Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 468 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Limited Actor:
    1. PAUL MESCAL, NORMAL PEOPLE
    2. MARK RUFFALO, I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE
    3. HUGH GRANT, THE UNDOING
    4. HUGH JACKMAN, BAD EDUCATION
    5. CHRIS EVANS, DEFENDING JACOB

Unless it’s a critical dud I HIGHLY doubt Bryan Cranston is missing.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Nominating Lovecraft Country in series but not its breakout star would be weird, even for the globes (i’m predicting a shut out tho).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just out of interest hopelessstar what are you predicting in Drama Series here?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Hugh Grant is likelier than Jeff Daniels. I mean the HFPA love him!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I don’t really know atm, I will have to look at all the contenders more precisely. Only the crown sounds like a lock to me, I’m not convinced by Ozark considering they never seemed to like it that much but the category look so weak so I just might predict it. Killing Eve is a strong possibility for me. Even if Paulson and a supporting actress get nominated, I have a hard time seeing Ratched happening. Finally, genre shows are not their cup of tea, that’s why I’m not high on lovecraft at all. They ignored a buzzier and more praised Watchmen last year. Really HBO just should push IMDY in drama lol.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Issa Rae has only missed once in getting recognised in lead actress. She could and should get nominated quite easily especially with the recent Emmy love her show has received.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t really know atm, I will have to look at all the contenders more precisely. Only the crown sounds like a lock to me, I’m not convinced by Ozark considering they never seemed to like it that much but the category look so weak so I just might predict it. Killing Eve is a strong possibility for me. Even if Paulson and a supporting actress get nominated, I have a hard time seeing Ratched happening. Finally, genre shows are not their cup of tea, that’s why I’m not high on lovecraft at all. They ignored a buzzier and more praised Watchmen last year. Really HBO just should push IMDY in drama lol.

Literally the same. I don’t get the confidence in Lovecraft Country or even Bly Manor. Sure like I said they can happen but history is not on their side.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I’m actually banking on The Haunting of Bly Manor. The combination of critical acclaim and being an audience hit yields big, in fact I’m worried about I May Destroy You as it is not a very accessible project (as much as great it is). Also, regardless of its quality Fargo may also not be a player this time as it is an aging show.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

The Crown
    The Mandalorian
    Killing Eve
    Lovecraft Country
    Ozark

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Ruffalo, Jackman, Mescal, Evans, Daniels, Cranston, Hawke, so hard to choose. I’m sure they’ll nominate Hollywood so even Pope might have a shot or Correnswet (cute rising white boy). It will probably be the 3 emmy frontrunners and then Daniels and Cranston I suppose.

Hollywood isn’t happening here.

Globes love Showtime, so it’s hard to choose who will make it among Daniels, Cranston and Hawke (maybe they all do lol). I think Daniels is out since his show came and went with basically zero buzz. It is something the Globes usually love though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m actually banking on The Haunting of Bly Manor. The combination of critical acclaim and being an audience hit yields big.

Well we don’t know if it will have critical acclaim or even be an audience hit because it isn’t even out yet lol.

I’m just saying the fact Hill House when competing in an empty Drama field at the Globes got snubbed doesn’t bode well for its chances going into an empty Limited Series field at the Globes. It has to be Netflix’s unquestionable priority (which I am a bit unsure about considering they have The Queen’s Gambit and Unorthodox already) going into the winter awards and be completely undeniable to make a breakthrough at the Globes.

With regards to I May Destroy You I don’t think it has accessibility problems. Its subject matter is grim but it seems to be an industry hit. I do think Coel isn’t guaranteed to happen here (even though she should be easily sweeping in an ideal world).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He’s lead?

Yep.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Well we don’t know if it will have critical acclaim or even be an audience hit because it isn’t even out yet lol. I’m just saying the fact Hill House when competing in an empty Drama field at the Globes got snubbed doesn’t bode well for its chances going into an empty Limited Series field at the Globes.

There are accounts of several people who viewed it saying it is good. Also, you seem to have a memory loss with first arguing that Dead to Me was predicted in directing this year and now citing 2019’s competition as weak which was not the case at all. Overall, I’m just not a fan of these kind of statements which generally lead to self-fulfilling prophecies.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There are accounts of several people who viewed it saying it is good.

Source?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

and now citing 2019’s competition as weak which was not the case at all. Overall, I’m just not a fan of these kind of statements which generally lead to self-fulfilling prophecies.

What self-fulfilling prophecies do you seem to be referring to? I don’t understand this statement.

Maybe weak was the wrong word. More open is probably the better choice of phrase which the 2019 Drama field was in comparison to the 2021 Limited Series field seems to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 468 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions’ is closed to new replies.