Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 468 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Source?

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/the-haunting-of-hill-house-2/page/6/#post-1203706150

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/the-haunting-of-hill-house-2/page/6/#post-1203706311

What self-fulfilling prophecies do you seem to be referring to? I don’t understand this statement. Maybe weak was the wrong word. More open is probably the better choice of phrase which the 2019 Drama field was in comparison to the 2021 Limited Series field seems to be.

Deeming a show non-starter when it is yet to air, causing to left out of discussion which leads to not being a part of the contenders which is all initiated by the unfounded bias that it may not be an awards performer.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/the-haunting-of-hill-house-2/page/6/#post-1203706150 https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/the-haunting-of-hill-house-2/page/6/#post-1203706311

Well it only has three reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, all 3 from TVLine. I’m waiting to see how many more it gets before we can certify it as having “critical acclaim”. After all after five reviews from different publications Amazon’s Utopia had a 100% RT critics score.

Deeming a show non-starter when it is yet to air, causing to left out of discussion which leads to not being a part of the contenders which is all initiated by the unfounded bias that it may not be an awards performer.

I don’t think it is unfounded to say that there is anti sci-fi/horror bias with the HFPA. They did snub the buzziest show of 2019 that ended up winning 11 Emmys including Limited Series, Actress, S. Actor and Writing…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know I said I can still see a Limited Series S. Actress win S. Actress but now I just don’t see anyone winning apart from Anderson or Corrin. They both give the two mot hyped about performances in any show of the year, are in this season’s Drama Series frontrunner and are being released close to the deadline. I mean I might not even say Corrin wins this I think Anderson does. I just feel it in my bones. The fact that she’s had an enormous amount of goodwill building up for her over the years post The X-Files, the fact she’s transformed into Margaret Thatcher, the fact that when they released the promo material for this season she was trending with people demanding she wins the Emmy already.

I mean her performance has to be really mediocre or this season has to be badly reviewed (and I mean like worse than the new Summer/Autumn shows reviews) for her to lose and it’s no like she really has that much competition either. I don’t see Garner ever winning for Ruth here, Aduba and Byrne might be forgotten when it comes to the win, Buckley might not even be nominated, Rigg may just end up being a posthumous nom not a win and no actress from a Comedy is winning this so no Murphy.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Drama Series: The Crown vs. Ozark

Drama Actress: Colman vs. Linney

Drama Actor: Jason Bateman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Drama Actor: Jason Bateman

I guess he is the frontrunner but I feel somewhat iffy about predicting him to win. I think it’s almost guaranteed one of Colman or Linney are winning but when was the last time the Globes gave both Drama acting awards to actors on their follow up seasons?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I agree. I don’t see them going for Bateman at all. They also never rewarded Matthew for The Americans, so that might be another reason for them to recognize him.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I don’t think Ozark and Linney are threats to win at all… she seems done for this season to me.

Profile picture
    Clarage
    Topics:

I wont even be suprised if Linney isnt nominated

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I see we’re underestimating the return of HFPA darling and 4 time nominee Catriona Balfe…

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think she is returning lol they never dropped her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Does he have material in the show though?

He has material and is quite good (in fact all the actors on that show are quite good and I wouldn’t mind if any of them showed up at the Emmys). It’s just that a more appropriate name for the show seems to be “Perry Boreson”.

You should be glad you never saw it…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I honestly see a scenario where Ozark has the same run as The Americans and only Garner wins (like Martindale but obviously way more deserving than Martindale) but then the show wins Actor and Writing or Directing for its final season. I know it already won Directing but that was in an arguably weaker field.

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

I’m confused. Balfe, Heughan and Outlander were all in the prediction centre for this year’s Golden Globes. And according to IMDb, Outlander aired 4 episodes last year, so I guess it was eligible?

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I’m confused. Balfe, Heughan and Outlander were all in the prediction centre for this year’s Golden Globes. And according to IMDb, Outlander aired 4 episodes last year, so I guess it was eligible?

Yeah, but that was like 4 episodes of season 4 for which Balfe was nominated the year before. I don’t think it’s that strange they didn’t nominate her for that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think September to November shows might be in trouble here because of the election. The only shows that seem to be getting buzz despite the election are SNL (well that’s BECAUSE of the election) and The Crown. And even then the latter could get overshadowed by the election coverage (although the fact it is going to be dropped on Netflix as a box set for Thanksgiving and Christmas will undoubtedly help it).

Honestly won’t be surprised if the only Autumn shows that get nods here are The Crown and MAYBE The Undoing.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 468 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions’ is closed to new replies.