Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 468 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Not like it matters that much but Emma Corrin has just been announced as being on the next cover of Vogue UK. To me this further evidences how much hype there is for her performance.

What puts The Crown in such a good position is that this season’s storyline is the most well-known one and I’m sure there will be people who didn’t watch the previous seasons watching this season to see Princess Diana.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yes of course. That goes without saying.

What I was trying to say is that the individual buzz for Corrin seems to be surreal. Maybe she wins the Globe if she delivers and not Anderson? At the moment I am expecting she gets snubbed here like Jodie Comer and Jeremy Strong.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FIRST WINNER PREDICTIONS (PRE EMMY CEREMONY) :

I feel quite confidant in Gillian but I have an inch they may award Jessie Buckley and continue the Limited Series trend here. After all they did award Hugh Laurie over John Lithgow!

DRAMA SERIES

RU : I May Destroy You

ACTOR IN A DRAMA

RU : Jason Bateman

ACTRESS IN A DRAMA

RU : Sarah Paulson

COMEDY SERIES

RU : The Great

ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

RU : Lily Collins

ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

RU : Eugene Levy

LIMITED SERIES

RU : The Undoing

LIMITED/MOVIE ACTRESS

RU : Shira Haas

LIMITED/MOVIE ACTOR

RU : Paul Mescal

SUPPORTING ACTOR

RU : Edgar Ramirez

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

RU : Jessie Buckley

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Ramy is so winning a 2nd Globe right?

Bigger profile than last time, auteur, Hulu’s main push, is a PoC winner & benefits an absolute graveyard of other contenders. (The potential of Zoom ceremony might also drive them to avoid the traditional starfucking nominees/winners)

• Him & Platt were the only returning nominees & Platt just screams “one-and-done” nominee.
      • Emmy noded Anderson & Cheadle won’t be factors here.
      • Danson (TGP) isn’t eligible and Mr Mayor won’t come out in time.
      • Larry David hasn’t been nominated here since 2005.
      • Gervais couldn’t get in last year when he hosted the damn thing.
      • Levy might not even be nominated since Schitt’s was shut out last year & O’Hara is the obvious acting winner
      • Carell, Freeman & Laurie are in spring flops without a critically boast
      • Butterfield & Cimino could be nominated but they are no-one’s favourite part of their respective shows.

As for those with an actual chance of winning

• Amell & Frost have the benefit of being on Amazon shows, whom the HFPA creams themselves over.
      • Dave screams Ramy 2.0 (spring release critically adored auteur/semi-autobiographical show that too under the radar for Emmys & they get to be “first” on).
      • Morris’ “Woke” has been criticised for feeling too “pilot-y” but he can overcome.
      • Berry could win if only of the WWDITS boys gets in but could sphere votes without Novak also there. Ditto for Novak without Berry.

Did I miss anyone?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think depending on the reception Truth Seekers could sweep here. There is big hype online for Pegg and Frost doing their first show on television in 20 years here and it’s Amazon. I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed Maisel to December 2021 just to focus on this (If this gets a second season I doubt this will return in time for 2022 considering how busy Pegg is).

I think at the moment with Lead Actor and Actress I’m predicting it to be how it was in 2019 with Yousseff being the new Brosnahan and O’Hara being the new Hader (predicting her to lose to Fanning because they just love famous families).

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

The Third Day reviews are pretty good. If its a hit on HBO, I could see at least Law getting in.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know I’ve been posting too much about the show on here and I often mention how the IMDB trending meter is irrelevant but I find it very interesting how despite not having aired in the US yet I Hate Suzie has broken into the IMDB top 100 and is ahead of I May Destroy You and Watchmen and is literally just below the populist hit Perry Mason on the meter.

Obviously we can’t talk about the show’s chances here until it gets a broadcaster (fingers crossed it goes on something like Amazon or Hulu or Showtime and not Peacock) but I think if it ends up getting picked up in the US that Piper can sneak in. I’d argue she has more individual buzz than Paul Mescal and Michaela Coel did.

But like I said we don’t even know if her show will air in the US in time for the Globes yet so it’s too early to say what will happen but I just thought it was an interesting point to share.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

I know I’ve been posting too much about the show on here and I often mention how the IMDB trending meter is irrelevant but I find it very interesting how despite not having aired in the US yet I Hate Suzie has broken into the IMDB top 100 and is ahead of I May Destroy You and Watchmen and is literally just below the populist hit Perry Mason on the meter.

Obviously we can’t talk about the show’s chances here until it gets a broadcaster (fingers crossed it goes on something like Amazon or Hulu or Showtime and not Peacock) but I think if it ends up getting picked up in the US that Piper can sneak in. I’d argue she has more individual buzz than Paul Mescal and Michaela Coel did.

But like I said we don’t even know if her show will air in the US in time for the Globes yet so it’s too early to say what will happen but I just thought it was an interesting point to share.

IMDB is not an American website, so it playing in America is not important to it entering the top 100. Also, Watchmen aired about a year ago, so how exactly is that an accomplishment?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

IMDB is not an American website, so it playing in America is not important to it entering the top 100. Also, Watchmen aired about a year ago, so how exactly is that an accomplishment?

I guess in trollmania you have low levels of literacy.

The reason I posted it here (as explicitly stated in post) is I found it interesting a new British cable show managed to go to 78 on IMDB despite only airing in Europe and Australia at the moment. What I was suggesting was that  the show has a lot of international buzz.

Anyway let’s end the discussion here.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Don’t be surprised if the HFPA nominate either The Plot Against America or Stateless. Sure they feel like ages ago but both are very timely politically and we know how well timely stories do at the Globes (whether its The Loudest Voice getting into Series or Vice (which already was going to do well here) over-performing and being the most nominated film) and the latter has more international buzz than domestic buzz (I mean the UN is promoting it HEAVILY which whilst obviously they wouldn’t of other shows how many shows can say they have the endorsement of the UN?). Plus I can see them just name-checking Blanchett or Ryder because the HFPA are like “why not?” (although Ryder would be very deserving).

I thought I May Destroy You is a limited series?

It’s being marketed by HBO as a continuing Series.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I thought I May Destroy You is a limited series?

No one really knows…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The trailer for A Teacher starring Kate Mara on FX on Hulu is below. It will air in November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZDYxAetTg

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I’m afraid of that one being too small to make an impact, but I hope I’m wrong and that it’s good. Kata Mara deserves a moment.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually hated Mara in House of Cards but she is actually not that bad an actress. I actually thought she deserved a nomination (and even potentially a win if she was guest eligible) for Pose.

I understand what you mean though Tyler. It will be interesting to see how a show on FX on Hulu that doesn’t star multiple Emmy and Academy Award winners those. I think Mrs. America will actually do very well at the Globes and Critics Choice and Blanchett will probably (unless we have a new contender which is possible) sweep if not only win the Globe and SAG (I think if Sam Rockwell can win at SAG then so can she). I mean it is the most acclaimed Limited Series of the year thus far (if you’re counting I May Destroy You as a Drama). Yet Mrs. America doesn’t seem to be set to do that well at the Emmys winning zero to two (two is probably a stretch in itself) awards come the 20th so it will be interesting to see how this show does.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

The trailer for A Teacher starring Kate Mara on FX on Hulu is below. It will air in November. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZDYxAetTg

Genuinely shocked Jason Bateman is an EP on this and Adrian Lyne isn’t.

It just feels like it’s would’ve been a Lyne film 20 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 468 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions’ is closed to new replies.