22.

I do think Ozark 4A is going to return. I’m not a fan of the choice to do 2 parts of 1 season, and I think it will backfire for them in terms of awards. The impact of a penultimate season this year will be soft, it won’t have a narrative to give it any advantage even in a weaker field and especially not against a very showy season of the Crown. If it had been one concrete final season for the ’21 year, it could have given the Crown a run for its money. 4B will air against fierce competition from returning behemoth Succession, other Drama players like Killing Eve and (albeit much weaker competition) the final season of BCS. It’s probably not winning any of the big 3 awards anymore, and I fear Garner may be the only Acting winner and Ms. Linney’s going to be Headey’d.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I’ve slightly lost interest in The Crown but I really like Gillian Anderson. I have faith in her so I know she’ll deliver a wonderful performance. I hope she does well awards- wise.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unless they have to shut down production, I imagine that Ozark will make eligibility just because it seems unlikely they would want the series finale that will finish filming in 2021 to have to wait two years to compete at the Emmys. And then Julia Garner will have a nice path to a three-peat opposite triple The Crown.

Ozark 4A will have 7 episodes only right? I guess they could pull it off.

Yeah I mean logistically if the cases in Atlanta of Covid cool down then it can make it back in.

However, I think after seeing how the division of their campaigning in the Drama and Limited fields between The Crown and Ozark and Unbelievable and Unorthodox that Netflix led to Cheer with only 3 wins being the show with the most Emmy wins of any of their nominated shows makes me think that they will only push one key contender heavily in both the Drama and Limited fields next year. With them already pushing Inventing Anna back I feel like they’re going all out on The Queen’s Gambit (unless somehow Stateless or Bly Manor gather steam in the winter awards season which seems unlikely) and with The Crown arguably generating the most pre-buzz of any show this year for its fourth season and the most pre-buzz it has ever generated for any season I feel like they will push that as their primary focus next year and delay Ozark 4A for the 2022 Emmys. I mean it seems unlikely that Netflix will have The Crown season 5 ready for the 2022 Emmys anyway.

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

Writing – The Crown vs Succession

Really? I think Succession will be a lock in Writing every year that it is eligible

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Really? I think Succession will be a lock in Writing every year that it is eligible

Well I have The Crown vs Succession only in case Succession misses eligibility because I think The Crown wins Writing if Succession misses eligibility and I also think The Crown is winning WGA.

Otherwise I agree with you. The writers of The CrownOzark and Better Call Saul should just retire if they keep going up against Succession because we know how well the latter one does with writers lol.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Really hoping Amazon pushes for The Boys. It continues to be excellent and the fanbase is growing, so it might surprise.

Let’s Go Bucks

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.