Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Golden Globes TV Predictions

Super Early 2022 Golden Globes TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
20 hours ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
ahmad769
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The irony that Kate McKinnon dropped out of a show called The Dropout lol.

The show I’m most intrigued about here is The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It feels like the comedy version of The Crown in the sense that it’s a high brow period piece and we know the HFPA love it (they awarded Brosnahan with wins twice in a row). It also feels like a show that will more or less be top 5 most of the time at the Emmys because of its strong support from the actors and technical branches.

However I have to wonder whether this show will ever be win competitive for the top prize again and if it will be one of those shows that wins, suffers from awards fatigue and then continues to get nominated but never has the urgency to be awarded again (i.e. Mad Men). Or if it will be helped by being off the air for a year if it has a return to form. It will be interesting to see.

I do think Brosnahan can win again but not this year unless it’s the final season (she’ll be up against Issa Rae and Elle Fanning in their final seasons and Sandra Oh with what’s beginning to rival Angela Lansbury’s overdue narrative). But I wonder in general how well it will do up against Ted Lasso and up against The Great (which I think might have a Succession type of surge).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Hulu have a sleeping giant on their hands with The Great. It premiering so late into the Emmy cycle (ironically) may have hurt it’s chances more than helped, giving how phenomenal it’s Guild/Winter run has been. 3 Globe noms, 3 WGA noms (incl 1 win), 2 SAG noms (incl ensemble), ASC & CAS noms.

Audience wise it does seem to have a nice solid base (at least going by IMDB). It’s one of only five debut comedies to gather at least 10k audience reviews and score above a 7.6 in audience ratings.

Most reviewed debut comedies of 2020

1. Emily in Paris (48,132)
    2. Space Force (46,478)
    3. Ted Lasso (44,287)
    4. Upload (41,769)
    5. Never Have I Ever (25,501)

6. The Flight Attendant (23,742)
    7. The Great (19,653)
    8. Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (11,313)
    9. Dash & Lily (11,309)
    10. Dave (10,149)

Highest rated debut comedies of 2020

1. Ted Lasso (8.7)
    2. Dave (8.4)
    3. Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (8.2)
    4. The Great (8.1)
    5. Love, Victor (8.1)

6. Upload (8.0)
    7. Never Have I Ever (7.9)
    8. Truth Seekers (7.7)
    9. High Fidelity (7.7)
    10. Mythic Quest (7.6)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly I think had it premiered a month earlier, it would have gotten into Series, Actor and Actress at the Emmys. Being the only show not named Schitt’s Creek to get writing and directing nominations for a comedy series at the Emmys last year is not a feat to ignore.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Upcoming years will be so brutal for limited lead actress:

1. Connie Britton- The White Lotus
    2. Jessica Chastain Scenes From a Marriage
    3. Olivia Colman- Landscapers
    4. Beanie Feldstein- Impeachment: American Crime Story
    5. Sienna Miller- Anatomy of a Scandal
    6. Michelle Dockery- Anatomy of a Scandal
    7. Toni Colette- Pieces of Her
    8. Niecy Nash- Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story
    9. Julia Garner- Inventing Anna
    10. Julianne Moore- Lisey’s Story
    11. Vera Farmiga- Five Days at Memorial
    12. Dominique Fishback- The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey
    13. Elisabeth Moss- The Shining Girls
    14. Anne Hathaway- WeCrashed
    15. Nicole Kidman- Nine Perfect Strangers
    16. Melissa McCarthy- Nine Perfect Strangers
    17. Sasha Lane- Conversations With Friends
    18. Alison Oliver- Conversations With Friends
    19. Lily James- Pam and Tommy
    20. Amanda Seyfried- The Dropout
    21. Julia Roberts- Gaslit
    22. Viola Davis- The First Lady
    23. Michelle Pfeiffer- The First Lady
    24. Gillian Anderson- The First Lady
    25. Claire Foy- A Very English Scandal
    26. Rosario Dawson- DMZ
    27. Mackenzie Davis- Station Eleven
    28. Kate McKinnon- Joe Exotic
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ahmad769
    Topics:

Shining girls is not limited ig

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Russian Doll season 2 is as acclaimed as the first could it be our Comedy Series frontrunner?

Perhaps I’m biased here because I love this show so much and more so than <i>The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel</i>, Ted LassoThe Great and Atlanta (all of which I do like a lot as well lol especially their central performances). However I am noticing a very similar amount of pre-hype to the second season as there was with Fleabag season 2 (e.g. excitement for Annie Murphy/Andrew Scott’s casting) and Natasha Lyonne is arguably having a similar type of rise of stardom to the one Phoebe Waller-Bridge had before the second season of Fleabag.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon deserves an apology win for her treatment at the 2020 Emmys. I’d be very happy with a win from either Reese or Jennifer in lead and Julianna in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As long as she delivers, I know who I’m campaigning for next season…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

As long as she delivers, I know who I’m campaigning for next season…

I can’t wait for her and Cynthia Nixon’s collective serve.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can’t wait for her and Cynthia Nixon’s collective serve.

Carrie Coon too!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Carrie Coon too!

waittt… I just looked up the rest of the cast – Audra McDonald, Morgan Spector, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Taissa Farmiga!? Just give them the SAG Ensemble already.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Gaslit starring Julia Roberts & Sean Penn has an IMDB release date for 2021, if that’s the case I wouldn’t bet against Julia taking home actress in a limited series. She’s the definition of HFPA darling & they’ll be very eager to reward her after it being so long since her last win (2001).

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I don’t think Gaslit will be ready in time as Julia is currently shooting her film with George Clooney.

The Essex Serpent should be ready in time and I think that could be a big hit at the Globes.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I echo that Natasha Lyonne and Russian Doll season 2 do seem to have a good amount of early buzz, but who’s to say

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ahmad769
    Topics:

Dream lead actor race

Jeff bridges vs Gary oldman

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.