Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Soulmates, an episodic anthology series created by Emmy winner Will Bridges (Black Mirror) starring Sarah Snook, Bill Skarsgard, Charlie Heaton and Malin Akerman will premiere on AMC on October 5th.

If this ends up being a hit or of good quality don’t be surprised if AMC pushes this hard considering they won’t have either Better Call Saul or Killing Eve next year.

https://twitter.com/AMC_TV/status/1291777782029131776

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With a second wave seemingly fast approaching it seems that unless Maisel miraculously makes eligibility (I am starting to think that even if it’s filmed on time Amazon might hold it for a December 2021 premiere so it can compete in its usual slot) that unless either Ellis Ross or Anderson win this year we’re going to have a whole new set of winners and nominees next year.

Just a reminder of all the Comedy programmes eligible, those that are scheduled to start shooting and those missing eligibility (with the non confirmed series those that are planning to shoot in Canada or the UK are in bold and those planning to shoot in the States are in italics and are bold) :

Confirmed/Already Aired The Politician, Emily in Paris, Search Party, Frayed, Pure, Truth Seekers (depending on how the critical reception/audience reception goes for this one I think this may end up being in a good position come the Emmys), Pen15, Love/Victor

Promised to Return : Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Black-ish

Scheduled to Start Filming in August : Sex Education, BreedersCode 404The Goldbergs

Scheduled to Start Filming in September : Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, Kevin Can F Himself

Scheduled to Start Filming in October : What We Do in the Shadows, The Great

Scheduled to Start Filming Late Summer/Autumn : The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Scheduled to Start Filming in January : Barry

In Active Development/Unknown : Betty, Dead to Me, Love Life, Never Have I Ever, The Kominsky Method, Russian Doll

Unknown : After Life, Atlanta, Mr. Mayor, SNL, One Day at a Time

Missing Eligibility/Ended : GLOW, Schitt’s Creek, The Good Place, Will and Grace, Modern Family

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not exactly a show that will do well at the Emmys but Top Boy, a show produced by Drake on Netflix that swept the BAFTA nominations for its third season has announced it will start production on season 4 this fall.

https://stvplus.com/pages/proddates

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually think The Great is going to explode next year if its second season is of quality. Post Emmy voting I’ve seen lots of celebrities praise it and talk about it on social media so I won’t be surprised if Fanning and Hoult made it in (the latter of whom I think was 9th).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I actually think The Great is going to explode next year if its second season is of quality. Post Emmy voting I’ve seen lots of celebrities praise it and talk about it on social media so I won’t be surprised if Fanning and Hoult made it in (the latter of whom I think was 9th).

I think the same too. Taika Waititi recently tweeted about it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Here’s hoping Applegate wins for her final season. Her work is mind-blowing and it’ll be truly a crime to not recognise it. Of course we’re not aware of any new contenders that might pop up, but with O’Hara gone and Brosnahan being old news, she can definitely pull it off even with Cardellini nominated.

I actually think depending on the competition next year they both might get snubbed.

Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.