Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think the bigger problem Killing Eve will have, given that it isn’t one for any of those types of scenes really, is that Jodie Comer will need to finish filming The Last Duel first and that will probably aim to happen in September.

That doesn’t only concern KE as I read it’s possible THT might not even resume shooting until 2021 because of Moss commitment.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maisel/TMS won’t return with their usual December slots. Genius and Fargo were almost finished production so I see them making it easily.

I actually think Maisel and The Morning Show can return to their usual slots but it depends on the situation vis à vis Covid. The Morning Show has already started filming and I can’t imagine Maisel being a show that takes that l0ng to film or would be severely affected by Covid 19. I think Amazon just keeps Maisel for the December slot in order to be in voters minds but I wouldn’t be surprised if post production was completed as early as June or September for the show.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I actually think Maisel and The Morning Show can return to their usual slots but it depends on the situation vis à vis Covid. The Morning Show has already started filming and I can’t imagine Maisel being a show that takes that l0ng to film or would be severely affected by Covid 19. I think Amazon just keeps Maisel for the December slot in order to be in voters minds but I wouldn’t be surprised if post production was completed as early as June or September for the show.

Maisel for sure won’t return. It usually takes them around 4-5 months to shoot and it’s released with a binge format so everything has to be ready before release. The Morning Show didn’t even finish filming its first episode but it’s released weekly so I guess there is a chance it might still premiere this year, although I consider it very unlikely.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

This probably won’t happen seems it’s already been written but if they wanted to start up The Morning Show as soon as they can, they could set the season in the midst of the Coronavirus. Meaning they could bring the concept of social distancing in the show and therefore could finish filming quicker. Just an idea.

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

What about Atlanta? It’s slated to return in 2021??

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Could we see streaming services start doing weekly releases to have earlier premieres but still get more time to finish up episodes?

Not sure if I could see Netflix doing this because of how firmly set they are in their model, but I would not be shocked if Amazon began going this route.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder if we could see British shows that have already aired in the UK or are soon to air in the UK dominate if broadcasters run out of things to show. A user mentioned NBC has acquired The Capture (a Bodyguard esque show) for its Peacock service so it is possible that could air on NBC. I wouldn’t be surprised to see A Confession (starring Imelda Staunton and Martin Freeman) and Noughts and Crosses (Normal People but with an interesting message about racism) pop up either.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

There may be like a bunch of netflix/hulu content we are not aware right now that is ready to go, for example that drama with Toni Collette (Pieces of ”something”)

Profile picture
    Tirador51598
    Topics:

WHO WILL PLAY HILARY CLINTON IN ACS: IMPEACHMENT?

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I’m surprised that Sarah Paulson wasn’t cast as her.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I don’t think Impeachment will have be eligible for this season, I think it will be near the end of 2020 if not 2021 for sets to be fully functioning again and that show hadn’t started production yet.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I WONDER!

I WONDER!

I would hope (no pun intended) it’s Hope Davis again. She has a striking resemblance to HRC, not to mention she’s great as what she does.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I WONDER!

According to Ryan Murphy she won’t have a big role in the series (Clinton’s character).

I wonder if Maisel ends up getting a March release date and if that helps it to win Series. I have a feeling unless some new contender magics itself out of the blue we could see Barry and Maisel both airing in Spring and then competing for the Comedy Series win.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

From the Murphy-verse regular players, my money’s on Connie Britton.

Kirsten Dunst is age appropriate for 90s HRC so I would personally love to she her take on the role.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.