Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

HBC, Anderson, Corrin & who else?

Fennel (if she’s not done dirty by Netflix this time). She is set to have a bigger role this season. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Fennel wasn’t nominated and the category was so empty that Doherty slipped in.

I think it’s possible This Is Us shows up in multiple categories despite being shut out this year. It’s a network show, so it’s gonna be produced and released quicker than cable/streaming programs.

No offence but you’re saying that as if the other cable networks and streaming platforms have nothing to show which isn’t the case. HBO has two new series ready, FX has a new series ready and so does Hulu. The Crown is ready and probably The Morning Show and The Handmaid’s Tale will be too. If the situation gets very bad that no filming can be done in the beginning of next year or the spring of the next year then yes I think This is Us could replace something like The Morning Show or The Handmaid’s Tale. It’s just that there is no way it suddenly goes from 0 noms to 12 if the new shows debuting receive warm acclaim due to how big they are in terms of cast, production value and name (e.g. as I’ve already mentioned before Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams!).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

As in make eligibility or make the nominations? Because if it makes eligibility then it is definitely getting nominated. If it doesn’t make eligibility that strengthens the chances of The Crown by a quite a margin. However I think we should watch out for Perry Mason and The Nevers, the latter of which has already completed filming and is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon (who is yet to have an Emmy) before giving it to The Crown already. I can see The Crown getting four Supporting Actress nominations à la GoT.

eligibility, I don’t know when they’ll film

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

The Dropout is a limited series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Dropout is a limited series.

Limited/Movie Actress is going to have one of its best years . Look at who we’re going to have (I actually think McKinnon is going to deliver) :

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Sandra Oh’s The Chair is comedy.

Also you forgot them:

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I think it’s possible This Is Us shows up in multiple categories despite being shut out this year. It’s a network show, so it’s gonna be produced and released quicker than cable/streaming programs.

No offence but you’re saying that as if the other cable networks and streaming platforms have nothing to show which isn’t the case. HBO has two new series ready, FX has a new series ready and so does Hulu. The Crown is ready and probably The Morning Show and The Handmaid’s Tale will be too. If the situation gets very bad that no filming can be done in the beginning of next year or the spring of the next year then yes I think This is Us could replace something like The Morning Show or The Handmaid’s Tale. It’s just that there is no way it suddenly goes from 0 noms to 12 if the new shows debuting receive warm acclaim due to how big they are in terms of cast, production value and name (e.g. as I’ve already mentioned before Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams!).

This is so funny to me. Ya’ll already know the show is gonna get shut out/ receive zero noms this year?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Calm down, I was just making a guess. Every year there are plenty of new shows and they don’t all push the veterans out.

The Morning Show hasn’t even finished shooting its premiere. THT is rumored to not go back into production until 2021 because of Moss’ engagements. It’s possible the same thing happens to something like Killing Eve because Comer has to finish Last Duel (or something else she is attached to) first and Oh has to finish The Chair. Succession didn’t even start shooting, and they produce an hour long episodes with multiple locations so I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes a while to get it done. Ozark, Big Little Lies and Westworld are not returning. I’m not sure about stranger things but it’s possible it won’t return either. So yes, in my opinion there would be a room for this is us to return if they are not that high on the newbies and the veterans can’t come back in time.

This is so funny to me. Ya’ll already know the show is gonna get shut out/ receive zero noms this year?

I don’t. I should have made it clearer and say that even if it’s shut out this year or receive very little noms, I can see it getting more next year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sandra Oh’s The Chair is comedy. Also you forgot them:

Oops forgot them and also where is your evidence The Chair isn’t a Limited Series?

You also forget them :

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Oops forgot them and also where is your evidence The Chair isn’t a Limited Series? 

https://deadline.com/2020/02/sandra-oh-jay-duplass-the-chair-dramedy-series-amanda-peet-netflix-1202865641/

I hope none of these shows turn out to be flops like the majority of this year.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

This Is Us could definitely return in the above of the line categories (if/when it misses this year). It has a proven history with the Emmy’s and still gets solid ratings. There is absolutely no telling that those new shows will be critical/audience hits or that the Emmy’s will take to them. I’d bet my money on This Is Us than a show like The Nevers or Y.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

‘This Is Us’ May Not Begin Production Again Until January, Says Supporting Actor Jon Huertas

Huertas inadvertently made some news when he revealed that, in speaking with show creator Dan Fogelman, he had learned the hit show may not go back into production until January 2021, in case there is a second wave of the virus.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/this-is-us-may-not-begin-production-until-january-actor-jon-huertas-1202940179/

And then…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAdLNMdpUZ2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well I’m guessing next year is really going to be 2019 but with The Crown taking Game of Thrones’s place…

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Netflix Hoping To Start Shooting ‘Sex Education’ In August As Part Of UK Production Reboot Plans:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/netflix-sex-education-august-production-restart-1202941551/

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I actually think McKinnon is going to deliver

I’m not expecting much from her. I used to be a big fan of McKinnon, but lately, it feels like she approaches almost all of her roles like she’s still on SNL, playing caricatures with no depth. The fact that she’s playing a woman whose already been so widely parodied makes me feel like were in for another McKinnon mug-fest.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

I’m not expecting much from her. I used to be a big fan of McKinnon, but lately, it feels like she approaches almost all of her roles like she’s still on SNL, playing caricatures with no depth. The fact that she’s playing a woman whose already been so widely parodied makes me feel like were in for another McKinnon mug-fest.

This, she even used like her SNL “funny” voice on bombshell like if she was making a parody of a fox news anchor

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.