Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 502 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m guessing it will only be eligible for 2022 because if it’s 2021 Kidman/Kelley will have 2 projects against each other.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Samara Weaving joins Nine Perfect Strangers. https://deadline.com/2020/07/samara-weaving-cast-nine-perfect-strangers-hulu-limited-series-1202985972/ They now need three more actors/actresses to complete the nine. Here is the cast so far:

1. Nicole Kidman
    2. Melissa McCarthy
    3. Manny Jacinto
    4. Luke Evans
    5. Melvin Gregg
    6. Samara Weaving

I’ll tune in just for Manny Jacinto!

Profile picture
    Praise the Lourd
    Topics:

Because season two seems to have very low viewership, the Politician will have to get either Light or Midler (or both) nominated in guest this year to be in the conversation next year, imo.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Production Dates updates on SpoilerTV:

• American Gods: July
    • Clarice: September
    • Midnight Mass: August – November
    • Peaky Blinders: November
    • See: August
    • Star Trek Discovery: October 2020 – May 2021
    • The Gilded Age: Fall 2020
    • Y: The Last Man: October

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Production Dates updates on SpoilerTV:

• The Gilded Age: Fall 2020
    • Y: The Last Man: October

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

They might make eligibility then…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    ogg
    Topics:

Michaela Coel should be winning multiple Emmys next year for I May Destroy You.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

She should sweep. I don’t care that I haven’t seen any of the other contenders yet.

The writing, directing and acting were all extraordinary.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Strahovski is our early Summer frontrunner this year (like Amy Adams) and could very well show up at the Globes, SAG and CC and lose. If The Eddy bombs at the Emmys like we’re expecting it to and if Haas doesn’t show up at the Emmys I can see Netflix pushing all their attention on Stateless and Strahovski at the winter awards.

If the pattern of the early Summer actress contender being the frontrunner before the Autumn/Winter contender airs and then the Spring contender airs and wins the Emmy like we saw last year with Adams-Arquette-Williams and how some are predicting this year to have gone from Wever-King-Blanchett then I think these are possible patterns in terms of the frontrunner shifting we should watch for that could happen :

Strahovski-Kidman-Erivo
    Strahovski-Mara-Erivo
    Strahovski-Kidman-McKinnon
    Strahovski-Mara-McKinnon

Are there any other contenders that could air in the Autumn, Winter and Spring that could fit in as being the winter awards or Emmy frontrunner?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Emmy Rossum for Angelyne. Julianne Moore has an Apple limited series that was almost finished before covid I believe.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Are there any other contenders that could air in the Autumn, Winter and Spring that could fit in as being the winter awards or Emmy frontrunner?

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

The buzz for her is so real but the viewership is abysmal, this really could be a non-factor or a huge player. I’m hoping HBO takes advantage of the uncrowded fall and pushes people to catch up before the winter

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

The Strahovski-“Stateless” talk is pretty presumptuous considering there is no buzz and the show, to my knowledge, never cracked the top ten on Netflix (it may have done so on the TV only list). Putting my own feelings aside, this was sort of unceremoniously dropped on a Wednesday in July. Now granted, “Unbelievable” had a similarly quiet drop initially but the buzz and viewership was impressive enough to catapult it into the national conversation and, for our purposes, legitimate awards talk. That may still happen for “Stateless,” but I don’t have any proof of that this far out. And if “I May Destroy You” is, in fact, submitted as a miniseries, this is a moot point.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Julianne Moore has an Apple limited series that was almost finished before covid I believe.

The director confirmed that they have many weeks to finish. I’m not confident it can air before May 2021.

Profile picture
    leothescorpio
    Topics:

I May Destroy You deserves 21 nominations tbh. It’s sublime on every level. All hail, queen Coel!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.