Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Now that we are in August, I have compiled which series are already confirmed to be released by May 2021, which are still in doubt and which are confirmed not to return. This year’s nominees are in bold. I also included series that are in the Predictions Center and others that theoretically could benefit if the worst possible case becomes reality and few series nominated this year are unable to return in time (also, The Mandalorian nomination proves that anything is possible now). If I made a mistake or forgot something, you can correct me.

Already released

• The Alienist
    • Dirty John
    • I May Destroy You
    • Perry Mason
    • The Politician
    • Stateless

100% Confirmed to return until May 2021

• Away
    • The Boys
    • The Comey Rule
    • The Crown
    • The Good Lord Bird
    • His Dark Materials
    • Industry
    • Lovecraft Country
    • The Mandalorian
    • PEN15
    • Ratched
    • Saturday Night Live
    • The Third Day
    • Utopia
    • We Are Who We Are

Very Likely, but not 100% confirmed

• Black-ish (ABC promised the show to the Fall 2020)
    • Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC promised the show to the Fall 2020)
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm (Production starts at the Fall 2020)
    • Dickinson (production already started in 2019, according to Collider)
    • Fargo (only two episodes remained to be filmed)
    • Genius: Aretha Franklin (assuming they finish the remaining episodes at time)
    • The Gilded Age (production starts at the Fall 2020)
    • The Good Doctor (ABC promised the show to the Fall 2020)
    • The Good Fight (production starts at October 2020)
    • The Handmaid’s Tale (Production starts at September 2020)
    • Mom (CBS promised the show to the Fall 2020)
    • Mr. Mayor (NBC promised the show to the midseason 2021)
    • The Nevers (HBO promised the show to 2021)
    • Peaky Blinders (production starts at November 2020)
    • Stranger Things (Production starts at September 2020)
    • This is Us (NBC promised the show to the Fall 2020)
    • What We Do in the Shadows (Production starts at October 2020)
    • Y: The Last Man (production starts at October 2020)
    • Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (NBC promised the show to the midseason 2021)

Unknown

• After Life
    • American Horror Story: Impeachment
    • Atlanta
    • Barry
    • Better Things
    • Billions
    • Black Mirror
    • Black Monday
    • The Chair
    • Dave
    • Dead to Me
    • Doctor Who
    • Euphoria
    • The Flight Attendant
    • GLOW
    • Grace and Frankie
    • The Great
    • High Fidelity
    • Insecure
    • Kevin Can Go F*** Himself
    • The Kominsky Method
    • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    • Modern Love
    • The Morning Show
    • My Brilliant Friend
    • On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    • One Day at a Time
    • Outlander
    • Ozark
    • Pose
    • Ramy
    • Russian Doll
    • Sex Education
    • Shameless
    • Space Force
    • Succession
    • You

Confirmed to not return at time

• Better Call Saul (even before the pandemic, the production would start in the Fall and the show would only return at the second half of 2021)
    • Bodyguard (no news about Season 2 since 2019)
    • Mindhunter (assuming that will return one day)
    • The Outsider (no news about Season 2)
    • Westworld (the show Always take two years between seasons)

Very unlikely, but still not confirmed

• Killing Eve (production suspended at the moment, many locations at Europe, Sandra Oh will also film The Chair)

Finished and will not return

• Big Little Lies
    • The Good Place
    • Homeland
    • Modern Family
    • Mr. Robot
    • Orange is the New Black
    • Schitt’s Creek
    • Silicon Valley
    • Will & Grace

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Holly Hunter gives a guest role on Succession and is most probably not returning considering her arc. I’d put Hiam Abbass in instead (although she might not return either but she’s likelier than Hunter).

Hunter will probably appear in a guest capacity. They reference her in the finale and how she’s currently not saying anything until the board meeting, but I’m guessing she’ll pop up afterwards. Also Abbas will definitely be back, and I can see her having much more to do this time. I’m wondering if she’ll still be supporting Logan given their conflict this past season.

Also, depending on the size of her role, I wouldn’t be surprised if Snook goes lead next time.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Black is King is gonna take some techs right?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Succession
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Now that we are in August, I have compiled which series are already confirmed to be released by May 2021, which are still in doubt and which are confirmed not to return. This year’s nominees are in bold. I also included series that are in the Predictions Center and others that theoretically could benefit if the worst possible case becomes reality and few series nominated this year are unable to return in time (also, The Mandalorian nomination proves that anything is possible now). If I made a mistake or forgot something, you can correct me. Already released • The Alienist • Dirty John • I May Destroy You • Perry Mason • The Politician • Stateless 100% Confirmed to return until May 2021 • Away • The Boys • The Comey Rule • The Crown • The Good Lord Bird • His Dark Materials • Industry • Lovecraft Country • The Mandalorian • PEN15 • Ratched • Saturday Night Live • The Third Day • Utopia • We Are Who We Are Very Likely, but not 100% confirmed • Black-ish (ABC promised the show to the Fall 2020) • Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC promised the show to the Fall 2020) • Curb Your Enthusiasm (Production starts at the Fall 2020) • Dickinson (production already started in 2019, according to Collider) • Fargo (only two episodes remained to be filmed) • Genius: Aretha Franklin (assuming they finish the remaining episodes at time) • The Gilded Age (production starts at the Fall 2020) • The Good Doctor (ABC promised the show to the Fall 2020) • The Good Fight (production starts at October 2020) • The Handmaid’s Tale (Production starts at September 2020) • Mom (CBS promised the show to the Fall 2020) • Mr. Mayor (NBC promised the show to the midseason 2021) • The Nevers (HBO promised the show to 2021) • Peaky Blinders (production starts at November 2020) • Stranger Things (Production starts at September 2020) • This is Us (NBC promised the show to the Fall 2020) • What We Do in the Shadows (Production starts at October 2020) • Y: The Last Man (production starts at October 2020) • Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (NBC promised the show to the midseason 2021) Unknown • After Life • American Horror Story: Impeachment • Atlanta • Barry • Better Things • Billions • Black Mirror • Black Monday • The Chair • Dave • Dead to Me • Doctor Who • Euphoria • The Flight Attendant • GLOW • Grace and Frankie • The Great • High Fidelity • Insecure • Kevin Can Go F*** Himself • The Kominsky Method • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel • The Morning Show • My Brilliant Friend • On Becoming a God in Central Florida • One Day at a Time • Outlander • Ozark • Pose • Ramy • Russian Doll • Sex Education • Shameless • Space Force • Succession • You Confirmed to not return at time • Better Call Saul (even before the pandemic, the production would start in the Fall and the show would only return at the second half of 2021) • Bodyguard (no news about Season 2 since 2019) • Mindhunter (assuming that will return one day) • The Outsider (no news about Season 2) • Westworld (the show Always take two years between seasons) Very unlikely, but still not confirmed • Killing Eve (production suspended at the moment, many locations at Europe, Sandra Oh will also film The Chair) Finished and will not return • Big Little Lies • The Good Place • Homeland • Modern Family • Mr. Robot • Orange is the New Black • Schitt’s Creek • Silicon Valley • Will & Grace

Doctor Who has been confirmed not to return by the BBC. To be honest the show didn’t have any chances at the Emmys anyway even though David Tennant should won multiple Emmys for this role already.

According to Kaley Cuoco most of The Flight Attendant has been filmed and they are scheduled to finish filming it at the end of this month.

Also you have forgotten Boys on HBO Max and The Underground Railroad on Amazon.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Do you think Kaley Cuoco stands a chance at a nomination

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Killing Eve in all categories, HBC, Cicely Tyson, The Crown in directing

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Considering how competitive the Limited Series categories already seem to be I’d say no but you never know. The fact it is produced by Riverdale‘s Greg Berlanti doesn’t inspire in terms of quality.

It will be interesting to see if HBO Max manages to breakthrough next year. They also have Boys which is an AIDS drama starring Keeley Hawes and Neil Patrick Harris that is written by Emmy nominee Russell T. Davies.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I thought it was a drama?

FYC 2020 EMMYS

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2017/10/kaley-cuoco-pod-deal-warner-bros-tv-the-flight-attendant-1202196368/

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Yes I just saw after I posted. I have higher hopes for it now I know it’s on HBO Max, I thought it was gonna be a shit CBS drama

FYC 2020 EMMYS

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yes I just saw after I posted. I have higher hopes for it now I know it’s on HBO Max, I thought it was gonna be a shit CBS drama

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Also, depending on the size of her role, I wouldn’t be surprised if Snook goes lead next time.

Everyone was so ecstatic about her to get nominated that when she switched to supporting it was all applause but I think she was the lead of the second season.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

With the way things went for Succession, I think Snook would have been nominated, even if she went lead. If anything, J. Smith-Cameron could have had a chance to get the supporting actress vacant.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Smith-Cameron was probably 9th.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I doubt Modern Love comes back in time. Jesse Eisenberg has been cast, but they likely want to assemble another all-star ensemble around him, and figuring out all those busy schedules (especially with all the projects now postponed because of shooting restrictions) will take some time. The first season actually started shooting a full year before it aired, so even in a perfect pandemic-free scenario, I don’t know if it’d be ready.

Also, I hate to say it, but Holly Hunter was probably closer to the nomination than Smith-Cameron. Gerri is a fan favorite, but Hunter just screams Brown in Maisel.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.