Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 228 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Succession and Ozark miss eligibility and therefore Snook and Garner have to miss eligibility then is there anyone that can win Supporting Actress apart from Anderson or Corrin. If Stranger Things gets a Spring air date I can see it do better in the crafts than it did for seasons 2 and 3 and get its acting nominations back for Brown and Harbour but I doubt Brown can actually win unless suddenly this season of the show is undeniable or she is undeniable. Strahovski is sadly never winning for The Handmaid’s Tale and I highly doubt Alexis Bledel, Ann Dowd or Samira Wiley have support. Rylance, Wiest and Davis will be lucky enough to even be nominated IMO.

I mean I guess theoretically Cynthia Nixon could end up being the Billy Crudup to Corrin’s Culkin and Anderson’s Macfadyen but Ratched‘s guild and winter awards response is TBA. To me the only people that can stop an actress from The Crown winning are Garner and Snook if their shows return on time.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

I wonder if they would consider consolidating Cinematography & Editing, maybe a la Directing where one nominee has to be multi-cam.

It used to be just a way for CBS comedies to still exist in creative races, but both multi-cam winners this year were non-broadcast, and CBS only had one nominee.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

One Day at a Time S4 re-runs are being shown on CBS later this year to fill empty space. Lowkey want it to move there for S5 because it’s be hilarious & iconic if it won Editing three years in a row on three different content distributors (streaming, cable & broadcast).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Production Start Date updates :

– In Treatment : Starts in November and finishes in January 2021.

– First Ladies : Showtime miniseries starring Viola Davis as Michelle Obama. Starts shooting later this fall.

– Mythic Quest season 2 : Starts shooting later this fall.

– What We Do in the Shadows season 3 : Production to finish shooting in April. I guess this means it might still make a May release date but it’s in danger of missing.

– The Shrink Next Door : AppleTV+ limited series starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd. Starts shooting this October and finishes in March 2021.

– Puddin : AppleTV+ musical comedy starring Cecily Strong. Starts shooting in October and finishes in December.

– Slow Horses : AppleTV+ espionage drama starring Gary Oldman. Starts shooting in November.

– Maid : Margot Robbie produced Netflix dramedy starring Margaret Qualley, Nick Robinson and Anika Noni Rose. Started shooting this month and finishes in March

https://stvplus.com/pages/proddates

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

All I’m hoping for is the trifecta of Mandalorian Season 2, The Boys Season 2, and Cobra Kai Season 3 to make it into Best Drama Series. Though all 3 shows are great enough that they deserve other nominations above the line (give William Zabka and Carl Urban Emmy noms already!).

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Really? I think Succession will be a lock in Writing every year that it is eligible

Eh, I think that’s an overstatement.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

All I’m hoping for is the trifecta of Mandalorian Season 2, The Boys Season 2, and Cobra Kai Season 3 to make it into Best Drama Series. Though all 3 shows are great enough that they deserve other nominations above the line (give William Zabka and Carl Urban Emmy noms already!).

The Boys has to be a comedy doesn’t it?

And the Emmys are never touching Cobra Kai sadly.

Karl Urban is also out-acted by Anthony Starr (who is sublime and deserves a win), if only for his atrocious imitation of a cockney accent.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cobra Kai Season 3 to make it into Best Drama Series.

That’s in Comedy Series.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

The Boys has to be a comedy doesn’t it? And the Emmys are never touching Cobra Kai sadly. Karl Urban is also out-acted by Anthony Starr (who is sublime and deserves a win), if only for his atrocious imitation of a cockney accent.

Yeah Karl Urban’s accent is definitely wonky, but his overall portrayal is great. Not to mention, given its a world where superheroes are real, I can forgive a bad accent, as there’s much more unrealistic matters at hand.

And Antony Starr out-acts everyone on the show.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    tatesfellow
    Topics:

I don‘t see The Boys at the main ceremony yet, except for a potential nom for Antony Starr. I mean there is so much passion for his character and acting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Really? I think Succession will be a lock in Writing every year that it is eligible

I agree with both of these. As long as Succession doesn’t end up getting a slump in audience and critical acclaim or get awards fatigue like Mad Men or Maisel I think the writers are sticking with it after its historic writing sweep.

Although I also a scenario where Better Call Saul and Ozark challenge it for their final seasons although considering how The Good Place flopped this year I can see Saul either end up like that or The Americans in Writing and Ozark may end up continuing to get three Writing nominees and vote-split as a result of that or may never have enough passion to win Writing.  The Handmaid’s Tale would be lucky to get nominated again and unless the next season of Killing Eve is as good as anticipated with Laura Neal as the head writer then I doubt it gets back in Writing too. It really just depends on the quality of writing on new shows (*coughs* The Gilded Age *coughs*) at the Emmys.

I know I said I put it as The Crown vs Succession in my post as for the frontrunners for this year and stated that I only put that there because I am unsure about Succession returning on time and think The Crown will win if Succession doesn’t return but I also think The Crown in its final season will be a bigger challenger than Ozark and Better Call Saul for Succession in Writing. If he doesn’t win next year Peter Morgan might end up having an overdue narrative for season 6 with 2 Oscar losses and 6 Emmy loses and I think considering how well respected he is and how sentimental the writers branch can be that he could pose a threat.

Ultimately unless The CrownSaul and Ozark develop strong final season narratives it rests on whether new shows end up being as undeniable with writers as Succession is. Just as it rests on new contenders as to whether they can be undeniable like PWB was with JLD and stop Julia Garner.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

The most wins in Drama Writing for ongoing series: 3 each for Steven Bochco
    David Chase
    Tom Fontana
    David Milch
    Matthew Weiner

In Comedy, also 3 each.

I don’t think Jesse Armstrong is the special-est ever. But I suppose voters could be lazier than ever.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

The most wins in Drama Writing for ongoing series: 3 each for Steven Bochco David Chase Tom Fontana David Milch Matthew Weiner In Comedy, also 3 each. I don’t think Jesse Armstrong is the special-est ever. But I suppose voters could be lazier than ever.

Jesse is definitely going to tie or break that record. He already has 2 for Succession, and assuming it goes on until season 5 at least, he’s bound to get a minimum of one more.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So Ratched and Utopia are flopping with critics, Lovecraft Country‘s getting varying levels of reception per episode and Perry Mason looks like it’s becoming too much of a non-event to happen in Series.

Unless The Gilded Age arrives on time I’m guessing this looks really good for Industry to break into the Drama Series race as this year’s new Drama Series (provided it is good of course and people watch it although considering how it got selected for London Film Festival I’d say it probably has succeeded in the former).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

It’s honestly baffling how new shows dissapointed in different ways. This season is going to be very interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.