Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

This thread may be jumping the gun, seeing as how we have no idea when shows will be going back into production or what will do well this year, but hey what do GD users do best other than make insane baseless assumptions?

What do you think will go down at next year’s Emmys?

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I’ve mentioned this before, but I expect Josh O’Connor to win for The Crown next season. Even though he has a small episode count, people love his performance, and next year he’s definitely gonna appear a lot more, and he’ll have some meaty material concerning Charles relationship with Diana.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Confirmed:

• The Crown
    • The Politician
    • Ratched
    • Stateless
    • The Undoing
    • The Third Day
    • Perry Mason

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The Crown will probably win everything.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Succession and Barry were slated to begin production pretty soon, so they’ll probably be set to go as soon as they can. Unless Atlanta’s writing and pre-production process has been severely affected, I think it’ll likely make its planned winter production schedule.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Totally here for The Gildeg Age sweep.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Mostly every contender is gonna air in spring now. It’s gonna be a total bloodbath. Shows like The Crown, Perry Manson or Ratched will have the advantage of being seen in a climate with less tv than planned, while the spring offerings will be overshadowed by more buzzy releases (thinking about something like ThT being irrelevant compared to the buzzy return of Succession, new shows or even anticipated sophomores like the morning show).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Pose was in the middle of production of the first episode of S3 when the pandemic occurred. So I imagine that like Barry and Succession, they should be able to finish in time for Emmy 2021. Same thing with Euphoria, The Morning Show and The Handmaid’s Tale which was also in production.

I wonder if the shows of the Big Four can benefit from it.

Of course, assuming that TV production returns sometime in the second half of this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m nuts but I’ll have my first crack at predictions. Assuming Succession, The Morning Show, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Impeachment and Barry return in Spring and that Better Call Saul, Westworld, Atlanta, Killing Eve, The Handmaid’s Tale, Ozark, Stranger Things and The Gilded Age miss eligibility.

Done in likelihood of nomination.

Drama Series

1. The Crown (Netflix)
    2. Succession (HBO)
    3. Perry Mason (HBO)
    4. Ratched (Netflix)
    5. The Morning Show (AppleTV+)
    6. Y (FX)
    7. This is Us (NBC)

Drama Lead Actress

1. Olivia Colman, The Crown
    2. Sarah Paulson, Ratched
    3. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
    4. Diane Lane, Y
    5. Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show
    6. Tatiana Maslany, Perry Mason

Drama Lead Actor

1. Josh O’Connor, The Crown (I think he will be Lead next season)
    2. Brian Cox, Succession
    3. Jeremy Strong, Succession
    4. Billy Porter, Pose
    5. Sterling K Brown, This is Us
    6. Milo Ventimiglia, This is Us

Drama Supporting Actress

1. Gillian Anderson, The Crown
    2. Emma Corrin, The Crown
    3. Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
    4. Sarah Snook, Succession
    5. Sharon Stone, Ratched
    6. Cynthia Nixon, Ratched

Alt : Judy Davis (Ratched), Emerald Fennel (The Crown), Imogen Poots (Y)

Drama Supporting Actor

1. Tobias Menzies, The Crown
    2. John Lithgow, Perry Mason
    3. Finn Witrock, Ratched
    4. Matthew MacFadyen, Succession
    5. Corey Stoll, Ratched
    6. Kieran Culkin, Succession

Alt : Nicholas Braun (Succession), Don Cheadle (Ratched), Ben Daniels (The Crown), Freddie Fox (The Crown), Alan Ruck (Succession)

Comedy Series

1. Barry (HBO)
    2. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Amazon)
    3. The Mayor (NBC)
    4. The Politcian (Netflix)
    5. Black-ish (ABC)
    6. What else will air?

Comedy Actress

1. Holly Hunter, The Mayor
    2. Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    3. Bette Midler, The Politician
    4. Judith Light, The Politician
    5. Alison Janney, Mom
    6. Tracee Ellis Ross, Black-ish

Comedy Actor

1. Ted Danson, The Mayor
    2. Bill Hader, Barry
    3. Ben Platt, The Politician
    4. Anthony Anderson, Black-ish
    5. Again who else is there?

Comedy Supporting Actress

1. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2. Marin Hinkle, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    3. Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live
    4. Gwyneth Paltrow, The Politician
    5. Cecily Strong, Saturday Night Live
    6. Zoey Deutch, The Politician

Comedy Supporting Actor

1. Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2. Henry Winkler, Barry
    3. Stephen Root, Barry
    4. Anthony Carrigan, Barry
    5. Bobby Moynihan, The Mayor
    6. Alec Baldwin, Saturday Night Live

Limited Series

1. Impeachment : American Crime Story (FX)
    2. The Undoing (HBO)
    3. Stateless (Netflix)
    4. The Chair (Netflix)
    5. Fargo (FX)

Lead Actress

1. Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    3. Yvonne Strahovski, Stateless
    4. Sandra Oh, The Chair
    5. Naomie Harris, The Third Day
    6. Asher Keddie, Stateless

Lead Actor

1. Clive Owen, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    3. Chris Rock, Fargo
    4. Jude Law, The Third Day
    5. Dominic West, Stateless
    6. Fayssal Bazzi, Stateless

Supporting Actress

1. Jessie Buckley, Fargo
    2. Sarah Paulson, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Annaleigh Ashford, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    4. Betty Gilpin, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    5. Cate Blanchett, Stateless
    6. Marta Dusseldorp, Stateless

Supporting Actor

1. Anthony Green, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Donald Sutherland, The Undoing
    3. Edgar Ramirez, The Undoing
    4. Jason Schwartzman, Fargo
    5. Ben Whishaw, Fargo
    6. Jai Courtney, Stateless
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by wolfali.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by wolfali.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’m guessing the earliest date for productions  to resume is fall so expect many of your favorite shows not to return. Most of the nominees are going to be from new shows. The Crown is in a very lucky situation. It was the only show continuing its production. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel will definitely miss its usual November/December date. It is going to be an interesting year for the Emmys.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Killing Eve was meant to start filming in September, so they may be ok. Maisel/TMS won’t return with their usual December slots.
    Genius and Fargo were almost finished production so I see them making it easily.

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Killing Eve in all categories, HBC, Cicely Tyson, The Crown in directing

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Killing Eve was meant to start filming in September, so they may be ok. Maisel/TMS won’t return with their usual December slots. Genius and Fargo were almost finished production so I see them making it easily.

I’m sorry, but that’s wishful thinking. Anything resuming production before the end of the year would shock me, especially since both the U.S. and U.K. are hit pretty badly.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Television production will definitely resume before the end of the year – unless you’re thinking no one else will be able to go back to everyday work in that time as it’s no different in terms of risk. The industry will be more heavily affected in terms of what and how things can be shot rather than nothing shooting at all. What won’t be able to happen is big crowd scenes or parties or anything really involving many extras, as well as love scenes or anything that would normally be shot in an enclosed space. Accordingly, I think the bigger problem Killing Eve will have, given that it isn’t one for any of those types of scenes really, is that Jodie Comer will need to finish filming The Last Duel first and that will probably aim to happen in September.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but that’s wishful thinking. Anything resuming production before the end of the year would shock me, especially since both the U.S. and U.K. are hit pretty badly.

God. Let’s hope things are better by then…I’m sure things will be much better by fall. If things aren’t better by that time then it’s safe to say that both USA and UK are really f*cked.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by estrelas.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by estrelas.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Considering HBO have more or less said they’re starting the production of Succession once the lockdown ends I don’t think it is wishful thinking.

However, I think it is wishful thinking for shows like Succession and Killing Eve to think they can easily film in multiple destinations abroad (bye bye shots in Amsterdam for Killing Eve and hello studio shots). As forwardswill has said Jodie Comer will be filming The Last Duel first and Sandra Oh will be filming The Chair so I doubt Killing Eve returns on time. Especially considering production on The Last Duel could be delayed in order to film scenes that may be prohibited due to social distancing.

Love scenes will have to go. Fight scenes probably too which will probably mean some sci-fi shows such as Stranger Things and Westworld might be slightly affected (I don’t think Westworld was even going to make the deadline anyway considering Thandie Newton and Jonathan Nolan will be doing their new movie first but Stranger Things was originally going to premiere just before the deadline). Fight scenes would also mean bye bye to anything like this.

Crowd scenes will also have to go so some scenes in shows such as The Handmaid’s Tale and Pose will be affected. I’d expect producers might just use CGI or archive footage in those scenarios.

Things will have to be adjusted from the way they were pre outbreak until a vaccine is made don’t get me wrong there. I don’t think production will resume immediately post lockdown but I’d expect it to resume not so long after (unless the second peak is sooner than we think). I actually think there is a lot to look forward to as someone who writes myself. Covid 19 has presented new challenges for writers and I think it might just pay off to make the writing of our favourite shows slightly better (expect the 2021 and 2022 Emmy writing races to be super competitive!).

Worse comes to worse scenes like this could be made through CGI again but hopefully technology has improved since then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.