Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 496 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

Hamilton could do really well if nothing comes back. It’ll be weird to see performances and techs from yrs. ago in competition, but that’ll be how things work out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Hamilton could do really well if nothing comes back. It’ll be weird to see performances and techs from yrs. ago in competition, but that’ll be how things work out.

ugh this is so wrong. they shouldn’t be eligible/ or should be snubbed altogether. How many more awards should Manuel get for this… argh!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

ugh this is so wrong. they shouldn’t be eligible/ or should be snubbed altogether. How many more awards should Manuel get for this… argh!!

He’d only get only if it won its main category, cause there’s no way he’d beat Odom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

He’d only get only if it won its main category, cause there’s no way he’d beat Odom.

The very same show and performances already won Tonys. The Emmys shouldn’t allow it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

The very same show and performances already won Tonys. The Emmys shouldn’t allow it.

They’ve allowed this before and they’ll allow it again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

I don’t know. If it were a normal year, I would be looking at it with a severe side-eye, but the Rona has complicated things. I know this comparison doesn’t make a lick of sense, but bare with me. The upcoming Oscars season will likely be the first (and Steven Spielberg’s fever nightmare come to life) time streaming films dominate and that is bc that will be what is available. So Hamilton being shut out there but eligible at the Emmys is all bc of circumstances and I can’t be too mad at that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I think there shouldn’t even be a discussion whether a play recording could be eligible for TV or movie awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I think there shouldn’t even be a discussion whether a play recording could be eligible for TV or movie awards.

I’m aware that it’s eligible, it’s just that I don’t want it to. Literally every play/musical can be taped and I don’t want Emmys to double as Tonys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I don’t really have an issue with the recording being eligible in the program category so much as the performances. I really think it would be bizarre to award the Hamilton performances at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I don’t know. If it were a normal year, I would be looking at it with a severe side-eye, but the Rona has complicated things. I know this comparison doesn’t make a lick of sense, but bare with me. The upcoming Oscars season will likely be the first (and Steven Spielberg’s fever nightmare come to life) time streaming films dominate and that is bc that will be what is available. So Hamilton being shut out there but eligible at the Emmys is all bc of circumstances and I can’t be too mad at that.

But there’s still several months (10!) before Emmy deadline for 2021. No one knows how many shows will be eligible for any category. We can’t assume there’ll be a very little amount… but even then the best of the best could be picked from eligible contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I hope the Emmys come to their senses and make things like Hamilton ineligible. It’s ridiculous that the same thing has and can/will compete at the Tonys, Oscars and the Emmys. They already did the right thing by removing that ridiculous Musical Performance category so here’s hoping the same happens here and stricter eligibility rules are ensured.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Yeah especially when a production won like… 10 Tonys! It becomes super obvious that it’ll win all the Emmys… eye- rolling

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

But there’s still several months (10!) before Emmy deadline for 2021. No one knows how many shows will be eligible for any category. We can’t assume there’ll be a very little amount… but even then the best of the best could be picked from eligible contenders.

I’m just thinking the worst possible scenario in which there’s a limited amount of options to choose from. But you’re correct. There’s a whole lot of time between now to next May.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m just hoping the emptier slate can give The Haunting of Bly Manor a shot at some nominations. Though limited is (surprisingly) looking like the most populated category so far, and with the new rules on numbers of nominations, it may not matter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Early FYC in ALL categories!

https://youtu.be/69MO7yU0d70

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 496 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.