Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 468 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The Globes have a runtime minimum, not an episode minimum, so Outlander was eligible last year. Here is my question: Do the Globes actually like starlets?

– Millie Bobby Brown
    – Vanessa Kirby
    – Jodie Comer
    – Julia Garner
    – Zendaya

Is Emma Corrin next?

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

Could we be underestimating The Alienist again?

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

There’s a new season of The Alienist?

Be back in a few hours.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could we be underestimating The Alienist again?

I don’t know. I haven’t really sensed any buzz for its second season at all.

Then again I haven’t sensed any buzz for Outlander in years and Balfe still makes it in year after year so who knows?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I think September to November shows might be in trouble here because of the election. The only shows that seem to be getting buzz despite the election are SNL (well that’s BECAUSE of the election) and The Crown. And even then the latter could get overshadowed by the election coverage (although the fact it is going to be dropped on Netflix as a box set for Thanksgiving and Christmas will undoubtedly help it). Honestly won’t be surprised if the only Autumn shows that get nods here are The Crown and MAYBE The Undoing.

I think fall shows will have an advantage as voting will take place in February. For example, Little Fires Everywhere is already shaky and it will have been almost a year since its airing but something like Your Honor that gap will be maximum two months.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think fall shows will have an advantage as voting will take place in February. For example, Little Fires Everywhere is already shaky and it will have been almost a year since its airing but something like Your Honor that gap will be maximum two months.

Yeah I think something like Your Honour may do well (it is airing in December after all and we’ve seen how that’s helped something like Maisel in normal times). However the shows I think are in danger are things like <i>Fargo </i>and The Comey Rule which are almost airing at the wrong time because everyone’s distractd by the election.

I do think shows like The Queen’s Gambit may do well at the expense of something like Unorthodox or Mrs. America though and that something like Ozark is on risky ground because it aired in March.

Here is my question: Do the Globes actually like starlets?

Katherine Langford.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Am I the only one who really thinks Laura Linney could snatch lead actress?

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Am I the only one who really thinks Laura Linney could snatch lead actress?

She’s not even safe for the nomination…

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

She’s not even safe for the nomination…

i just feel like she has a waaay better chance than people give her credit for. The globes know that she outsold in season 3 and they probably won’t want to give Colman another award so I feel like she could be a safe bet.

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Colman also has The Father on the film side as well so she might be snubbed for The Crown altogether if the HFPA know she’s gonna be nominated/win for that (similar to when Davis missed for Murder in her Fences year after consecutive nominations, or how Feldstein got in for Booksmart over Dever, whilst the latter got nominated for Unbelievable).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

i just feel like she has a waaay better chance than people give her credit for. The globes know that she outsold in season 3 and they probably won’t want to give Colman another award so I feel like she could be a safe bet.

I love Linney but I see no way she wins over Colman. I mean Linney in Ozark s3 >> Colman in The Crown but I feel like this idea that the HFPA won’t want to give Colman another award is tired. People said that about Colman last year saying they won’t want to give her a third award and look what the did. Same thing with Julia Garner when people said they think voters won’t want to give her an Emmy repeat. I mean I honestly won’t be surprised if Colman won for both The Crown and The Father because the HFPA seem to be in love with her.

Colman also has The Father on the film side as well so she might be snubbed for The Crown altogether if the HFPA know she’s gonna be nominated/win for that (similar to when Davis missed for Murder in her Fences year after consecutive nominations, or how Feldstein got in for Booksmart over Dever, whilst the latter got nominated for Unbelievable).

I highly doubt Colman gets snubbed when this season of The Crown looks like the likeliest bet to win the Drama Globe as a result of a stronger season and a weaker field, she is likelier to have stronger material than last season and she is competing in a weaker field from last year and the show is like a HFPA darling.

Davis missing doesn’t really matter that much when it’s quite rare for the HFPA to hold onto winners for longer than 2 years (i.e. Taraji P. Henson when she missed that year too) never mind nominees. It’s likely she just ran out of buzz and had a harder time getting in over HFPA darling Catriona Balfe, Keri Russell after The Americans exploded at the Emmys and Winona Ryder, Evan Rachel Wood and eventual winner Claire Foy in the buzziest shows that year.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I see that the last couple of posts are about Linney and Colman getting snubbed but I’m legit wondering who else is getting in if they are not?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t see Linney getting snubbed lol. It’s just I’m a bit worried for her because of how the HFPA doesn’t seem to really care for Ozark that much.

Then again I’m predicting the show to get nominated for 4 Globes (Series, Actress, Actor and S. Actress).

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I see that the last couple of posts are about Linney and Colman getting snubbed but I’m legit wondering who else is getting in if they are not?

Balfe, Paulson, Smollett, Killing Eve duo. Doubtful they would return to Moss & Moore. Maybe Myha’la Herrold & Brandee Evans if they take a shining towards Industry & P Valley.

That’s pretty much it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Balfe, Paulson, Smollett, Killing Eve duo. Doubtful they would return to Moss & Moore. Maybe Myha’la Herrold & Brandee Evans if they take a shining towards Industry & P Valley. That’s pretty much it.

Not seen Away and it’s apparently meant to be trash but I would not underestimate Hillary Swank. The show is widely watched and popular with audiences and the HFPA love their stars.

Moss is ineligible by the way.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 468 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions’ is closed to new replies.