Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Let’s not hype up The Crown in general after the mediocre season they have just delivered before actually seeing if s4 is an improvement.

Profile picture
    leothescorpio
    Topics:

Rosamund Pike’s Amazon series, The Wheel of Time started filming September 2019. Production was interrupted in March 2020 in Prague…so 6 months of filming done, if filming resumes soon, I’m guessing it can premiere in the Winter/Spring. Probablt more Globes-fare than Emmys though. They LOVE Ms. Pike.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

The Underground Railroad has finished filming and now in post-production.

Profile picture
    thebtpyoda@gmail.com
    Topics:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2017/05/jordan-peele-jj-abrams-lovecraft-country-hbo-tv-show-1201818145/amp/

it said Lovecraft country was an anthology show when it was picked up to series.  Maybe they were wrong.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Underground Railroad has finished filming and now in post-production.

No it hasn’t.

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/amazon-prime-underground-railroad-nbc-at-that-age-casting-70985/

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

@wolfali I don’t think HBO Max movies will compete at Emmys.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why not? I don’t think any of these movies are planning to compete at the Oscars for example?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

American Pickle was originally going to be released theatrically which makes it eligible for Oscars. Also tbh, regardless of their qualities, only Lifetime and Hallmark movies deserve to compete at Emmys. Streaming movies are not TV movies.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

American Pickle was originally going to be released theatrically which makes it eligible for Oscars. Also tbh, regardless of their qualities, only Lifetime and Hallmark movies deserve to compete at Emmys. Streaming movies are not TV movies.

I’m guessing you think shows like The Crown and Ozark should not be competing at the Emmys then because they are streaming shows?

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Why I think streaming movies are not tv movies that is because most of them are acqusitions or not being originally produced for tv viewing. Other than American Son, this year’s Netflix movies are all associated with shows and American Son is basically re-enactment of a play. Bad Education wouldn’t be competing at Emmys if a studio bought it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With the next season of The Crown what I think we need to be wary about is over-predicting it. Yes it will benefit with a stronger season and likelier weaker field but this year we thought The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel will explode and get like 10 acting nominations due to the weaker field. Whilst it did do well in acting and nominations overall and can win top prizes (and most probably will win one or two) still it’s fair to say we overhyped the show a bit too much. The Crown is less of an Emmy juggernaut than Maisel so I would be cautious about thinking it will get three to four acting nominations in categories at this stage (especially when it only got 2 this year). That being said I already see the next season doing as well as how I see Maisel doing at this year’s Emmys already (winning a tonne of Emmys including at least one or two in acting and being potential spoilers in Directing and Series and a dark horse in Lead Actress).

If HBO submits I May Destroy You as Comedy or Drama then expect it dominate below the line due to its half hour format.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I think atm The Crown is safe for the following nominations

Series
    Colman
    Anderson
    HBC
    O’Connor
    Menzies (if moved to supporting)

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Killing Eve in all categories, HBC, Cicely Tyson, The Crown in directing

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Will any broadcast network shows be in the mix next year in either comedy or drama? From here, no.

NBC series have been slated to return in their normal return dates & time slots

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nbc-fall-2020-schedule-this-is-us-returns-law-order-organized-crime-debuts-despite-coronavirus-production-complications-1234636995/

Here’s ABC

https://deadline.com/abc-fall-schedule-2020/

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Trailer for Away: https://youtu.be/3f_REapPwio

This looks like a Hallmark version of Gravity.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think atm The Crown is safe for the following nominations

Series
    Colman
    Anderson
    HBC
    O’Connor
    Menzies (if moved to supporting)

How can you say O’Connor and Menzies are safe when we don’t even know what the competition will be like?

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.