Home Forums Television This WAS the Prediction Thread for the 2022 Golden Globes: TV

This WAS the Prediction Thread for the 2022 Golden Globes: TV

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 265 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Tyler The Awe..
Heptapod
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

2. Louisa Jacobson, The Gilded Age

If I’m not mistaken Baranski has been announced as the lead.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken Baranski has been announced as the lead.

I feel like they might be co-leads? Everything I’ve read about Jacobson’s role makes it seem like we’re seeing things through her eyes/she’s the “hero” of the story. We probably won’t know for sure until we get trailer or reviews come out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like they might be co-leads? Everything I’ve read about Jacobson’s role makes it seem like we’re seeing things through her eyes/she’s the “hero” of the story. We probably won’t know for sure until we get trailer or reviews come out.

Did some digging.

According to this article both Baranski and Nixon appear to be the leads. 

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Did some digging. According to this article both Baranski and Nixon appear to be the leads.

But even in that article, it says the story revolves around Marion Brook (who Jacobson is playing). I don’t think we’ll know for sure who they’ll push lead and supporting until the show comes out. I’m just basing my predictions off of what I read, and everything I’ve read has pointed to Jacobson having a really big role that reads as being a lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

From HBO’s website:

https://www.hbo.com/the-gilded-age

She sounds like a clear lead, IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

From HBO’s website: https://www.hbo.com/the-gilded-age She sounds like a clear lead, IMO.

Thanks for sharing (I had no idea HBO already had a page for the show up already lol)! Jacobson definitely sounds lead from the premise.

Maybe it will be a situation similar to Big Little Lies where the show is an ensemble piece with three central performances and they push one performer in supporting and two in lead?

It’s a baseless assumption but I have a feeling Nixon will be the one who is pushed in supporting and Baranski and Jacobson will be pushed in lead like McGovern and Dockery (who of course was the principal lead) were for Downton?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Thanks for sharing (I had no idea HBO already had a page for the show up already lol)! Jacobson definitely sounds lead from the premise. Maybe it will be a situation similar to Big Little Lies where the show is an ensemble piece with three central performances and they push one performer in supporting and two in lead? It’s a baseless assumption but I have a feeling Nixon will be the one who is pushed in supporting and Baranski and Jacobson will be pushed in lead like McGovern and Dockery (who of course was the principal lead) were for Downton?

That’s exactly my thinking too, but it sounds like there are actual supporting roles that are juicy too. That could also just be HBO beefing up the character descriptions though lol. Either way, I think it’ll be a big player at the Globes and the Emmy’s next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

On a separate note Jays, I am glad I’ve found someone else who thinks Fanning has a strong chance here next year. The Great feels like it has been rising and rising in industry and audience popularity and both Fanning and Hoult have final season narratives. Something tells me that if it has a Succession s2 type of acclaimed season that it will be getting something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

On a separate note Jays, I am glad I’ve found someone else who thinks Fanning has a strong chance here next year. The Great feels like it has been rising and rising in industry and audience popularity and both Fanning and Hoult have final season narratives. Something tells me that if it has a Succession s2 type of acclaimed season that it will be getting something.

Final Season? Tony McNamara pitched it for six seasons, but yeah this is probably Fanning and Hoult final season since The Great is comedic counterpart of The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Final Season? Tony McNamara pitched it for six seasons, but yeah this is probably Fanning and Hoult final season since The Great is comedic counterpart of The Crown

Both Hoult and Fanning are leaving after this season due to the cast being aged up (like The Crown).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

On a separate note Jays, I am glad I’ve found someone else who thinks Fanning has a strong chance here next year. The Great feels like it has been rising and rising in industry and audience popularity and both Fanning and Hoult have final season narratives. Something tells me that if it has a Succession s2 type of acclaimed season that it will be getting something.

Are most people not expecting her (or The Great) to happen? To be fair, those aren’t my winner predictions. It’s too early for me to do all that, but she seems most likely to get nominated as of right now, imo. Also, I just realized that I have Maisel in series but I left out of Brosnahan in actress. That’s probably wrong but whatever lol. I think it’s possible that there could be some Maisel fatigue, especially if the show doesn’t up its quality next season. There seems like there will be a loooot of other comedies in play.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are most people not expecting her (or The Great) to happen? To be fair, those aren’t my winner predictions. It’s too early for me to do all that, but she seems most likely to get nominated as of right now, imo. Also, I just realized that I have Maisel in series but I left out of Brosnahan in actress. That’s probably wrong but whatever lol. I think it’s possible that there could be some Maisel fatigue, especially if the show doesn’t up its quality next season. There seems like there will be a loooot of other comedies in play.

The HFPA seem to like the show so I do think it will return in series here (especially with the Amazon payola lol) but I can see Brosnahan miss if the field is too competitive.

I feel like it will have a similar trajectory to Mad Men awards wise but in comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I doubt Fanning and Hoult will have solid enough of final season narratives to propel them to wins, at least on that narrative alone. Even if Hulu gets REALLY aggressive with their campaign (“This will be your last look at Elle Fanning. Be sure to savor it – and her.”), I feel like people don’t care quite that much about her or The Great to push her past performances or people they like more. If it blows up in season two then I think they are win competitive on performance alone because both are incredibly worthy, but I don’t think it’ll be a “we have to give Elle Fanning the Emmy while we can” moment. I doubt most voters are even aware of The Great’s cast switching plan, I mean a lot of the awards fiends here aren’t aware of it. It’s just not that popular, at least not yet.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah of course.

The thing I was more saying is that the show will be a top contender next season (the fact it landed both writing and directing noms at the Emmys within a few months of its premiere as an under the radar show, got 3 WGA nods, got a random BAFTA nod below the line due to the rule change there and broke through with SAG tells me it’s probably in at the Emmys provided this season doesn’t flop).

So if Hulu drums in the fact that this is the last season for Hoult and Fanning AND the show is a top contender with its rising popularity, I think it could help both secure wins. A bit like how when Fleabag was just starting to garner widespread popularity last year, Amazon ensured voters knew this was the final season. Similar thing with Schitt’s Creek.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Limited/Movie Actor

1. Ewan McGregor, Halston

2. Oscar Isaac, Scenes From a Marriage

3. David Thewliss, Landscapers

4. Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal

5. Paul Bettany, WandaVision

6. Olly Alexander, It’s a Sin

7. Tahar Rahim, The Serpent

8. Tom Hiddleston, The Essex Serpent

9. Antony Mackie, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

10. Sebastian Stan, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Where the f*ck is Jeremy Renner?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 265 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.