Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 466 through 468 (of 468 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I just feel like Ozark might be in for the succession treatment this time round at the globes

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just feel like Ozark might be in for the succession treatment this time round at the globes

I understand where you’re coming from but I think that’s a mistaken comparison.

Succession was airing its buzzy second season after the 2019 Emmy eligibility and closer to the voting for the Golden Globes. It was arguably a HFPA discovery with Kieran Culkin’s nomination (I know that’s debatable) for season 1 and it was the perfect vehicle for the HFPA to jump on and anoint as the frontrunner.

Ozark has gone nowhere with the HFPA and whilst I expect it to explode and get 3 more nominations (Series, Linney, Garner) I don’t see it being win competitive for Series. By the time of the Globes it would have aired almost a year ago and its buzz seems to have already died down around the time of the Emmys and it’s facing competition from The Crown which already has the most buzz of any show eligible for Drama Series at the Globes (before its seen has aired yet), has the biggest bait, is a HFPA discovery and I’d be surprised if it didn’t live up in quality either. Yes it lost last year but the buzz for season 3 was quite underwhelming (I mean the only buzz for it was the casting of Olivia Colman and Helena Bonham Carter and one of them won the Globe whilst the other was never going to) even pre the release of its season. It was also up against the incredibly buzzy second season of Succession.

I mean judging by its buzz I think The Crown season 4 could even have given Succession season 3 a run for its money (for the Globe).

Anyway point being I think Ozark is more comparable to The Americans. It will probably explode in the same way it did at the Globes but with the competition I doubt it can win. However I do think it sets itself up for winning the Drama Series Globe for its final season. In an ideal world Linney should be easily taking this though.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So Emily in Paris is no.1/no.2 in almost every territory on Netflix. Looks like it’s not a flop after all…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Viewing 3 posts - 466 through 468 (of 468 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Golden Globes Predictions’ is closed to new replies.