Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 468 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mentions from whom?

Woops forgot to attach the link.

Edited now.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Thinking Hillary Swank getting a nom is a possibility that’s not discussed enough. Her show seems to be a genuine hit and has decent reviews. She also has a profile the globes like to nominate aswell (Comeback of an Oscar winner).

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

This might tell us how things are on the ground. I see no mentions for Stateless, Dirty John, The Good Lord Bird or even The Queen’s Gambit (although I am confident that unless it’s a dud it is in here). https://variety.com/2020/tv/in-contention/emmys-golden-globes-sag-awards-contenders-2021-1234783366/

Pay that piece no mind.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Despite Fargo’s disappointing critical reception, I still think Buckley has a real shot at the Globe. She’s exactly the type of up-and-comer they LOVE to reward. They’re liking limited contenders in supporting more and more, and unless the HFPA suddenly goes gaga for Ozark or Schitt’s (shows they’ve historically largely ignored even as the Emmys caught onto them), I doubt this year’s leftover Emmy contenders will become huge factors. Byrne is in my third spot, and while I do think Blanchett is easily taking lead, I’m just not sure the Globes will love Mrs America THAT much. She could also face vote-splitting from Paulson or Aduba, who I do think would serve as legitimate threats. Obviously, Buckley’s biggest threat is Anderson. I don’t think Anderson would face quite the same amount of vote-splitting from Carter or Corrin for a number of reasons (and all three will not be nominated). However, if Carter or Corrin really blow us out of the water on the same level as Anderson likely will, internal competition is definitely possible. I won’t make any final judgments until we see The Crown season four, and I think the nomination will be harder than the win, but if she does make it into the lineup, I think Buckley has a real shot at the win.

And sorry, but unless The Undoing is a massive hit in both critical and public favor AND Noma Dumezweni gives the performance of the year, which she would probably need to do as a borderline lead… I don’t see her happening even as a nominee. I see where the Whishaw comparison is coming from, but Dumezweni’s category is much more competitive than his was, and she hasn’t had big projects like James Bond, Paddington, The Lobster, or The Danish Girl to make her at least somewhat recognizable to American audiences.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The lawyer in The Undoing?  Ha, what? Who made a Ben Whishaw comparison and what did it entail?

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

AwardsWatch’s first predictions

Best Television Series – Drama

• The Crown (Netflix)
    • P-Valley (Starz)
    • Lovecraft Country (HBO)
    • Ozark (Netflix)
    • We Are Who We Are (HBO)

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series – Drama

• Jason Bateman, Ozark
    • Tobias Menzies, The Crown
    • Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
    • Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul/li>
    • Jack Dylan Grazer, We Are Who We Are

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series – Drama

• Sarah Paulson, Ratched
    • Jurnee Smollett, Lovecraft Country
    • Olivia Colman, The Crown
    • Laura Linney, Ozark
    • Sandra Oh, Killing Eve

Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy

• Avenue 5 (HBO)
    • The Great (Hulu)
    • I May Destroy You (HBO)
    • Ramy (Hulu)
    • Schitt’s Creek (Pop!)

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series – Comedy or Musical

• Ramy Youseff, Ramy
    • Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    • Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • Nicholas Hoult, The Graeat
    • Hugh Laurie, Avenue 5

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series – Comedy or Musical

• Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You
    • Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
    • Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    • Elle Fanning, The Great
    • Issa Rae, Insecure

Best Motion Picture Made for Television or Limited Series

• Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu)
    • Mrs. America (FX)
    • The Undoing (HBO)
    • The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix)
    • Unorthodox (Netflix)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television

• Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much Is True
    • Paul Mescal, Normal People
    • Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    • Jude Law, The Third Day
    • Chris Rock, Fargo

Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television

• Reese Witherspoon, Little Fires Everywhere
    • Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    • Kerry Washington, Little Fires Everywhere
    • Anya Taylor-Joy, The Queen’s Gambit
    • Shira Haas, Unorthodox

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

• Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek
    • Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
    • Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America
    • Emily Watson, The Third Day
    • Yvonne Orji, Insecure

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

• Daniel Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    • Jeffrey Wright, Westworld
    • Nicco Annan, P-Valley
    • Donald Sutherland, The Undoing
    • Mahershala Ali, Ramy
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Wait, is I May Destroy You considered a Comedy Series now?

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

No idea, could really compete in any of the three genres right now. Comedy would still a massive fraud though (an occasionally joke does not a comedy make).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek
    Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
    Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America
    Emily Watson, The Third Day
    Yvonne Orji, Insecure
    Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

Daniel Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    Jeffrey Wright, Westworld
    Nicco Annan, Dead to Me
    Donald Sutherland, The Undoing
    Mahershala Ali, Ramy

The fact they don’t have Dead to Me in Series but have it in Supporting, have Sandra but not Jodie, have two nominations for The Third Day, have Jeffrey Wright in and not even have Gillian Anderson (who unless is mediocre is practically a lock) shows me how useless these predictions are.

Hang on Reese but no Blanchett? Not happening.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Nico Annan is not in Dead to Me.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think if her performance is acclaimed that Anya Taylor-Joy could actually snatch the Globe off of Kidman and Blanchett. She’s a newcomer and she could also be helped by her buzz for Emma.

Then again it will be interesting to see how both Unorthodox and The Queen’s Gambit do at the winter awards because Netflix’s history tells us they might be in a bit of trouble.

I won’t make any final judgments until we see The Crown season four, and I think the nomination will be harder than the win, but if she does make it into the lineup, I think Buckley has a real shot at the win.

I think we’re underestimating someone…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a feeling in S. Actress we’re headed for a lineup of Aduba, Anderson, Corrin, Murphy + an actress I have no idea who to predict as of yet. I wasn’t predicting Corrin but she seems to have a tonne of buzz and not even a (non teaser) trailer for The Crown has been released yet.

I think I’m going for either Buckley, Byrne, Garner or Rigg for the final slot.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I don’t think Aduba is getting nominated here. At all.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Mrs. America felt so buzzless even before the Emmy night and by the time Globes come I don’t think many people will even remember this show lol. They will propably just nominate Blanchett and the series, but I don’t even think it’s safe for Series nomination.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I don’t think Aduba is getting nominated here. At all.

I don’t get why people are predicting her left and right not just here but also at SAG. She’ll get CC and that’s it IMO.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 468 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions’ is closed to new replies.